Welcome Simone Zaza - official

Comments

• Think financially it makes sense, 16 games brings us to the halfway point of the season so allows us to reap the TV deal and the extra tickets sold at the OS to fund the move

Also it means that if he picks up a freak 4 month injury on his first game a la Ayew then we may have a bit of security if we don't want the deal to go ahead

Either way I'm happy we have need a striker and he's better than what we've got hopefully
    Not my first choice but all my first choices didn't wanna come to us
  • the extra tickets sold at the OS to fund the move
    I'm not sure I get this??? What extra tickets the place is packed out already.
  • east

Think it refers to the extra 25 000 tickets we can sell?
  • Interesting to see how he does, no doubt he has the talent to shine though. Slaven has always chased him during his time at WHU, so I back Bilic and his judgement. Zaza could make a big impact if he can settle in quickly because hes playing in a team which does create alot of chances, is dynamic in our set up and has a very strong nucleus+team spirit.
  • Didn't we have someone else on a loan deal where if we played them so many times they'd become permanent? If memory serves the poor moderator ended up sitting on the bench just to make up the numbers.
  • the extra tickets sold at the OS to fund the move
    I'm not sure I get this??? What extra tickets the place is packed out already.
    What Grey said
  • I'm just happy we have a player who seems happy to be joining us.. And he has already scored at home!.
    Welcome Zaza ;ok
  • Didn't we have someone else on a loan deal where if we played them so many times they'd become permanent? If memory serves the poor moderator ended up sitting on the bench just to make up the numbers.

GK? Stech ;hmm
  • Another loan deal ;hmm

It is officially, but if he doesn't play 15 times then it probably shouldn't be permanent, because he's either crocked or rubbish

;ok
  • I'd say it matters that it's a loan instead of a permanent.

I also don't like this idea of it becoming permanent after a certain number of appearances. We run the risk of ending up in a position where he never gets played because the manager doesn't want the deal to be triggered and we end up with one less player.

Personally with that kind of outlay I think it works for everyone, if he doesn't settle or gets injured we send him back and save the 20m.

If he does the business or is doing something right to be selected, we pay it

win, win.
  • It is a bit of a strange deal with regard figures and the 16 match trigger - were he not to make the grade in Slav's view and we had to stop playing him at 15 matches it would mean the loan fee of 5m worked out to £333k per match plus wages which you would imagine to be between 60 -100k so in theory we would be paying between 400k -500k per match in which he played.

Were the 16 match trigger not there at least you could get a season from him for your 5m which surely wouldn't be too much to ask for such a fee. I hope it is all academic however and he makes a big impact and we consider 25m a snip come Christmas.

Song?

• Song?

No mate, I'm useless at karaoke ;whistle
  • Is it confirmed at 16 games, or is that 'I heard...'?
  • May just be a rumour, you know how they get around.
  • Young Jack write it on Twitter I believe
  • edited August 2016

If he scores for us in his first game, there will be no more gloom in my household. I think, with absolutely no evidence to go on, that he's a better buy than Bony Idle or Baccout.

Alot of goals are going to have to be scored and many matches won before the gloom that descended last Thursday night will ever have been considered to have been lifted.

;angry ;angry

Interesting to see how he does, no doubt he has the talent to shine though. Slaven has always chased him during his time at WHU, so I back Bilic and his judgement. Zaza could make a big impact if he can settle in quickly because hes playing in a team which does create alot of chances, is dynamic in our set up and has a very strong nucleus+team spirit.

This is the same Slaven who kept chasing Tore is it? That decision is not going down very well with the fans at the Stadium at the moment is it?

• Welcome to West Ham Ms Gabore.
  • Diddy D Mini Me didn't give a figure:
    Jack Sullivan ‏@jsullivanwhu 15h15 hours ago

5m loan fee, if he plays a small number of games it becomes a permanent 5 year deal and we pay another 20m euro plus additional add ons
  • Am I wrong in thinking Emineke was on the same kind of deal ;hmm
  • Scary looking front line
    Tore-Zaza-Feghouli
    #thug life
    ;cool
  • Am I wrong in thinking Emineke was on the same kind of deal ;hmm

.......you're wrong in thinking that I believe

;ok
  • Wrong? Impossible. I think you'll find I was misinformed/misled/had my account hacked.
  • FortuneSeeker, I agree Tore has been super frustrating so far but its best to judge him after more time and playing in a stronger team will help- with Lanzini, Payet, etc back!
  • twc,

Will he get a regular spot in the team when all our midfielders are fit?
  • Fortune, I dont believe he will but we will always have injuries and Bilic has shown he genuinely mixes up the systems he plays, so there will be opportunities still. Also, we do have some wonderful midfield options so the standard is very high! I think Payet could be played more as a number 10 this season which would open up a flank for Tore to possibly start/get more game time. Either way, the time to judge Tore will be once the season has really kicked in, but so far he has been disappointing, although that doesnt make him a bad player.
  • Tbh I have a good feeling about this one. Think he's got that cult player feel about him.

Not saying he'll bang in 30 goals. But 12 in the PL would be a good return.
  • Guess the song.
    Zaza Zaaza, Zaza Zaaza, Zaazaaza Zaaza.