Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

World Cup Heroes (statue)

West Ham face a wall of red tape to move the statue of our World Cup Heroes to the Olympic
Stadium.
The bronze of Moore, Hurst, and Peters could now stay outside what remains of Upton Park for for years.
A Newham council aide said " stringent conditions had been placed on the relocation of the Champions sculpture to the Olympic Park that must be met before any move is agreed.
Councillors agreed it could only be moved once a fully funded plan was in place to improve the
junction where the sculpture currently stands after it has been relocated. The conditions also
included the installation of a piece of public art linking the area to West Ham.

Comments

• I don't think it's a bad thing for the statue to stay a few years while the conditions are met. I would also be interested to know exactly where at the OS it will be re homed. Hopefully somewhere very prominent for all the world to see.
    ClaretandBlueforLife
  • edited July 2016
    In champions place, it is to go in the centre of the area where fans have purchased champions stones and where Dylan has a stone.

We were told all the red tape had been sorted through and conditions met. But I am coming to realise I was told a lot of things that are turning out to be smoke and mirrors ;hmm
  • edited July 2016
    ;hmm That Sun article doesn't say that the conditions haven't been met.

It's not clear.