Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Please try to avoid quoting whole posts if you're just agreeing with them...

We introduced the 'cheered me up' and 'agree' buttons to try to minimise the quoting of whole posts just to agree with them, but it's started creeping back in.

As a courtesy to other users, especially those on mobile devices, please think before you quote a long post, especially if the only point is to agree with it.

If you are posting on a different page, or further down the page, and want to refer back to a post with a link

hover over the time stamp of the post

on mobile devices, press on the time stamp, and choose copy link URL

on desktops, right-click and Copy link location

then paste the link into your post.

(If Apple devices do things differently, could someone post the steps?)

Obviously, this isn't a ban, and for situations where you are responding to points made in posts, of course you are going to need to quote, but if you can avoid it where it isn't really needed, that would help other users.

Ta v muchly.

Comments

• If you are posting on a different page, or further down the page, and want to refer back to a post with a link
    ;ok

Or you can just preface your reply with the person's name you are responding to. That can work, too.
  • Sorry I was one of those earlier

;doh
  • We introduced the 'cheered me up' and 'agree' buttons to try to minimise the quoting of whole posts just to agree with them, but it's started creeping back in.

As a courtesy to other users, especially those on mobile devices, please think before you quote a long post, especially if the only point is to agree with it.

If you are posting on a different page, or further down the page, and want to refer back to a post with a link

Obviously, this isn't a ban, and for situations where you are responding to points made in posts, of course you are going to need to quote, but if you can avoid it where it isn't really needed, that would help other users.

Ta v muchly.

;ok

(can't believe no one has done this already!)
  • ;doh ;lol
  • You know I thought about it right ;biggrin
  • edited June 2016
    ;nonono

Say it ain't so.

;wink
  • edited June 2016
    Then you may both have one

;fishslap

;fishslap

;biggrin
  • Moojor said:

We introduced the 'cheered me up' and 'agree' buttons to try to minimise the quoting of whole posts just to agree with them, but it's started creeping back in.

Ta v muchly.

;ok

I agree.

;run
  • Can I quote you on that ;hmm

Moojor said:

Ta v muchly.

;ok

I agree.

;run