Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Transfer Spec / Reviews* (*may contain wittering **or nuts)

The thread to keep things ticking over to the next window..

#bidness

;cool

Comments

• Available on a free in the summer...

• AUSTIN REGRET

West Ham owner David Sullivan said he would have tried to buy Charlie Austin if he’d known he was worth £4million.

The former QPR striker joined Southampton last month and notched on his debut in the 1-0 win over Southampton.

Sullivan said: “Contrary to reports, he is a player I have always greatly admired and his climb through the divisions is inspiring.

“I once said at £12million he was a gamble, with his injury record. However, if his financial demands are reasonable, Southampton have got fantastic value at £4m.”

• Sully

Let it rest, I think you've probably shared enough of your thoughts on CA
  • Injured again, you say? ;hmm
  • Austin missed the Arsenal game with 'a knock'.

Also, hadn't seen this:
    'I set out at the start [of the season] and I said to Les [Ferdinand] that I'm going to be here for the rest of the season,' Austin told Sky Sports. 'So I'm not going anywhere.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3361759/Charlie-Austin-m-going-January-ll-QPR-rest-season.html
  • Re Chaz

For me I think it came down to him believing he may have an outside chance of making the Euro’s.

And the mess of a season QPR are having with even the play offs looking unlikely.

• And the mess of a season QPR are having with even the play offs looking unlikely.

Fixed it for you ;ok
  • Have a hug.

• Right

So(w)

As it stands transfer plans for the summer.

- Make Lanzini (lettuce) move perm.
    - Decision to be made on Song, if not purchased look for replacement CM.
    - Striker, potentially Slim Shady depending on how he performs up until the end of the season.
  • With Jenks crocked, but at least replaced by Byram l still think we may need another right back, else we'll be right back in the same boat as we were before signing Byram.
  • ;ok

I would assume JOB will leave.

But is the English Cafu (Tomkins) adequate cover? Should he be first choice after last night? ;hmm
  • What if we need him at CB ;hmm
  • Striker / CM / Winger and Lanzini.

Think Hendrie could do a job dont see the point in writing him off just yet. Promote a youth to back up RB.

Replace any departures.
  • Tore seems to be the one we're most linked to, so maybe he comes in on the wing to replace Moses.

I think SB really wants Song so I can see that one happening so we'll probably have enough with him, Noble, Kouyate and Obiang (plus Cullen as back up).

RB still required for me. Byram first choice but as solid as Tomkins has been, he's not a natural full back and we need proper cover. Terry Westley did reference Kyle Knoyle in his piece on the OS the other day, so maybe he'll ne promoted to the first team squad.

And then there's the marquee striker...
  • Forgot about Dre.. Moses - send him back, get in a new winger.

And Ade of course
  • I know we are after a marquee marksman, however does anyone else think we should also be in for someone like moussa dembele at Fulham?? You just know that if Spurs were to buy him he would be an instant hit, banging in goals left right and centre

Obviously it would mean one of AC or sakho leaving, probably the former, however not hear guys are too fragile.
  • Isn't moussa out if contract in the summer?

Worth going for I guess if Lee looks like his WH career is over we haven't really got a obvious striker candidate to come through. Dembele is a talent and is only 20 so could loan him out for a season or 2 so we don't have to get rid of players

But yea tore seems like it's done think it's a fantastic buy and depending in outgoings e.g. valencia maybe another winger or promote young Samuelson

Striker is the big one with a big gun outgoing either one of Carroll or Sakho as Bilic likes 1 up top so can't have 3 first choice strikers

CM isn't a huge one for me, maybe if Song goes and deffo if obiang is unsettled bit with Cullen and Oxford as well as Poyet on loan we should be ok

RB cover needed with JOB and Jenko gone and LB cover as the club obviously don't trust Hendrie atm

CB and GK are sound

So without outgoings we need
    Striker
    Tore
    RB
    LB

If we lose a couple players maybe
    Winger
    CM

We've got a strong squad so let's go for quality instead of quantity next window
  • Zarate just scored a worldy in the last minute to win the game for fiorentina...

#baller
  • Well thats 29m well spent Newc ;doh
  • Wonder why they didn't buy a decent CB and LB?
  • Zarate just scored a worldy in the last minute to win the game for fiorentina...

#baller

• I think he's probably benefitted from playing in the PL - I like Mauro ;ok
  • I think one or two on here would be disappointed that he didn't pass to the No10 running into the box

#justsayin
  • Herb

That's a bit unfair.

• I think it all depends on the outcome. He scored a great goal and everybody
    says what a great goal. If he missed everybody would have said he was greedy
    and should have passed the ball to the No.10
This discussion has been closed.