Michail Antonio

Comments

• I suppose it's a bit different if you're playing out of position against Hazard than it is against Dave the Sparky on a Sunday morning ;wink
  • I did emphasise at my level. He's a premier league player isn't he?
  • Not sure Slav agrees...
  • Joking aside, Antonio's strengths suit his preferred position. His weaknesses as a footballer are not as exposed on the wing as they are at right back, much like my weaknesses as a right winger weren't exposed when I played at centre back.

His unpredictability as an attacker is an asset, but unpredictability at the back is not what you want, and losing the ball in the opposition's 18 yard line is a lot less dangerous as losing it on your own.
  • That C&H article is ridiculous.

"may be on the brink" "could end tonight"

Word it in such a way that nobody can say you're wrong, and you're always in the know.
  • alderz said:

That C&H article is ridiculous.

Word it in such a way that nobody can say you're wrong, and you're always in the know.

Fixed it for you ;ok
  • alderz said:

Oh color me shocked image
  • My sources have revealed that Antonio may play on the right wing tonight, but he could be left on the bench, or asked to play right back again.
  • alderz said:

That's how he's made a career, so he always has an out. He's about 2 injuries behind most of the real ITK and he can't even get the basics right.
  • He'll start at RB this evening.
  • I suppose it's a bit different if you're playing out of position against Hazard than it is against Dave the Sparky on a Sunday morning ;wink

Hang on - how do you know Sparky? Funnily enough I used to play him at RB.
  • Personally, I don't get why it's this difficult for him to adjust. [...] so I don't see why Antonio has gone from brilliant to abysmal. I'd except him to be slightly worse but not as bad as he has been.

It just seems to be an instinct he has to hang on to the ball and try to plough forwards, which he can't seem to control. I was watching him carefully in recent games, and he has made some great tackles. But just as I was about to say, I'll eat my hat, Slav, he dribbled into trouble or passed it across our box or into the middle of the pitch and lost possession. This is much more worrying than him charging up the pitch from RB, since in theory people can cover for that. Although that is still worrying, the amount of times he does it!

I too am a more attacking midfielder or even striker and have been asked to play left back. I just focus on defence and on tracking the oppo winger, and get forward once or twice in the game when there seems to be a need. But then I don't have Antonio's engine - if only...

So: agree he should be able to adapt, but seeing as how a) he still hasn't; and b) he's been our most productive wide player after/alongside Payet, it just seems poor management from Bilic. I said after the Domzale away game I hoped the one positive we would take from it would be that Bilic would have to stop the Antonio RB experiment. But he didn't. And a fine mess that's got us in. ;wink

• #freeantonio

With every four gallons ;biggrin

;yercoat
  • Discussion of signing new players moved to transfer thread, where there is a bunch of people desperate for a bit more speculation ;biggrin

• #freeantonio

With every four gallons ;biggrin

;yercoat
    For every four gallons my dad used to bring home heavy bottomed tumblers. And I`m not talking Hungarian gymnasts...................
  • Antonio on his teammates ;bowdown

• ;lol Good stuff.
  • ;lol Lanzini is nawty
  • I`ll have to look at the video at home as I have no sounds on this computer. Antonio has got to be my favourite player at the moment, in fact favourite player for quite some time. ;footie
  • Reminds me of the the good old days when a transfer window brought you an Antonio, Lanzini and Payet for not too much more than a Ayew and a Tore.
  • C&B. I`ll raise you the price of an Antonio, Lanzini and Payet for the price of a Zaza.
    Scary. ;scary
  • ;lol Lanzini is nawty

Nortei Nortey?
  • edited December 2016
    I thought he was a forward ;lol
  • A RB you say? ;hmm
  • ;lol

I'm thinking what are you doing NO NO

Oh

;yercoat
  • "Stunt" hahaha