I won't stand for this - The thread all about standing at the OS.

1141516171820»

Comments

• edited September 2016
    So I've just found out a bunch of information about the network implementation at work. I'll give a brief summary and for obvious reasons I need to avoid too many details.

1. Permanent Network, there is an order but the PO was only sent last Thursday. Official date to implement (standard lead time) would be May next year. Absolute earliest would be Feb, but that's just not going to happen for this sort of work.
    2. Temporary solution was originally refused by both parties as it's not suited to the venue, but discussions have re-opened. Nothing has been agreed let alone ordered.

So the December date being banded about is currently, a complete lie.
  • wow!!!

Thanks for sharing Eski

;ok

So I'm guessing that when the Olympics finished and the stadium rebuilt, did the original Airwave have to come down then due to construction or was it because the LS185 thought they could get away with not policing 57k+ and take the route that most PL clubs were that police were being reduced in favour of cheaper stewarding options.

Perhaps a bit of both?
  • I think more likely the former. It had to come down anyway because it was temporary for the Olympics and they had to do a lot of work to the stadium. As far as I can tell, only a handful of stadiums actually have the network in the ground. Emirates being the only major club stadium I could find.
  • Eski so it's being reported that they can get away with (initially) putting in boosters in dead spots in the LS?

Know anything about that
  • Palace fans showed their support for #safestanding against West Ham yesterday - urging both club owners to act! #CPFC

• Eski is it confirmed that the Airwave system will be Feb now?

Also I read that there is a mobile van being used with boosters for the signals and that the club, police and LS185 are arguing over the cost?
  • Well Gold and co will have to put their hands in their deep deep pockets and pay for it to be installed quicker otherwise we will be playing behind closed doors or points deducted. Every away team now will be looking to do us over now and press hate us so if it kicks off against stoke which I think it will we are doomed ;weep
  • Just don't have any away supporters to the games. Sorted.
  • Put the away supporters up in the top tier it will remove some of the flash points in the lower and allow more West Ham fans to stand behind the goal. Lots of other clubs stick away fans out the way so why not us
  • We will not be playing behind closed and we won't be getting a points deduction.

Which ever party - the club or the land lords - are responsible for fan safety / stewarding / policing in the T&Cs of the rental agreement will have to pay.

Let's not panic quite yet.
  • Putney, pull yourself together man! ;hug

Only the FA can make us play behind closed doors, and based on the facts of the situation that really is most unlikely to happen.

The Airwave system wouldn't have made an difference to the events of Wednesday: since a 'temporary' system that does what the Airwave system does was in place and worked perfectly.

Once the trouble kicked off, riot police were on the spot in less than a minute.
  • From the OS -

A spokesperson for London Stadium Safety Advisory Group said: “The Stadium’s safety certificate was granted after all safety plans were agreed before the start of the season. The extensive security and safety operation implemented by all partners was robust. Therefore, there are no plans to review the safety certificate or to reduce the stadium capacity.

Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/October/27-October/West-Ham-United-and-London-Stadium-to-pursue-bans#Vtc2ZB5OKCBBJmU6.99
  • Had there been safe standing at the lower tiers on Wednesday night - do we think it would have made any difference?
    Personally, I don't believe it would have.
    I also don't think this sort of behaviour helps any move towards safe standing being considered by the authorities and/or owners and operators of the stadium in the short term.
  • Not to bring up old arguments but now we are halfway through the season and BML stewards all now allow standing which I think is sensible and people are slowly sorting themselves into correct areas of stadium for them. ;ok ;clap