Dimi Payet; the Epilogue

Comments

• I wish no injury on any player. However, McCarthy should be retrospectively punished. I know this will not happen as the ref saw the incident, but this does not mean that he or Everton should get away with such a poor tackle.

• Isn't it horrible feeling that way (I'll be honest, I don't want to, but I've thought that about McCarthy since the weekend). Perhaps not snapping a leg, but certainly an injury that completely takes the wind out of his sails and puts him in some kind of rehab for 3 months

#AnEyeForAnEye
  • No. tbh that sort of thinking (eye for an eye) is anathema to me.

• So Mrs G if McCarthy makes a similar tackle on someone in their next game but comes off worst and is injured putting him out for a few weeks you wouldn't think it was some kind of justice. I know I would.
  • edited November 2015
    No, I wouldn't.

I'd call it a consequence of reckless behaviour, I think.
  • If indeed he is himself injured making a similar tackle in the next game then yes I would agree there would be an element of justice or karma involved, however, that does not mean that I am comfortable wishing it upon him.
  • I'm not saying I would wish it upon him but I would not feel sorry for him and see it as a case of reap what you sow.
  • What I will be wishing for, is for us to play them off the park the next time we face them, I fear that I might go all Kevin Keegan over the prospect ;wink
  • I wouldn't wish him an injury to be honest. I mean, what's the point? It's not going to reverse Payet's injury or turn our single point last Saturday into 3.
  • edited November 2015
    No. tbh that sort of thinking (eye for an eye) is anathema to me.

That's fair enough.

Interestingly Preston's original comment of "snapping his leg" received support. Which in my opinion is way over "an eye for an eye".

However my watered down type of scenario and subsequent "#" was picked up by yourself.

• I wouldn't wish him an injury to be honest. I mean, what's the point? It's not going to reverse Payet's injury or turn our single point last Saturday into 3.
    I just wish he hadn't done it in the first place.

However, now we can't rewind that, I hope that he doesn't put other players at risk with that kind of challenge.
  • Ideally we leave Goodison with 3 points in March with Payet getting the MOTM award and as they're going down the tunnel, Ginge pins McCarthy up against the wall and tells him in no uncertain terms....."Firstly, apologise for what you did, secondly never tackle any player like that again".

;ok
  • edited November 2015
    On the topic of injured players has anyone else noticed that Kieron Dyer is soon to be entering the I'm a celebrity jungle? I'm betting that he will suffer some sort of mischief whilst parachuting in, and will be the first ever contestant to not actually make it to the camp itself.
  • <

However my watered down type of scenario and subsequent "#" was picked up by yourself.

Not agreed with though ;wink

I read (of course I did) your comment, and picked up on the # in fact, only to disagree with it, in effect, in my subsequent comment.

(I always read what you write. ;biggrin )
  • I just hope Everton have an exceptionally bad season now and get relegated.
  • #businessasusual
  • Maybe wanting his leg snapped was a bit over the top but I was incensed by the tackle at the time, I was still incensed the next morning, I was even more incensed by what some of those Everton fans has said, I was still incensed this morning at work to the point was talking aloud to myself and I am still incensed now.
  • I just hope Everton have an exceptionally bad season now and get relegated.
    I have wanted them to go down for many seasons - I find them mediocre and boring. I'm hoping Roberto weaves his magic some time soon and sends them through the trap door.
  • edited November 2015
    Now the neighbours are trying to reenact the Battle of the Somme outside my window ;angry
  • edited November 2015
    Now the neighbours are trying to reenact the Battle of the Somme outside my window ;angry
  • edited November 2015
    I think I'll reserve judgement on their fate until I see how we get on.
  • Now the neighbours are trying to reenact the Battle of the Somme outside my window ;angry
    Sounds Messi Preston ;wink
  • Maybe wanting his leg snapped was a bit over the top
    No, no you carry on lol

;biggrin
  • (I always read what you write. ;biggrin )
    I swear I read all your post.....but only that piece actually registered

;biggrin
  • Lets see McCarthy do that to a Crystal Palace player on 7 December and see how Pardew reacts? ;biggrin

His day well come or someone will nail one of the Everton players and then Martinez will be outraged. I only hope one of the journalists has the courage to refer him back to last weekend but knowing Roberto he will not see that the two are at all connected as he still believes we are a physical team. ;ok
  • Has he come up against Charlie Adam and Shawcross yet this season? Methinks he won't try it with them.
  • I can guarantee you one thing.

If Nolan had been playing on Sat, McCarthy wouldn't have seen the game out.
  • Nolan would have been too slow to get anywhere near him
  • thorn - 28/12/15 at Goodison with the return on 6/2/16.
  • I can guarantee you one thing.

If Nolan had been playing on Sat, McCarthy wouldn't have seen the game out.
    Long Live the King

Captain, leader, legend

;bowdown

;biggrin