Academy and Development Squad Developments 2017-18

Comments

• When I said I couldn't find anything before, I meant there was nothing on Wikipedia ;ok

Hopefully he'll be MOTM every week from now til the end of the season, and come back into our squad for next season.
  • Cullen loan extended until end of season
  • Pike off to Cheltenham on loan until the end of the season.
  • Don't tell 'em your name.......
  • edited January 2017
    Wouldn't it be ;biggrin if he played with just a number on his shirt.
  • Browne sent on loan to Wigan

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/january/20-january/browne-joins-wigan-loan

Good to see if he can step up his competition but a little annoying he seems to be moving to a team low in confidence

Him and Martinez had such a good understanding might be worth seeing if Wigan will take him as well
  • All for letting our young prospects getting a loan away to help their development but why do we keep sending them to Wigan, they are one of the least popular teams we should be helping after the way they acted over Carlos Tevez!
  • ...why do we keep sending them to Wigan...

Have to agree Fortune that I'm slightly uneasy about our loaning relationship with Wigan (Reece Burke is there currently too). However I do also feel it's a 'nose to spite the face' situation, as I want our youngsters to be loaned out, play, and improve, and if Wigan are the only ones offering...
  • Kyle Knoyle (a LB) is there too.
  • Didn't know that MrsG ;ok .
    We must have some sort of agreement with them then?
  • I went last night (free for ST holders) and it was a really good night out: the standard of the teams was good, some nice goals+play and seeing the OS in a different/interesting way- a different area, smaller crowd, etc, etc than normal- I'm normally in 243 but last night was pitch side in 112.

Declan Rice was impeccable at CB and the best player out there, Josh Pask alongside him was good, though he needs to fill out his frame a bit. Makasi very tidy in CM. Knoyle had some really good moments at RB. Holland was exciting and linked up well with grady diangana who played the number 10 role. Overall it was good performance and they all did well on a much bigger pitch + occasion. ;thumbsup ;scarf ;thumbsup
  • Josh Cullen with another man of the match for Bradford ;clap

• Declan Rice was impeccable at CB and the best player out there, ;thumbsup

Just signed a new contract ;ok
  • edited March 2017
    U23s played last night, with starts for Fletcher, Masuaku + Fernandes. Drew 1-1 with Stoke's U23s. Fernandes got our goal.

Declan Rice gave away the pen from whch Stoke scored.

Hero to Zero ;lol ;doh
  • The Stoke U23 team were every bit as depressing as you'd imagine. From the off uber deep and defensive, not wanting to play.
  • Well they should play to the club philosophy so they can step up seamlessly into the 1st X! ;lol
  • ;nonono But surely Sparky Marky has made Stoke sexy?
  • Stoke, under any guise, could never be deemed as being sexy ;doh
  • Oxford's loan has been going well...
  • deehammer said:

Stoke, under any guise, could never be deemed as being sexy ;doh

-----Allen Afelley
    Arnautovic-Bojan-Shaqiri
    -------Bony

Tbf, that was kind of sexy, but Bojan has gone. I would have no problems watching that front 6 every week.
  • Bojan is out on loan and Bony is poor.
  • A Ferrari that is asked to pull a hay cart....
  • Oxford's loan has been going well...

;ok IMO it's been a complete waste of what could have been a real learning / playing opportunity in a tough league....
    Wonder if we can recall him, I'd sooner he be around our own squad if he's never gonna play or on make subs bench for them..
  • Maybe we should be asking why he is not making the team.

That's Arseanl game he looked like another Rio.

Does he suffer from boofs are too big syndrome....
  • Reece Oxford came on in the 73rd minute today ;wahoo
  • Thing is if he can't get into Rangers team then he's not gonna be good enough for the EPL is he
  • He's at Reading, Champo

But your point stands. I'm surprised he's not played more, TBH