Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Help needed with timings for travel to the Stadium

edited August 2016 in Olympic Stadium
Help Peeps if you can? I am travelling to the Bournemouth game at our new stadium but have never been. I arrive by coach at Victoria station then its all underground overground from there. Firstly is it Stratford station I get off at then walk to the stadium? Secondly can anyone hazard a guess as to how long it will get from Victoria coach station to Stratford and vice versa after the match? I need to know so as to book the coach ticket. I can arrive at 13:05 at Victoria and catch the 21:00 home. Will this be enough time??

Comments

• Hants

Try using this; https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/

There are 3 Stratford stations - Stratford High Street | Stratford | Stratford International - you are better off using Stratford.

• 3 min: Victoria line to Oxford Circus Underground Station
    19 mins: Central line to Stratford Underground Station

20 to 30 minute walk to the stadium block.

30 to 40 minute walk back to the station after the game.
  • Thank you Suze. ;ok
  • edited August 2016
    Allow 10-15 minutes to walk from the coach station to Victoria mainline + find your way down to the Victoria Line underground platform. (Maybe longer if you need to buy a ticket. My advice: use your contactless debit/credit card if you have one.) Not such a problem on the 'arriving' journey, as the tubes are frequent and if you miss one you can get the next, but could be crucial on the way back when you don't want to miss your coach!

Apologies if you are already familiar with that bit of the journey ;ok
  • Don't apologise Mrs G - all help appreciated as not often in t' smoke (and this is a Sunday when trains may be more infrequent than weekdays) although I do have an oyster card so will keep that topped up. Thank you again ;wave - just need a win now. ;scarf
  • 21.00 bus home. Left plenty of time for a ;beer or two I see ;whistle
  • Sorry Hants I can't help with the win.
  • Ha ha sounds good but not really Ironherb-i'm just paranoid about missing buses/trains etc- I would rather spend an hour waiting than 10 minutes or less running to catch a bus!
  • Don't apologise Mrs G - all help appreciated as not often in t' smoke (and this is a Sunday when trains may be more infrequent than weekdays) although I do have an oyster card so will keep that topped up. Thank you again ;wave - just need a win now. ;scarf

;thumbsup

Instead of Victoria Line to Oxford Circus/Central Line, you can always go District Line west to Mile End and change there. Will probably take a bit longer, but if you are like me, it's reassuring to have a plan B in case there are problems on the Victoria line/Oxford Circus is closed/anything else that can go wrong and always does when you are in a hurry ;weep
  • Good idea ;ok
  • edited August 2016
    #beltandbraces

or

Expect the best, but plan for the worst.

;biggrin
  • edited August 2016

I arrive by coach at Victoria station then its all underground overground from there.

Perhaps the Wombles are the best people to ask as they wander free?

;whistle
  • MrsGrey said:

#beltandbraces

or

Expect the best, but plan for the worst.

;biggrin

Bit like my thoughts before most games lol! Thanks for the advice folks.
  • ;lol #mantra
  • Pudding mill lane is open if you want to get back into the city without the queues its a bit out the way but ppl were using it Sunday even though they say it's closed u can get dlr back into maybe bank and then change