Academy and Development Squad Developments 2017-18

Comments

• You mean there is an actual plan ;nonono

;biggrin imagine

• PASK JOINS GILLS

West Ham defender Josh Pask, 18, has agreed a season-long loan deal with League One side Gillingham.

Pask had a loan spell with Dagenham and Redbridge last season and captained the Hammers’ Development Squad on a number of occasions in pre-season.

• ;ok I notice there's a recall clause.
  • I've just seen that the development squad's match against Northampton has been switched to Sixfields because of the terms of the tenancy agreement. I guess it would have been rather expensive to add the fixture for a small turnout.
  • No one is speaking to him so he doesn't know...... ;yercoat
  • Yes Herbie. Just yes ;clap
  • Don't encourage him. ;lol
  • Oh, by the way he's loaned until Jan 12th
  • Josh Cullen got man of the match today in Bradfords 1-0 win at Peterborough ;clap
  • Too good for league one IMO ;ok
  • Well done young Joshua! ;scarf

(Is he Joshua?)

So lets see if a Champo team comes in for him in the January window then, Twist. That will be the measure of how good he is, imo ;ok
  • Rather see him playing regularly in L1 than dusting the bench of a Champo side.
  • Mrs G ;ok I was disappointed to see him go out on loan at all, let alone league one. He was our best player vs Juventus (IMO)

Would have used him in the Europa league and cup comps as a minimum
  • But the Juve game was just a slow paced pre season friendly. He did ok but never under pressure.
  • Good to see hear one of their fans...

Josh Cullen is just ridiculous, far too good a player for League One, get in city #bcafc
  • West Ham loanee Josh Cullen was named 'Man Of The Match' today as Bradford City beat Peterborough 1-0.
  • https://londonbantams.com/2016/08/13/4-peterborough-match-report/

Cullen – 9

Quite simply, a class above the rest of the pitch. Whether it’s his ability to unwind himself from the most knotted situations while keeping possession, knack for nicking the ball off a forward’s toe amidst a menacing attack, or Messi-like dribbles into the box, every single contribution is delivered with sheer quality. Signs of any ‘slight knock’ were non-existent. I have no doubt that Cullen’s presence propels the levels of our side to another level. All I can say is bravo, bravo and bravo again to our backroom staff for pulling off this coup.
  • Cheers, eski ;ok

#bantamwatch
  • Quality little player

Should probably be in the championship at the moment but it can also be good him bing a star as he can get used to being double teamed and targeted by the opposition as he's a real danger man and it'll aid his development
  • Champo

;ok

Much better being somewhere he is seen as a first choice player, imo.
  • Cullen / Samuelson need to be in the Champo but the problem is even the money is starting to filter down to Champo teams. A lot of Champo teams don't need to take a risk with a youngster or simply raise another teams youngsters. When you look at the Champo there is probably only about 7 or 8 clubs who might take a punt on a youngster from the PL. The rest probably look to their own academy's or have first 11s where a youngster wouldn't get game time.
  • Liam Manning - Dev squad coach. Is that a new thing?
  • Josh Cullen got man of the match today in Bradfords 1-0 win at Peterborough ;clap

2 games. 2 man of the match awards. 1 goal ;clap
  • Mrs G, I saw that too. Its not Terry Westley anymore?
  • Terry Westley is Academy Director not Development Squad coach.
  • Josh Cullen is now 20 and in my opinion should be at West Ham getting first team minutes. That's what would have been the case had he been at, say Southampton. On the basis of our midfield showing on Monday he certainly wouldn't be out of his depth. Furthermore we will be depleted in Jan due to ACON. I do hope the club's strategy is for him to be back and ready to play in West ham's first team in Jan.
  • Well his and all other loans are for 5 months so they can reassess prior to ACON. He scored again yesterday ;wahoo