Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Transfer Deadline Day 01/02/16

Comments

• I hope you have the yellow tie on today Ravster ;wave
  • Jack says we are done, no business today from us. Spoil sport
  • MORRISON TO SWANSEA?

Ravel Morrison could be heading for the exit door at Lazio today, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

The English midfielder is being linked with a potential last minute move to Swansea.
  • Stoke and Spurs are after that Batshuayi, who is meant to be our top £20m target in the summer.

Can't help but feel a little disappointed that after such a good start and a genuine chance of going far in the cup and finishing top 6, that the owners have not gone for a couple more players.
  • But Lukerz we have managed that while carrying a number of injuries to 'important' players. As it stands the full squad is now back in training with Tomkins, Lanzini and Sahko not available until the coming weekend.
    We are stronger now than at any other time this season imo.
  • edited February 2016
    ;ok

Just fearful that the same happened last season. We rested on our laurels and fell away. The league will not be this unpredictable and open next season. We have a great opportunity this season and you still can't rule out top four (although I don't see that happening). The big boys will spend in the summer and see to that, so we could be back down to mid-table.
  • he big boys will spend in the summer
    As will we.

What clubs do in the Jan window is never a reflection of what they will or wont do in the summer.
  • Newcastle United have made a £21m bid to sign striker Saido Berahino from fellow Premier League club West Brom.

Although Spurs have put in a - much lower - bid and it was the Spurs interest in the player in the summer which sparked his terrible behavior.

Can't help but feel a little disappointed that after such a good start and a genuine chance of going far in the cup and finishing top 6, that the owners have not gone for a couple more players.
    We'll be given the old 'FFP' nonsense.

I'm disappointed we sold Zarate and not replaced him.

Should mean Carroll and Sakho are well ahead of schedule and more or less fit?
  • Since the summer we've let Amalfitano, Jarvis, Zarate and Jelavic (almost) go.

We've lost Jenks for the rest of the season.

We've signed Byran and Emenike.

• I'm disappointed we sold Zarate and not replaced him.

I'm not. Let's see how he gets on where he is now.
  • Amalfitano & Jarvis - cleary not part of the SB master plan.
    Zarate - tried and not liked by SB.
    Jelavic - 4th choice to be replaced by the new guy.

Byram - long term replacement for a loaned RB.

Smashing ;ok

This is excellent work.

I've almost forgotten the Adebayor stuff.

• I'm disappointed we sold Zarate and not replaced him.

I'm not. Let's see how he gets on where he is now.
    4 goals this season...
    Playing left wing
  • Since the summer we've let Amalfitano, Jarvis, Zarate and Jelavic (almost) go.

We've lost Jenks for the rest of the season.

We've signed Byran and Emenike.

To paraphrase: -
    We've lost Jenks and Zarate

We've signed Byran and Emenike ;ok
  • Yeah that's about the size of it IH. ;biggrin
  • edited February 2016
    Herb - maybe.

I'm still frustrated.

If people believe we will keep players like Payet at this football club beyond the next year without European football then they're sadly mistaken, IMO. Top players want European football.

We are brilliantly placed for a second half of the season assault on the top four, which may see us settle for a Europa League place as consolation. Or we could fall away and finish 10th-8th.

That's how this club progresses, not by moving to a shiny stadium. Finishing as high as possible and that requires a bit of extra £'s being spent.

This season is a one off. Leicester will not be top this time next year, Chelsea will not be closer to relegation than the title.

The season is going great, but we've missed a trick, IMO. We've signed a RB the manager doesn't feel is ready and a forward on loan who many are ;hmm about.

Wasted opportunity. But just my view mind.
  • edited February 2016
    ;bowdown

(Loving the retro phone. ;wahoo )
  • One big frustration for me is Sully not being able to help himself and to start speculating about Charlie austin's ligaments last summer. Had he not done so, and we'd matched Southampton's bid, I'm sure he would have come to us
  • If SB wanted him. Which given what Sully said is a huge if.
  • Sadly nothing to report so far........

That Ink dried on the Adebayor deal yet ;hmm
  • edited February 2016
    baracks ;ok

And I don't get the "we have Sakho and Carroll back soon" argument.

For me, they're almost not squad members, given the amount of games missed between the two in the last 18 months. And even when Sakho was fit this season, he's mustered less goals than Zarate.

And Enner is a loose shoelace away from a 6 week layoff.
  • edited February 2016
    So do you want to sell them, Luke? ;hmm

(Remembering that we can only have a squad of 25)
  • I'm amazed some people are still digging out the DD's for perceived failings in the transfer market.

Both they and Slav made it clear that there wasn't any great interest in doing business this January.
  • not that upset with the window they dont usually back the manager in the january window
  • I think that last January, the owners somewhat left their manager high and dry. Not so this time round by any stretch of the imagination (mainly because of the work done in the summer). Most people would want more (me included) but I think the owners have more than given their manager the tools to deliver a very good league position this year, and thereby a platform to kick on further next year.
  • I'm mostly happy with the window. I think Byram for Jenks is an improvement and while I have my doubts I hope Emenike is an upgrade on Jelavic purely because of his pace and strength.

My one gripe, and it's minor don't get me wrong, I think we could do with one more 'playmaker' option in the squad to change things up when it's not going our way. A wildcard option. That's why I wanted Zarate to stay. If it was my choice I would bring in one AM that prefers to play centrally.

And before someone says it, yes I would like to see Samuelson as the back up for that position, but he's not here, he's on loan. So we still need that option for the next 4/5 months.

On the striker front. It will be interesting if the rumours of Spurs, Newcastle and Stoke bidding for Batshuayi today are true. If we really wanted him in the summer, could our hand be forced today?
This discussion has been closed.