Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

LocalGroundHopper and the inevitable off topicness

Hello everyone, first ever post,be gentle.
From the former BBC606 to this great site i`ve followed every post.
LGH,the Big Man,quickly became my favourite,probably because of his ability to rapidly defuse
threads that were turning user against user with his unique humour and Monty Pythonesque
madness.Whilst viewing the posts today i suddenly realised a lack of his posts for months.Is everything ok with him,i`m not a stalker by the way:),just a kind hearted soul like him and i miss his humour during long winded threads.

Much respect everyone

Comments

• Hello Bert

The last we heard from LGH he had a full time job, was very active with scouts and had 3 growing boys.

• Welcome aboard, no need to be shy, I too have noticed that LGH has pulled away from contributing to the forum which is a loss to us all.

I trust all is well and would like to think that he still checks in occasionally.
  • He's definitely missed. Has anyone heard from '64 as well? Last time I saw him post he was going through a tough time so hope he's ok.
  • I was wondering this recently. I hope he is ok.
  • Lgh and 64 ;hug ;hug
  • I miss Llama
  • I echo the comments above, hope they are both ok ;ok
  • edited June 2016
    lgh did pop in briefly back in May after we beat Man Utd 3-2.

Shame he isn't about anymore as he always added to the forum.

64 has always had spells of dipping in and out of the forum for long periods since it was formed.
  • Ham
    This is brilliant!.
    ;bowdown ;clap
  • The first time i met LGH was a few years ago when i saw him jogging in langdon hills.
    I went over and said to him "i'm lost,are you local"? it wasn't till i started laughing that he twigged.

Since then he has sat a few times right near me in the old west stand with woosie and they are both funny,knowledgeable and decent human beings.
  • edited June 2016
    Things are extremely busy at the Hippo Malarkey Hotel
  • Lgh and Dimi 64, wherever u both maybe , hope u are well, ur comments on here are missed by me... ;hug
  • Hi, All ;wave
    I have been asked to pass on best regards from Woosie, Lgh, Oldish, 64 and Wooden.
    They are all fine.
  • He probably feels that wearing colandars or lampshades during the close season may be seen as odd
  • ;clap good to hear this site is a little worse off without them but at lest im here ;biggrin
  • edited June 2016
    ;hmm

lgh or 64 are perfectly free to come on and give their own regards, or PM people if they prefer.

Seems a bit odd not to use the site, but then opt for 'pass it on'.
  • edited June 2016
    LGH - lovely bloke and never even met him

Off his rocker, absolutely.......but added much to this forum, plus I'm damn sure Grant Holt's career only went downhill because nobody made the LGH dream happen

64 is a loss as well, if ever I was undecided about a bet, and he'd done it, there you go leave it well alone ;lol

Oh and Bert, post more often......everyone is friendly on here and just ignore the Agree and CMU's.............it's rigged mate and I'm not 'avin it

;whistle
  • edited June 2016
    I'd probably agree with that Izzy, but I won't ;lol
  • edited June 2016
    I've given you an agree Izzy ;ok
  • counts as double on the database.

• edited June 2016
    Have one back Lukerzzz
  • edited June 2016

;hmm

lgh or 64 are perfectly free to come on and give their own regards, or PM people if they prefer.

Seems a bit odd not to use the site, but then opt for 'pass it on'.

Great point Grey ..................... ;thumbsup
  • LGH - lovely bloke and never even met him

Off his rocker, absolutely.......

;lol this.

(Another agree from me slizzy... )
  • I tried to give you an agree Slizzy but somehow Luke's agrees went up instead.
  • I tried to give you an agree Slizzy but somehow Luke's agrees went up instead.

No worries bud......

#Fix

;wink
  • Tsk

That pesky database.
  • ;wave LGH. Have very little time to contribute now, but still read this and other West Ham forums as much as I can. And like Bert above read for years without ever contributing at all. One poster always stood out for me, and that was LGH, with his unique take on things and his anarchic wit. Like the Beard above, I have never met him but I echo his sentiments........... Lovely Bloke. ;scarf ;llama
This discussion has been closed.