Calleri Confirmed, and all that

13»

Comments

• I think Calleri is Sully's punt for the window. Does look a decent player but can't see him getting past ten.

I guess he'll be competing with Carroll for the starting spot up front and will hopefully get some minutes on Thursday ;ok
  • Sullivan on Calleri: "We expect him to be one of our top goalscorers this season."

;hmm

It's all making sense now, when they said "marquee signing" then they just forgot the word "loan"
  • Sullivan on Calleri: "We expect him to be one of our top goalscorers this season."

;hmm

And if he is, he will be sold to someone else, perhaps as soon as Jan, as we have no option to buy - then we will be back to square one
  • We have a 12 month loan so I doubt he will be sold in Jan.
  • SB on Calleri:
    “He is in form, played in three games at the Olympics and scored, so he is definitely in good shape and doesn’t need pre-season and all that. The only question-mark is jet-lag, so we’ll see on Thursday.”
    ;wahoo
  • He might well be a decent prospect but that's a huge risk if they're expecting him to be one of the top scorers. Plus, with it only being a 1 season loan (no option to buy), it would appear to be a big risk on our part... especially when you consider our other striker options.
  • It's a win win imo. If he has a good year then we have given ourselves another season to buy a good striker. If he fails we give him back.
  • edited August 2016
    If he's expected to be one of the 'leading PL scorers' then I'd suggest that's it as far as striker signings goes, because you won't have a 3rd choice forward trouble the scoring charts.

Slav speaks highly of him. Says he's top quality so maybe he wants him as his No.1 forward with Andy back to being an impact sub?
  • I think he meant he will be one of our top scorers not in the whole PL
  • I don't think Andy will be happy being an "impact sub" when he is fully fit, different if coming back from injury.

;hmm

And if he is, he will be sold to someone else, perhaps as soon as Jan, as we have no option to buy - then we will be back to square one
    I thought we did have an option to buy. Are you sure?
  • eski

Haven't seen anything suggesting that from the OS (though that doesn't mean we don't...)
  • Yeah I don't think we've got the first dibs at a set price thingy, we'd have to be bidding against others, possibly.

Doesn't mean we can't as G Man says.
  • edited August 2016
    SB on Calleri:
    “He doesn’t know the players and all that because he’s only been here a short time and all that, but he showed great quality.
    Double points ;wahoo
  • ;lol Just posted same thing on match thread.
  • I agree with Slaven's assessment of Calleri vegetable (Calleri flower??) Especially the 'and all that' part ;wink