Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Nolan new Orient Manager

Will be announced in the next 24 hours.

Wish him all the best - one of my favourite West Ham players of the last decade.

Comments

• Good luck KN would not be surprised if couple of ;scarf gonon loan ;ok
  • Good Luck, Nobby ;thumbsup

Was a good servant to the club. Goalscorer of the year, twice. Always grateful for his contribution, which reached through all areas of the club, it seems.

The club owes him a debt of gratitude, and I hope he gets a good reception when he returns for Nobes' testimonial.
  • Good luck to him ;ok

Think he will be a very good manager ;ok
  • Good luck Nolan...

I wonder what style of play he will adopt...HOOF at the Orient?

Imagine the Headline - Carroll links up with Nolan at the Orient!

;lol

• ;bowdown

#WillNeverForget
  • One of the least gifted players ever at West Ham. But good luck as a manager.
  • I am not sure it's the right time as I think for his first role the close season and being able to shape something is essential for a new manager. I think you tend not get too many chances (unless you are Stuart Pearce), and if it goes not too well he may find it hard to get another bite at getting peoples attention in the way his name does originally.

Do clubs have player managers anymore? if so he could do a serious job for Orient, as although his Premiership days are gone and it's questionable if he would have much to spare in the championship, at league two he would be a class apart.

Good luck and now that Barry Hearn is gone I can start hoping for the best for Orient again. Actually I think we should let Kev ground share with us next season.
  • A great player, a fantastic team captain - and he has the makings of a very good manager. I wish him the best of luck!
  • A great player, a fantastic team captain - and he has the makings of a very good manager. I wish him the best of luck!

Well said ;clap
  • Wonder if he will pick someone to sit on the keeper at corners, for some reason that tactic never sat well with me.

Good luck to him and yes I will start looking out for their results once more
  • Good luck Kevin. I hope he does well ;clap

Should be some fireworks with him and the gobby owner ;ok
  • Good luck Kevin ;ok
  • Yes indeed good luck kevin!!!
    Gave westham very good service as player and captain, we had unity in team when we were in turmoil. ;ok
  • edited January 2016
    Just confirmed on BBC Sport

Kevin Nolan: Leyton Orient appoint midfielder as player-manager
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35370534
  • One of the least gifted players ever at West Ham.
    Strange comment given

a) his ability

b) the number of absolutely hopeless players we have had over the years.
  • Yeah, even if you don't like him there was always K***c and Q*****e.
  • Mullins and Dailly top my list. Grey, I never saw huge amounts of ability. Commitment yes, but ability/skill .....
  • puddleglum

Guess it depends on how you measure skill.

If you mean Cruyff-turning baller skills, Nolan probably wasn't blessed with those, but as for ability, I don't think you get to play as long as he did at the top level without that.

He can't have been lucky with all those goals he scored, can he?
  • edited January 2016
    Nolan had that thing commentators always mention: a footballing brain. His technique and skills were pretty average, I think, but he was very intelligent about where passes should go and where he should be. I wouldn't be surprised if that makes him a good manager.
  • No he can Grey, every single day of his career was just luck, luck and more luck.

;wink
  • edited January 2016
    Saw a comment on Twitter that made me ;lol

Kevin Nolan's first move as Leyton Orient manager will be to sign Sam Allardyce.
  • Oh hang on I thought he was nailed on to end up at Sunderland......what happened there!
  • Takes a brave man to make bold predictions, even for fear of getting them wrong. ;whistle ;wink
  • edited January 2016
    Correct......

However it takes an ever braver man to believe everything you read on twitter Lol

Reid

Collins

;wink
  • Oh hang on I thought he was nailed on to end up at Sunderland......what happened there!

Rejected them didn't he?
  • Will keep an eye out for Kev.

Surprised nobody wanted him? Even someone like Villa or QPR or another Champo club?

Maybe just confirms his influence on games has now gone?
  • "I've started at the bottom now I'm here"

Good to start where he is, sensible imo
  • Good luck Kevin ...
    I just think he might struggle at Leyton Orient...
    Either way it's happy days for him & I hope he does do well

;ok
  • well imo for what nolan did for us i wish him well in whatever he does a good servant for us and took a step down to join us