Andrew Awey signs - confirmed by young Jack and DG - now on OS

Comments

• Such a great player, a really exciting signing for me. I don't know how Slav is going to fit everyone in but we now have one of the best attacking lineups in the league. Just need another strong striker to accompany AC.

Picking up players like Ayew and Feghouli, who already had strong reputations, shows we are growing as a club.

• As someone just said no mention that he is our "record breaking signing" is Bacca on the way?
  • Ayew ran rings round our defence last year. Good signing. Expensive though.
  • Not bad business for Swansea. Free transfer just over a year ago from Marseille and now $20.5m from West Ham.
  • May be saying the same about feghouli this time next year......always a couple gems on the free trasnfer market

Anyways exciting signing all the same

Interesting to see where lanzini fits in with all these AMs we now have, think hes subtly brilliant

Anyways now to a real CF

• Must admit I was disappointed we didn't get him last summer, so pleased he's coming but obviously at quite a cost. Can't help wondering if the Dave's will now just settle for someone like Calleri on loan, so using Ayew as a CF when Carroll can't play but a winger when Carroll starts. Would much prefer 2 proper CFs come in (say Bacca and Calleri) so that Ayew is primarily in the attacking midfield 3 somewhere. Then just move Sakho and Valencia on, and we're only a RB away from a really decent squad.

Imagine the riches to play in behind the striker when they're all fit; any 3 from Payet, Lanzini, Ayew, Tore, Feghouli and Antonio.

GK:Adrian, Randolph
    RB: Byram, (new)
    CB: Reid, Ogbonna, Collins, Oxford, Burke
    LB: Cresswell, Masuaku
    DM/CM: Noble, Kouyate, Obiang, Nordtveit
    AM/Wide: Payet, Lanzini, Ayew, Tore, Feghouli, Antonio
    CF: Carroll, Bacca?, Calleri?

I'm not saying that would be a top 4 squad, but I would hope it would be a solid top 8 squad, maybe 7th, 6th or even 5th. However, imo it still really depends who we manage to bring in up front as Carroll can't be relied on fitness-wise, and, imo, he's not mobile enough to get the most out of what should be a very talented group of players just behind him. A great option to have, but someone with more movement should suit us better going forwards.
  • I think we now have a real chance in the Europa if we take it seriously and Bilic gets his tactics right. At least to get through to the knock-out stages
  • edited August 2016
    I believe DS said that they didnt push more for Ayew when a free agent (wages wise) because he was unproven in the Prem then. Now is a different story. 20M is plenty but inflated prices in all that. Also, we got Fegouli and Nordvelt on frees so they all average 6.6 million ;wink As per other comments, I think hes a great addition! ;clap
  • Because of the quality in the squad, I'd say staying in the EL is a must now to keep everybody happy.
  • adecoker said:

At the moment I think I'd go for:

-----WH-----
    -AT--ON--EA-
    ---RT--HDO--
    --ES--TH--IS--
    AL---LME---AN

Ade,
    I think I would play AL on the left of the front three, but then I am dyslexic
  • edited August 2016
    Added bonus that Mr Payet already knows his game and has assisted plenty of his goals ;thumbsup
  • Good signing nice to see other teams best players want to come for us for a change and not the other way round
  • http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37016331

BBC says 4 year deal, OS says 3 year with a 2 year option.

BBC says we have made 5 signings, and doesn't include Tore.

Are all their writers working on Pogba or what?
  • Tore is a loan so not a signing as such.
  • Lanzini perm move included?
  • By my count it's actually 9 signings so it's completely useless!
    Fletcher, Martinez, Quina, Lanzini, Nordtveit, Feghouli, Tore, Arthur, Ayew
  • Give the bloke a chance. Knock the goals in, he will be a hero. Cant hit a cows bottom with a banjo...... He will be a legend ;ccole

Fixed it for ya! ;wink
  • Why is he not Dede any more?

I was hoping to be able to upcycle an old hashtag.

#DedeTime > #NeneTime
  • edited August 2016
    20 mill for Ayew when Man Utd have spent 90 odd million on Pogba a player who was poor at the Euros is great business. Payet was so much better.
    If United paid so much for Pogba how much does that also make Kouyate worth ? As he is a better player and scores goals.
  • Speaks well..

• he's a big upgrade on mosses imo .
  • Time will tell.
  • Good interview, however I find the text/translation very embarrassing... very unprofessional, but, also very informative... I had no idea our manager is called "slum village" ;doh
  • KHA ;ok I thought that watching Arthur's interview yesterday. I don't know who that text is helping ;lol
  • KHA, it's auto-generated by YouTube, even our media team, I think, aren't that bad.
  • Hope he is a step up on Moses 20m...

Strange I never thought we would spend that money and I wouldn't be blown away.
  • edited August 2016
    as he walks through And out of the tunnel then kind of whistles to himself in amazement?

Quality
  • http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/August/9-August/New-Hammers-enjoy-first-session

Training wiv Arfur + Dimi. Look like they are enjoying themselves.
  • (although the goalkeeper was paid to let everything in, right ;hmm )