I won't stand for this - The thread all about standing at the OS.

Comments

• Slizzy

You seem to be working on the assumption that the club will come to an understanding with those that want to stand, but I don't see that happening, tbh.
  • edited August 2016
    I'm coming to the assumption that they will find a way for people to be able to swap/move seats due to fast realizing that by making everyone sit down a large part of the atmosphere will be gone. It just depends how many people get the ache, how quickly and to what degree.

;ok
  • We did to a certain extent in the BML at UP, people who wanted to stand would swap seats with those who wanted to sit. It worked well.
  • Yep that I think is what could happen to a degree unofficially but already after a couple of games there have been reports of skirmishes between fans, that being said many ST were displaced in the EL game
  • Yep that I think is what could happen to a degree unofficially but already after a couple of games there have been reports of skirmishes between fans, that being said many ST were displaced in the EL game

Yes, I think there will be a leveling out of this after a few home games.
  • I think it will be clear as the ST holders will be in their usual/normal place but we will have to wait and see if the incidents continue.

Many people didn't get what they thought they'd bought via the CGI, one person even got a seat that doesn't actually exist, it's teething problems no doubt let's hope the club tries to help over time.

Is the SAB still going? Is there still a platform to air these issues?
  • Slizzy

I'm not sure about the SAB, we were told we would have to re-apply but I've seen no news on that front and I received no replies from the Clubs SAB email account.

Any fan can send there stadium feedback to [email protected] which I have and have [yes you guessed it] received no response.

I'm not sure I'm up for it anyway, the new format that was introduced about 18 months ago was poor. I start a new much more demanding job next month so I'm not sure I'll have the time either.
  • Cheers Suze

(understand your reasons - good luck with the job!)

;ok
  • It will be like every season when you renew your season ticket and get the opportunity to change seats. There will be a decent churn, imo, for the first few years which will enable most holders to get pretty much where they want to sit.
  • For those of you who insist on standing at the new ground, you have just deprived 3,000 of your fellow supporters the pleasure of seeing their team against Bournemouth. I hope you are proud of yourselves

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/August/16-August/Stadium-capacity-set-for-AFC-Bournemouth?
  • Be interesting on Sunday and see how many around me have taken any notice I will gladly sit but can't if everyone In front of me stands up. If they start trying to eject people I can see trouble brewing big time.
  • They're going to have to be patient. It's going to be tough for people to accept that they can't do what they had done at UP. Part of the troubles that come with moving.
  • Posts moved over from the stadium thread.
  • ;ok Grey

Putney, its going to be quite unpleasant for a bit I think. There needs to be robust stewarding and fans need to be made to sit down from front to back. Every time you get a rendition of 'Stand up if you love West Ham' they need to do it again and keep doing it.

So Newham Council can see the club are taking this issue seriously - they will then be more willing to increase capacity to 60k.
  • So where were the Chelsea & Kensington Stadium Safety Group on Monday insisting that the 3000 Hammers should sit down? I'm not advocating standing, only a level playing field.
  • I wonder if during the season ticket allocation they could ask the question, do you like to stand. Then group they people together.

I hope also that they can look into safe standing. For me standing is part of football, I think the atmosphere is better.
  • edited August 2016
    IH, maybe chavski don't rent their stadium and have far less restrictions imposed by the owners or owners agents
  • So I'm a little confused. 60,000 capacity. 52,000 season tickets. 5,000 away tickets. leaving 3,000 tickets for the ballot. But they say those already allocated ballot tickets can go and they won't allocate any more?

First of all, why are they only partially fulfilling a ballot, surely they do it all at once?
    Secondly, surely the reduction by 3,000 means there are 0 available for the ballot.
  • Vorse

Every fan going to their season ticket appointment new UP and where shown their new seat, fans should have known were the standing areas where and if they didn't I question how much of a fans they are and would ask 'where the hell have you been?'
  • edited August 2016

So I'm a little confused. 60,000 capacity. 52,000 season tickets. 5,000 away tickets. leaving 3,000 tickets for the ballot. But they say those already allocated ballot tickets can go and they won't allocate any more?

First of all, why are they only partially fulfilling a ballot, surely they do it all at once?
    Secondly, surely the reduction by 3,000 means there are 0 available for the ballot.

3000 away tickets is the allocation.
    They probably did the full ballot but haven't told the members with ticket number 2001-5000 that they were successful.
  • Suz - There are "standing areas" in the stadium?
  • Ah ok Herb, thanks. I thought away was 5000 for some reason. Well hopefully I'll be there on Sunday and they can't revoke it somehow!
  • Suz - There are "standing areas" in the stadium?

Nooooooo
  • Then I am confused with Suz reply.

"fans should have known were the standing areas where"
  • Vorse, I think herb is mimicking the clubs denial on the subject ;wink

There were areas at the Boleyn that fans relentlessy stood, unofficially.
  • edited August 2016
    Vorselaar

At the Boleyn, sections of fans stood (against regulations, but untroubled by stewards.)

I think Suze was suggesting that people should have known where the comparable areas in the OS would be, and either go there, or avoid them.

However, I think that given the hard-line stance the stadium is taking over standing, it will no longer be possible to turn a blind eye to the issue of standing so in the end I don't think it will make a lot of difference.

You sit down (or avoid 'persistent standing') or risk getting banned.
  • Shoot them Capt Mannering, shoot them.
  • edited August 2016

Suz - There are "standing areas" in the stadium?

Sort of... unofficially of course. The BML & TBL - the same as UP.