Emenike signing confirmed by young Jack

This discussion was created from comments split from: Jan 16 Transfer Window, speculation & how it differs from others..

Comments

• Jack tweeted

EMENEKE loan is complete for the rest of the season... At last! #coyi
  • Little jack confirmed
  • Can play Tues then.
  • Rumour is we have to sign him if he plays 10 games.
  • I would rather it be we have to sign him if he scores ten goals. ;biggrin
  • I hope that rumour is not true. Why would we sign someone on,oan with an incentive to not play him as it compromises our summer budget decisions should we do so. It's one thing having an add on of £100k if he reaches 10 games or £200k if he scores 10 goals but to pay 8m if he simply plays 10 times due to injuries is crazy talk. We are not that silly surely?
  • edited January 2016
    http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/January/31-January/Hammers-land-Super-Eagle-Emenike

On club site now.

Terms described as 'on loan until end of season, option to buy in the summer'.
  • ;cool

He better not make me look stupid now.
  • His interview doesn't fill me with joy.

Let's see how he does on the pitch.
  • edited January 2016
    Suz, new media team complaint for SAB. Can they learn how to mix audio on a video? Got interviewer blasting out of one speaker and Emenike out the other.

I see what you mean though. He sounds *super* passionate.
  • It sounded ok to me, apart from the monosyllabic answers he gave.

There will be changes to that but if the website though.
  • Outcast, it's so you feel like you're sitting between them ;wink
  • Why no mention of a work permit?
  • Also, I wish him well and hope he does a job for us, but I'm going to go on record saying I think this is a bad signing. Hope I'm proved wrong.
  • I am uninspired. But prepared to be deeply impressed. Good luck fella.
  • edited January 2016
    ;ok
  • Also, I wish him well and hope he does a job for us, but I'm going to go on record saying I think this is a bad signing. Hope I'm proved wrong.

Same here Eski ;ok

Not convinced but I'll give him a chance. (Because I'm kind like that....)
  • I think it is unfair of the club to sit him down in front of a microphone and camera and ask him questions about the club when he probably doesn't really know anything about us.
  • If he tanks, he won't be the first.

Like all signings, I'll back him and hope he works out.

It's fantastic for us to be in a position where it doesn't really matter if it doesn't work out.
  • We are not that silly surely?

Do you really have to ask that question?

• We are not that silly Sully surely?

Fixed it for ya! ;ok

• I think it is unfair of the club to sit him down in front of a microphone and camera and ask him questions about the club when he probably doesn't really know anything about us.

;ok A lot of closed questions and seemed he didn't understand some of the phrasing properly. It doesn't look so bad in text, just the way he sounded.

At least he didn't say "I don't know much about the club but I'll google them tonight"
  • I thought the interviewer was poor and did not help him to communicate what he brings to the club. Probably done too soon - it could have been done after he has met the team and seen more of the club.
  • I assume he won't be given the No10 shirt.

Get the feeling that will be reserved for Lanzini next season, with Payet No7
  • Two things going for it:

1) Outcast's a fan

2) Bilic wanted him

So we go with that for now.
  • The interview was a bit drab, but that is to expected considering where he has applied his trade...don't think West Ham would feature heavily in the Turkish or Arabian press.

But lets not take anything away from him, lets wait to see how he performs on the pitch.

Good Luck Emenike and welcome to West Ham Utd.
  • So friend who's a Fener fan: "He is realy fast, strong but stupid. Kinda skillful"
  • Welcome to WFUFC, Emineke. Good luck and hope you settle in quickly
    coyi
  • Two things going for it:

1) Outcast's a fan

2) Bilic wanted him

So we go with that for now.

You missed one....

3) The beard called it and is happy with it.

;ok