The Boleyn Arms - Fuzzy Thursday

Welcome to The Boleyn Arms - a West Ham United virtual public house, and a West Ham Institution.

Now in our new home on WHU 606, this is a pleasant hostelry is open for Hammers/Irons to discuss matters relating to football, West Ham United or anything else.

WUMs are barred from this establishment, although friendly fans of other clubs are welcome to come in and enjoy the claret and blue atmosphere.

Please do not deface the pictures of players past and present, that adorn the walls in this establishment (and that includes the one of Jimmy Neighbour, R.I.P.) As with the rest of this site, have fun but please avoid anything racist, sexist, homophobic and any comments that promote negative racial or cultural stereotypes, whether said in jest or not.

Please also bear in mind that users of all ages are on this forum. Therefore please refrain from any content of an adult nature or anything unsuitable for users of all ages.

So come in and join us, as we enjoy another Premier League season and our journey under Messrs. Gold, Sullivan Brady and Norman Wisdom continues onwards and back up where we belong!

In previous opening periods of this thread, originally established on BBC 606 by V8Iron under the title "Let's all sign up to this" on the 17th May 2007, we have now achieved postings totaling 139,539 (BBC 606 total) + 173,554 = 313,193 and counting.

On March 8th 2013 the 250,000 milestone was passed with a post by Woosie. Well done Woosie and all who have contributed to this Hammer's Institution since May 2007 - Well done guys!

On the weekend of 12th/13th April 2014 with the posting of the 35th comment The Boleyn Arms have passed our post total on BBC 606 well done guys V8 would be proud!

Now entering our eighth year, it gives me great pleasure to re-dedicate this plaque. To those who on BBC 606 defended this place through the deadly days of the Spring and Summer of 2007 .... their names will however live on here forever; though some are lost to us now:
VEight Iron
CockneySikh
Half-Egg Half-Biscuit
Espania Hammer
Schoffie
HammerDoc
Ironthru
Iirrrooonnnsss
Laurasupababe
AlanTaylors2nd
TexasHammer
ShakyDropalot
HorshamHammer
AndyDennis
Fireiron
L'Orealman
Trevsdeftheader
MNITF

In memory of absent friends ;poppy
Moorowasmagic
Hammerman69
Sledgehammer

Comments

• Morning all ;wave
  • Morning all ;wave
    Off to visit Central St Martins university today with Miss Wombat.
  • Flippen Floppen ! ;wave
  • ;wave ;coffee

Have fun, wombat ;thumbsup
  • ;wave Fu manchu
  • Central heating going on, 1st time this winter ;santa
  • #warmandfuzzy
  • edited December 2015
    ;wave Good evening everyone,just finished off my chicken & Mushroom pie with leeks,had afew chips and peas with it,staying in tonight,at least we have got some footy to watch on sky tonight,for those with sky ;wink ;biggrin Its alright Local can listen to the Archers on radio 4 ;lol ;hug
  • ;wave 64

;phew Knackered! End of a long hard working week!

Finished at 8pm. Poured a ;redwine and change into comfy clothes. A bit of post-work loose ends to sort out, and tidy away all books, folders etc.

Sort out the dinner, eat at 9pm. Clear the decks in the kitchen (leave the washing up 'til morning).

Settle down to watch 2nd half of Independence Day (great movie) with a few more ;redwine

Long weekend to look forward to ;wahoo

Life is good!

• got my hunters dinner tomorrow. I organise it every year for the locals in the village. Plenty of wild boar, pork, spetzli, etc etc. Except I'm a vegetarian and so will be eating a mushroom vol-au-vent ;doh
  • edited December 2015
    ;lol

I hope you have more than one, unless it is a very big one?

Vol-au-vent, that is.
  • You have freshly prepared wild boar, and you are a vegetarian? ;wahoo turn back to meat you know it makes sense.
  • Oh Squire Wombat, mon brave, one's ticket has arrived this morning ;thumbsup
  • Excellent news ;ok I have informed Mrs Wombat of my attendance, and have been told we are out that night at a Christmas soirée at the home of a Spud. I should therefore stick to fruit juice or vimto during my trip to the BL.
    I have, in return suggested that may not be possible, particularly if broadside or Guinness is available. Or pretty much anything that involves Brewers yeast, hops and water. I believe I may be spending the first Sunday after Stoke apologising for bad language/behaviour/ attitude and sitting on the naughty step with time to consider and think about what I have done.
  • ;lol wombat

How did Miss W enjoy her fact-finding mission?

My best friend's daughter did the same last year- she's at Camberwell now and having a lovely time, by all accounts.
  • Csm is fab, and an inspirational place ;ok miss W first choice is The Royal school of illustration, down on the Thames for a foundation year and then CSM, but it will depend on her portfolio. All good though and a lot of fun. ;biggrin
  • ;thumbsup and good luck to her!
  • ;biggrin her ambition is to become a penniless artist. She is on the right track.
    I would prefer it if she became a corporate lawyer bringing in 6 figures to keep me in metaxa during my declining years, but what the hell. She can draw and colour in without going over the edges and that has to be good.
  • Never mind, you can hang out in her Parisian garret, being louche.

Absinthe .. Metaxa .. not much difference ;ok
  • I was born to hang out in Paris being louche ;cool I did once try absinthe. I probably won't try it again. I fancy Pastis and a game of pétanque, whilst wearing a grin.
This discussion has been closed.