Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Transfer Speculation Summer 2016 - Part V

Comments

• Rav, dear. You worry me sometimes.

But.

This consent drip drip drip smack in the face drip drip with the Emmanuel Adebayor stuff is starting to make me think ;hmm maybe as am emergency loan thing until January ;hmm

I'm off for a lay down in a dark room.
  • ( ;wahoo )

E25A ;bowdown
  • Too many pain killers Suze? ;biggrin
  • Quite possibly IH, quite possibly ;biggrin
  • Romaine champions EA and I still will counter that with RVP! I'd settle for the circus that is Ballotelli. We could get any of those 3 in no time. None would cost a lot and we could offer a 1 year deal with potential for a couple more years.
  • RVP for me - proven goalscorer and potentially able to pass on his experience to the younger players ...
  • I had a dream last night we signed Zamora.

I fear that actually may be an option.
  • I'd like to see us go for Debuchy or Janmaat. Solid right backs. Rotate with Byram for the cup games and throughout the season.

#freeantonio
  • Janmat can't defend
  • Carlton come back, it's all gone boom...!
  • Janmat can't defend

That's why he'd be such a good fit for us. Just look at Masuaku's interview: "I'm quite good at attacking but need to work on my defending." Seriously, I must admit I don't know how well he defended at Newcastle, but I do recall him being their most dangerous attacking threat while not obviously doing so at the expense of goals. Anyone got some evidence of his defending skills?
  • Janmat can't defend

Is he better at defending than Antonio? Yes.
    Would he be fairly cheap? Yes.
    Would he be available? Yes.
    Would it allow Antonio to move forward? Yes.
  • edited August 2016
    Can he not get into NUFC championship side right now...........Check

Which means he's probably rubbish

;biggrin
  • Janmat is ok going forward but a woeful defender
  • Iheanacho isnt really in the first 11 at Man City. Im surprised nobodys made a loan enquiry. The guy scored 14 last year and never really seemed to play a full 90 minutes.
  • Palace agree 32 m deal for Benteke ;nonono
  • Shame. Was hoping we could get him
  • 27 mill. Benteke to palace. Four years ago you could have bought the club for that. No disrespect to the Glaziers, but we are in a topsy turvy world with the cash that is being lobbed about. The key being survival in the prem rather than long term thinking. How many years before a consortium from Dubai or the States buys a Premiership club and moves the franchise to Baltimore or Tuscon, and we play the Orlando scooters or Madrid fury for the super bowel. Yes I mean bowel.

Just scared rant over. But I rather like Palace. And WHU.
  • West Ham are maintaining a watching brief on developments with Man City striker Wilfried Bony as they contemplate ways to solve their growing injury list.
  • We're not signing anyone else i dont think.
  • Record signing that gets injured - check
    South American Sully punt - check
    Youth team player that probably won't make the grade - check
    Loan signing that flatters to deceive - check

Yeah, I think we're done ;ok
  • No we're not, OCS, not quite

We still have to sign our 1st September out of contract freebie player
  • edited August 2016
    So, let's say we are done.

If everybody put down their best XI on paper, I'd guess only one new signing makes the XI at a push, and at least 50% of users don't include him anyway.

That is a worry because we are standing still by not improving the XI.

Adrian
    Byram - Reid - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Kouyate
    Antonio - Lanzini - Payet
    Carroll

Randolph, Collins, Masuaku, Nordveit, Feghouli, Tore, Ayew
  • ;nonono Carlos Bacca has decided to stay at AC Milan - rejecting interest from West Ham. (Daily Express) ;nonono
  • IMO That is a fair point Luke ;ok
  • No we're not, OCS, not quite

We still have to sign our 1st September out of contract freebie player

It went Boom
This discussion has been closed.