The Mark Noble Thread

Comments

• It's not that I don't think he's good, it's just that we have a 23 year old on the books who imo has not put a single thing wrong in the games I've seen of him and would like to see more of him

Chat about him being unhappy with lack of first team football etc and don't blame him he was one of series As best central midfielders last year and has a lot of potential

I think Noble comes to life when we've already got back into the match, not when we are struggling and need the captain to stand up and take control
  • Luke, you're probably right! Let's go chat to the toon! Which forum was that on?
  • I just like Mark Noble. He is a quality player. Honest, tries, works hard, bit of a character and has grown into the Skippers role. And I think his team mates love him ;ok
  • If his testimonial line up is anything to go by, everyone who has played with him loves him.

I love him like a mother loves a son.
  • I love him as well.....

But he was dreadful especially in the first half on Saturday (the others weren't much better)
  • I agree with you slaven_ beard, the whole team was poor 1st half on sat. And this includes SB for the formation as well.
    I like Noble as our club captain. He performs his duties ( media, marketing) and on the pitch admirably. I believe we have a strong enough squad for SB to rotate it around ( especially in midfield). All the top clubs rotate, to keep players fresh, and so must we, its not about being dropped, its about rotating, We aspire to play in europe, players will have to get used to it.
    I think Noble is a vital cog in the team, but should not be exempt from being on the bench.
  • I would say that only Adrian and Tomkins came out of the first half (game) without too much criticism, could've been five without our Spanish bottle of beer.

I like Noble, gives 100% for the cause, bleeds claret and blue, BUT he's not worthy of a starting place all the time and quite frankly could end up in a similar situation as Nolan did with the unmentionable one.

I just really hope "being captain" and the face of WHU doesn't cloud SB's thinking every now and then. For Mark's good as much as the teams.
  • I think it's unlikely that SB is overly sentimental. MN's place is in as much jeopardy as any of the players.

• Nobes place is not in jeopardy. It's that simple.
  • Well it should be, to a point after that 45 mins
  • And Reid wasn't signing......

And Collins was off.....

;wink
  • Wikipedia is always right.

Capture
  • Are you sure Lukerz hasn't been on there doing a bit of editing? ;biggrin
  • from the crab weekly
  • Apparently Mark Noble is on the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.

As long as he doesn`t have to lead as he is far more comfortable moving sideways and backwards.
  • Madcap, so pleased the most recent comment is about Noble passing sideways and backwards, just going to leave this here (from Squawka).

Mark Noble, in the English Barclays Premier League, has scored two goals this season, creating 28 chances and three assists. Mark Noble has completed 978 passes this season with a pass accuracy of 86%, of which 75% were forward passes.
  • As I said, shame if people can't quite see what he offers.
  • Saw it last night.

2nd half.

But it isn't like that every game. (Also while we'd want it to be, that's a high expectation)
  • I think it's like that more often than people realise.
  • I think last night was Nobles best half of the season. he was driving forward, making things happen and on the edge of the box, plus the assist.

I think we see that a few times a season, not most of the season.
  • He's has played well recently particularly Liverpool and Villa at home but so many of his passes are short to the full back out wide who then passes it back to him as he has nowhere to go, then Nobes passes it back to the CB. So a lot of successful passes that achieve nothing. He does better things than that but the above dominates a lot of his possession.
  • Ironherb .......................

Madcap, so pleased the most recent comment is about Noble passing sideways and backwards, just going to leave this here (from Squawka).

Mark Noble, in the English Barclays Premier League, has scored two goals this season, creating 28 chances and three assists. Mark Noble has completed 978 passes this season with a pass accuracy of 86%, of which 75% were forward passes.

• Yeah but a lot of those forward passes are non productive imo, as I described.
  • What is the point of posting stats - just watch the game and form an opinion.
    I am one of Noble's biggest critics for all the reasons that have been mentioned before, sideways, backwards passing, dallying/dithering on the ball and losing it in defensively dangerous positions etc. but last night he was brilliant (although I only saw the second half).
    Why was that - was it because Villa were down to 10 men and defending deep, was it because Song was playing and freeing him up a bit, was it because Ginge was pinging the ball around Beckham (ok, I'm exaggerating a little ;biggrin), Tomkins making runs down the wing and nutmegging people?
    Probably because the whole team started playing in a more concerted attacking way, maybe something Slav said, I don't know.
    But if he can repeat that performance week in week out I'll become his biggest fan.
    COYI ;ok
  • I'm incapable of forming an opinion. I need to fill this void by pointlessly posting stats that dare to contradict others views.
  • As I said, shame if people can't quite see what he offers.

Some people always desperate to get on his back. Find it weird tbh
  • ;ok

People continually state he passes sideways and backwards when the facts clearly state otherwise.
  • I would jump on the Noble is this important cog in the team when he does it for a whole game not just when we get to half time and all the players up their game.....he's the captain he should be leading by example on the pitch shouldn't have to wait for Bilic before anything gets done

He's obviously a good player but personally I think that Obiangs potential means he could surpass Noble and needs game time to fulfil that potential

These past few games he's really upped it but generally he is guilty of slowing things down and taking too many touches and has done it his entire career tbf