Dimi Payet; the Epilogue

Comments

• Thanks Lukerz ;ok
  • Oh ;doh

I did it too, didn't notice it had already been done.

Sorry image

I need more ;coffee
  • I am pleased the name of this thread has been changed, I had a heart attack this morning....
  • It is spreading. I have just struck at Asda Edinburgh

20160124_122948
  • Good work ;ok
  • Yesterday Lee Dixon was asked what Man City needed to do to improve

His answer was:"Sign Dimitri Payet"

I am just hoping that the lure of the shiny new stadium and the love of the fans, which he obviously delights in and really enjoys is enough to keep him with us next season.
  • Hopefully they can convince him that with us he gets a starring role. At City or another team, it won't go through him as much. He'll be in the position of (and in competition with) someone like David Silva who has brilliant spells but is not always noticed.

I think convincing him we'll sign more players to surround him will be key.
  • Hopefully his age might put some clubs off.
  • Isn't it rumoured that Silva is looking to go back to Spain this summer?
  • Payet seems like he loves the club already

And even if a big team wants him, we have him on a 5/6 year contract and no need of the money, why would we sell........

With our stadium we should be looking to be a big team in the next decade, the davids know this and know with payet we have a short term option to get to that level
  • Oh no. Already?

Are we already talking about loosing him to another club.

;weep
  • One thing I don't understand. How did he go for 12m? how at 28 has he not played for a big or wealthy European club of the likes of Barca, Madrid, Chels, City or PSG ? These clubs throw money at anything that looks decent.

Has he just found a new level due to suiting the premiership perhaps? I know of his assists record last season but surely if he was doing it in the style of this he would have had a queue forming.

I don't think it is too much of an over statement to say that I have never seen a more gifted player in a west ham shirt. He makes us a better team in the way Suaraz did Liverpool a couple of years back when they went close, the way Bale did Spurs before his transfer, he is one of only a small group of players who improve a team on their own. If Song regains his mojo and we get a forward of quality there would in truth be no discernibly better team that he could go to at present, as we are as good as anyone else now and I genuinely believe that. We have issues with depth of squad and so cannot cope with injuries too well, especially in attack, but when our first 11 is out I am not betting against us home or away against anyone in this league. Thank you Dimi.
  • claretandbluesky ;clap Perfect. ;ok
  • Payet meets Hagrid.

• This may be the first time in ages that I'm really not worried about a 'big' club big-footing our best player(s).

Where he would he go and be guaranteed a start?

Where would he go and be 'guaranteed' winning something?

What is the benefit to him of leaving us?

These are rhetorical questions, by the way...
  • I'm very worried.

I've never before bought a West Ham shirt with the name of a current player printed on it through fear that they would up and leave shortly thereafter. You can see where I'm going with this, yes? You can have a guess as to what I ordered yesterday perhaps?
  • whoever you support if you dont see the quality of payet positioning, brain, footwork, teamwork and the class of the guy you ll never know he is something ive not seen in a west ham shirt i cant imagine is worth as a sell on but imo 30 million wouldnt be enough, and if he was a bilic buy then hands up fantastic call
  • Garth Crooks: -

Payet was excellent against Manchester City, and is a throwback to all the ball players who have graced this great game and given the football fan hours of wonderful entertainment.

;clap
  • I think that any club wanting to get their hands on Payet in the summer would have to fork out at least three or four times what we paid. However, I dare say that would be risky. The fact that we managed to get a gem like him for 'only' 10 million seems to imply that so far he hadn't set the French league alight. What happens if this season is a one off? Who would pay 30-40 million for a one season wonder?

What fee would you see as acceptable if he were to leave? Be realistic, though. If Real Madrid were to offer 100 million pounds I'd snap their hands off but that simply isn't realistic. I'd be prepared to think about selling for anything beyond 45 million pounds.
  • Let's no talk about selling one of our best players, he's just walked through the door.

Selling Payet would be a mistake as we should build the team around him.

But just for the fun of joining in, no offer under £40m should be accepted.
  • edited January 2016
    Mind you, I don't want to sell him either, but there will always be cases in which the pull of the big club will be too big to resist.
    In Germany not even Dortmund can keep their players if Bayern Munich come calling. And Dortmund have won the league, cup and reached at least the semis of the Champions League several times in the past years.

What are the chances any of our players would turn down the chances of playing for ManU, Juventus, Barcelona or Real Madrid (perhaps we can convince them to give us 30 million for Jelavic)
  • I still don't understand how we got him...

Heady days for WH...
  • edited January 2016
    Would tumble down the league if we sold Payet. No matter how much you got for him.
    You cannot replace special players, they are special for a reason.

Bale - Spurs
    Suarez - Liverpool
  • Not doable, 64 ;lol
  • Dimi1964 said:

West ham without Payet is like me without a betting slip ;lol ;scarf coyi

Successful? ;lol
  • I made up my own new word!