#WelcomeArbeloa

2»

Comments

• My Liverpool,supporting mate said he is gutted they did nt sign him as he would walk into their first team
  • My best friend is a Liverpool fan and he said the same ;lol
  • I am very excited about this. I actually hope he walks into our first team, plays at least half the matches and brings on Brian over time
  • The guy next to me at work is also a Liverpool fan and said he's great

• ADRIAN DELIGHTED WITH ARBELOA

West Ham goalkeeper Adrian is delighted his side have snapped up former Real Madrid defender Alvaro Arbeloa.

Arbeloa, who left Real Madrid earlier this summer, penned a one-year deal at West Ham last month.

Hammers goalkeeper Adrian, who is currently on international duty with Spain, was asked about Arbeloa’s arrival in east London in Marca and replied: “I do not know him personally, nor have I spoken with him. In a few days I will get to know him.

“I am delighted to have a new Spanish team-mate there (at West Ham). I am sure that he will help us and that he will do his bit so that we produce a phenomenal season at West Ham this year.”
  • I can't find the report but the German media reported that Bayern Munich's Xabi Alonso tweeted Arbeloa after the move congratulating him and telling him he wanted to see Arbeloa doing the crossed hammers sign asap. Nice to see this kind of behaviour from the really big club's players.

• ARBELOA REVEALS MILAN TALKS

Alvaro Arbeloa has revealed that he held talks with AC Milan before joining West Ham.

The Spanish full-back penned a one-year deal with the Hammers on deadline day, having left Real Madrid when his contract expired at the end of June.

He was asked about interest in him from Milan on Spanish radio station Cadena COPE and replied: “There were quite advanced talks, [but] everything became complicated with the arrival of the [new] Chinese [owners at Milan] and I preferred something else.”

He signed for West Ham two full months after ending his seven-year spell at Real Madrid and admits choosing a new club was a difficult decision.

He added: “I took a long time to make a decision because I wanted to be convinced. When you leave Real Madrid it is very difficult, it is difficult to choose, it’s like leaving heaven and finding a destination on earth. But the club, the city and the coach convinced me. I had various offers from Spain, but over there I could only wear the shirt of Real Madrid.”

• wonder if we can convince Xabi Alonso to sign a one year deal ;whistle
  • Indeed ;bowdown