Dukes and Duds - Name 6 Top Performers and 2 Duds in the Squad

IMHO we currently have 6 top drawer and high performance players - the Dukes - in the side (when fit) with the rest of the squad generally better than average and we have maybe two underperformers - the Duds.

SO name the 6 (or more) top drawers and the 2 duds (or more) as an exercise, not counting the youth squad / Academy.

I am going for:

Dukes: Payet, Kouyate, Antonio, Noble, Oggy, Adrian.
Duds: Moses, Song

Comments

• I don't see Moses as a Dud.
  • Dud does seem a little harsh. Moses hasn't been great, but he has contributed in a couple of games. I probably wouldn't want him permanently but I don't like calling him a dud.

Same with Song, he's steadied the ship in a few games, and while I'll admit he's been wasteful in others, he's done a job for us.

I don't think we have any duds right now.
  • Bo, Luke, Daisy and Uncle Jesse are the only four I can name at the moment. I don't think Eden was ever a Duke in Hazzard County.

Or should I be posting this comment in the TV And Films thread instead?
  • For me, the duds are Song and Jenkinson, who have both majorly disappointed me after being so good last year.

For the stand outs it's really hard to pick just six, but Collins, Noble, Payet, Antonio, Cresswell & Kouyate
  • Reid still a stand out player for me, just very unlucky with injuries
  • Adrian, Reid, Cresswell, Noble, Payet, Sakho

Valencia, Carroll
  • reid, ogbonna cresswell kouyate lanzini noble payet. damn that's 7 but cant get rid of any.

Duds: Valencia, moses (athough they aren't duds atall really, unbelievable how strong our squad is that I like everyone!)
  • I'm gonna go for:
    Payet
    Kouyate
    Noble
    Ogbonna
    Reid (despite his injuries)
    Adrian

Think that Antonio and Lanzini arent really far off but would prefer to judge em after more than 1 season in a top tier league.

Cresswell likewise but don't think he's quite hit the heights of his first season but he has the potential to be top top drawer.

Going by form collins probably deserves to be in this category along with Tomkins but if I'm being 100% honest think both have been performing well above themselves so miss out although love both

Sakho is a class striker but is injury prone (and probanly doesnt bag enough goals himself if we are ginna be critical) and Carroll is the only person in our squad besides Payet who can actually be "unpalyable" but again too injury prone and doesn't have those unplayable games enough

Hmmmm duds........ hard to choose but Jenkinson, Jelavic &Zarate would've been mine if all hadn't left......
    maybe Moses and valencia. I like valencia and Moses early season form, but I think you can count the number of good games both have on 1 hand. They both have a goal in them but they flatter to deceive and Valencia was a lot of money and Moses is a very very expensive loan, so yea probably them
  • edited March 2016
    I love it that duds is hard to answer. We would have been overflowing with suggestions just a couple of years ago ;clap ;pray ;cool
  • edited March 2016
    We would have needed to open a whole new forum ;puzzled