Arthur Masuaku Confirmed on OS

Comments

• ;stout A pint of Arthur's, please ;wink
  • Looks very good on YouTube...

... But so did Faubert ;hmm ;lol

• Pearces_Left_FootPearces_Left_Foot

"He can play in the next round if we beat Astra but not against them"

easthammereasthammer

"He is cup tied for the play offs vs Astra but not for the group stages should we get to them."

If? Should? Surely it's more a case of when.
  • Liking the positivity Ade ;ok
  • IronHerb said:

Liking the positivity Ade ;ok

I think I've just exhausted my supply of it for the 2016/17 season.

• ;nonono

#gonetooearly
  • Ade ;ok , of course I meant when just didn't want it in the written records....whoops thats done it ;phew
  • His English is good ;clap

• I have to say, regarding this transfer, a big ;clap to the owners getting it done quickly...

found out the extent of Cresswell's injury 2 weeks ago and we have already unveiled a player to cover him...

When you think a LB probably wasn't even on the radar before then...
  • Arthur? He does as he pleases ( I know its crazy, but its true ;wahoo )
  • I have to say, regarding this transfer, a big ;clap to the owners getting it done quickly...

found out the extent of Cresswell's injury 2 weeks ago and we have already unveiled a player to cover him...

When you think a LB probably wasn't even on the radar before then...

Happy, I think they probably were looking ;ok We've needed decent cover for Cresswell for a couple of seasons so a back up was always likely. Not sure we'd have spent £6m on a back up, but the injury forced our hand and now we have competition across the park ;wahoo (once Bacca signs, naturally)

Looks very good on YouTube...

And he went on to play for Real Madrid.

• OCS, true, but do you genuinely think it was that high up the list given Cresswell's fitness record.... I don't..

The fact he got injured meant they had to go out and look for a first XI standard left back... IMO they would not have been looking for one prior to that... Maybe one for the future...

So they've done well to identify a target and get him in double quick, and relatively no talking about him (which is almost the opposite of what we're used to)... So for me I say well played Sully n co..
  • adecoker said:

Looks very good on YouTube...

And he went on to play for Real Madrid.

And Kilmarnock, now I come to think about it.

• I agree the club have done well Happy ;ok I imagine we may have been looking at someone like Charlie Taylor at Leeds to provide back up to Cresswell but their hand was forced and they've picked up a decent left back with good European experience for relatively little.
  • Slav has said that they had been looking for a LB this tranfer window before Cressers got injured, but as you say, Happy, they maybe needed to raise the bar a bit ;ok
  • Well if he's Arthur as good as his name...
  • edited August 2016
    Well let's hope he defendselot ;whistle
  • Just saw the OS interview with Arthur. This cracked me up: "I need to work on my defence. I think in attack I am quite good. But my problem is only I have to work to be focussed also on my defence."

Just what we needed! A LB who can't defend. But maybe he's very modest - he is French, after all.
  • Hamstew said:

I've got the door if you wanting get ya coat... ;yercoat
  • Just saw the OS interview with Arthur. This cracked me up: "I need to work on my defence. I think in attack I am quite good. But my problem is only I have to work to be focussed also on my defence."

Just what we needed! A LB who can't defend. But maybe he's very modest - he is French, after all.

I do actually think he was being very honest/humble. Quite refreshing because these types of interviews are usually pretty vapid. Have a good feeling about him.

This made me laugh too... But with Slav and Dicksy I reckon they'll be able to teach him how to put in a tackle or two...
  • Hamstew said:

I've got the door if you wanting get ya coat... ;yercoat
    So flirty
  • Got a good feeling about this guy.
  • Young and hungry and humble all good signs.
  • Got a good feeling about this guy.

That sounds like the title of a '60s Motown single. Mary Wells, The Marvelettes?
    If it wasn't then it should have been.

• One of his quotes from the OS

"I need to work on my defence"

So we basically have Mikhail Antonio in both full back positions?

;hmm

Yikes!!!

;lol

• ade

Etta James?