Dimi Payet; the Epilogue

Comments

• ;bowdown

I would've loved it if Nobby had played Sat.

"James, a word please lad"
  • ;bowdown

I would've loved it if Nobby had played Sat.

"James, a word please lad"
    Actually Lukerzzz not sure it would've unfolded like that.....I mean, surely if Nobby was playing then Payet would've been on the bench. ;biggrin

#TheChickenDanceMessi
  • Nolan would have ended him. #owned
  • Am I missing something here?

When did Nolan ever tackle anyone?
  • We needed Billy Bonds out there on Saturday to protect Payet ... the way he protected Sir Trevor and Devo ...

Payet was systematically targeted by a rotation of Everton players, he had been singled out by Martinez as our play-maker and they made sure that he received "special treatment". That challenge was dangerous, but was not the first on him.

Yes, football is a contact sport, but a booking or two early on would have put the Everton players on notice. As it was, they got away with several attempted GBHs, and then crocked our midfield maestro.

A bit o Karma for McCarthy would be nice, but the best way would be to got up to Goodison and give them a major 5 -0 thrashing ...

I can dream.
  • Other teams will take note
  • On Payet's instagram he vows to come back fitter and stronger.
  • Am I missing something here?

When did Nolan ever tackle anyone?
    Twice.....

Both ended in red cards....

;ok

#HitMan
  • Nah, they were just petulant kicks.

#christmasofffornolan
  • We will really miss him, best player this year without a doubt.
  • Who Nolan?

I know, I'm in bits
  • Will be good to see how we shape up without him
    Are we a one man team or not??
  • I think with Payet out will show if we are a good team or not.

Slav has to mix it up now.
  • edited November 2015

GREY !!!!!

Izzy has 3 CMU's on a comment. I think we need a software upgrade pretty quick ;lol
  • For what it's worth - when asked about the McCarthy tackle, a spokesman from the FA basically said "no comment":

Dear Phil

Regrettably we are unable to respond to queries relating to individual decisions, partly due to the large volume of correspondence we receive, but also because only the referee can provide specific insight into their decision making process. As you will no doubt be aware, this isn’t something match officials make public.

We understand it can be perplexing when there appear to be inconsistencies amongst the officials’ decisions. Each official will have their own interpretation of an incident, and no two are ever identical.

Even where incidents look similar, the speed of the players may vary, and the referee may be in a different position with an altered viewing angle. However Professional Game Match Officials, (PGMOL) the body which employs all the referees, works hard to try and ensure a consistent approach where possible.

The performances of the Select Group Referees are reviewed in detail in a number of different ways, each with a view to improving their performance from week to week. Contrary to popular opinion, referees are under intense scrutiny from within the game and are appropriately criticized if it is felt that an incorrect decision has been made.

The referee’s technical performance in a match is reported on by an assessor. These reports focus on the referee’s control of the match, the way that he deals with key incidents as well as the way he communicates his decisions. Where necessary, they are shared with the referees on both a formal and informal basis. Match analysis tools, such as Pro Zone, are also used to evaluate official’s performance, using data and modelling of incidents. This also doubles as a further aid for training and development.

Whilst I cannot comment on the individual incidents you refer to, I hope the above helps to clarify how we are constantly trying to improve and maintain standards of refereeing. We work hard to maintain high standards of behaviour from across the game.

It is the nature of fluid, fasting moving sports that where a human element is involved, not all decisions will be called correctly. That said, it is also worth noting that in general terms the standard of decision making is very high. Around 95% of major decisions are called correctly in our games, a figure that increases still further for key decisions in the penalty areas.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We do appreciate the feedback we receive and make a point of sharing this with our colleagues at PGMOL.

Kind regards

Tommy
    Supporter Services

Sent: 09 November 2015 21:41
    To: General Info
    Subject: James McCarthy Tackle on Dimitri Payet

To: Mike Riley and the Referees' Panel

Re: James McCarthy Tackle on Dimitri Payet (West Ham United vs. Everton, Nov 7, 2015)

Can you please explain why this tackle - two footed, from behind, studs up, scissor action, no attempt to play the ball

- only warranted a Yellow card? Surely according to all the guidance we have seen, a rash and dangerous tackle like this should have been a a Red Card offence.

Looking forward to hearing your explanation.

Kind regards
  • It's worth a bit, and I didnt know most of this detail, so the ref will certainly know about the controversy and will certainly have looked at it again maybe knowing that he's obviously dodged one. That's enough for me tbh ;ok
  • The referee’s technical performance in a match is reported on by an assessor. These reports focus on the referee’s control of the match, the way that he deals with key incidents as well as the way he communicates his decisions. Where necessary, they are shared with the referees on both a formal and informal basis. Match analysis tools, such as Pro Zone, are also used to evaluate official’s performance, using data and modelling of incidents. This also doubles as a further aid for training and development.
    That is quite interesting, if that is actually done on every single match.
  • Peraces

It's the Echo (echo echo) - what else are they going to say?

I suspect the Newham Recorder has a different view...
  • You know it's a quality paper when they start off with an Ann Summers "tackle" "joke".
  • Fair point Grey- i think its weird logic Spurs player injures Everton player so its OK Everton player injures West Ham because Kevin Nolan who used to once play for West Ham once hurt an Everton player ;wahoo
  • I have a plan.... I read last week of Teddy Sheringham registering to play for the side he manages now. I think we register Dicksy again and let the papers make fun, he never even puts on a tracksuit until the return fixture with Everton and then suddenly appears. Imagine the linebackers who eye up their opponents in the NFL and you have the scene set. First time McCarthy gets the ball smash! and all that's left to do is cheer the stretcher.
  • Claret, the best thing about that would be Dicks wouldn't have to actually do anything. McCarthy wouldn't go within a hundreds yards to the ball.
    He would just be hiding behind the ref the whole time.
  • http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/November/16-November/Payet-and-Valencia-injury-boost

Confirmed doesn't need an operation ;phew

Still out for 3 months though. ;weep
  • ;weep Mostly because we don't get to watch him for three months and that was one of the real joys of this season.
  • Outcast I would give you 50 agrees for that if I could.
    He has been fantastic entertainment never mind anything else!! ;ok ;ok ;ok ;ok ;ok
  • Karma.

- McCarthy goes off injured
    - Everton fans celebrate winner by running on the pitch ;doh as a result the ref adds on extratime.
    - Ex hammer Stanislas gets the equaliser in 98th min

;clap
  • Twist, pity he didn't go off injured three weeks ago grrrrrrrrrr! ;angry