Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

The Boleyn Arms - Real Footers Weekend

Welcome to The Boleyn Arms - a West Ham United virtual public house, and a West Ham Institution.

Now in our new home on WHU 606, this is a pleasant hostelry is open for Hammers/Irons to discuss matters relating to football, West Ham United or anything else.

WUMs are barred from this establishment, although friendly fans of other clubs are welcome to come in and enjoy the claret and blue atmosphere.

Please do not deface the pictures of players past and present, that adorn the walls in this establishment (and that includes the one of Jimmy Neighbour, R.I.P.) As with the rest of this site, have fun but please avoid anything racist, sexist, homophobic and any comments that promote negative racial or cultural stereotypes, whether said in jest or not.

Please also bear in mind that users of all ages are on this forum. Therefore please refrain from any content of an adult nature or anything unsuitable for users of all ages.

So come in and join us, as we enjoy another Premier League season and our journey under Messrs. Gold, Sullivan Brady and Norman Wisdom continues onwards and back up where we belong!

In previous opening periods of this thread, originally established on BBC 606 by V8Iron under the title "Let's all sign up to this" on the 17th May 2007, we have now achieved postings totaling 139,539 (BBC 606 total) + 171,221 = 310,760 and counting.

On March 8th 2013 the 250,000 milestone was passed with a post by Woosie. Well done Woosie and all who have contributed to this Hammer's Institution since May 2007 - Well done guys!

On the weekend of 12th/13th April 2014 with the posting of the 35th comment The Boleyn Arms have passed our post total on BBC 606 well done guys V8 would be proud!

Now entering our eighth year, it gives me great pleasure to re-dedicate this plaque. To those who on BBC 606 defended this place through the deadly days of the Spring and Summer of 2007 .... their names will however live on here forever; though some are lost to us now:
VEight Iron
CockneySikh
Half-Egg Half-Biscuit
Spanish Hammer
Schoffie
HammerDoc
Ironthru
Iirrrooonnnsss
Laurasuperbabe
AlanTaylors2nd
TexasHammer
ShakyDropalot
HorshamHammer
AndyDennis
Fireiron
L'Orealman
Trevsdeftheader
MNITF

In memory of absent friends ;poppy
Moorowasmagic
Hammerman69
Sledgehammer

Comments

• Saturday Salutations ;wave I have a rather good ;coffee Jamaica blue mountain on the go and it's still half light outside, and all is quiet.
  • Paperback writer ;quaver ;wave

;llama Lady Chatterleys lover
  • ;diop well what a day twas yesterday....it started at 4.30am with a 10 mile run followed by the organisation of my own household and school run of my own children then one worked all day with 150 kids aged 4-6 with only half an hours break then after work I had to go to a 3hr safeguarding course for scouts and I didn't get to bed until gone 11pm. ;phew I was then up this morning at 4.30am for another 10miles run.....today I'm chilling apart from looking after 3 kids.
    One is off to watch Appledore play football later ;scarvire
  • I'm off to see some bunch called Crystal Palace play some other chaps.
  • Oh I say Wombat, would you be a love and bring me back three points please
  • 2-2 to the Cockney boys! ;scarf

#3isthemagicnumber

#everythingcomesin3s
  • I will see what I can do. It might be a cheap version, or even knocked off.
  • Do enjoy your outing ;ok
  • I shall, I'm meeting in a small Bistro for sherry and cocktails not far from the venue, and from then on will be experiencing huge quantities of abuse and banter from a bunch of Croydon United Herbert's.
  • Well, my prediction is that we shall have the last laugh with a 2-3 win ;thumbsup
  • They get very cross when they lose ;biggrin

#senseofhumourbypassoperation
  • ;wave ;baldock Good morning everyone,MATCHDAY MADNESS ;wahoo ;scarf coyi
  • Hello peeps....cant feel the vibes on this one yet which supposes a draw in the offing, 3-3 looks likely but have gone 3-2 to us on Super Six....should be a good game......

Just in case you not aware, Newham council have been making several roads near UP permit holders only parking.....mostly south of the Barking road..we were lucky to find a spot at the Norwich game, as I near clearance at rear to off load mobility scooter....a disabled space for one match at the ground is 45 squid plus vat!!!
  • edited October 2015
    Ooh! I just made a quick batch of hummus for dipping ;wahoo

It was quite funny

Had a taster and it was delicious ;ok
  • was the hummus dead before you dipped it?
  • Hummus try and remember? ;run
  • did he play on the left wing before Harry? or I am thinking of Paul Heffer
  • edited October 2015
    ;wave ;champagne

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin the blue ridge mountains of Virginiaaaaaaaaaaa ;quaver

Sorry I`ve come over all Laurel & Hardy. ;puzzled
  • Just done a spot of light dusting.

Let's keep it clean, people.
  • edited October 2015
    Hi Grey - seems to be an issue with posting comments on the CP match thread.
  • ;ok Spotted. Grey's working on it....
  • ;wave Been a busy boy this morning,lots of chores and housework and afew errands for my father,time for lunch now,cold day here today,so a bowl of hot TOMMY SOUP and a BROWN ROLL for me,Glass of fresh OJ. ;thumbsup
  • Got my Father coming for Sunday Lunch tomorrow,picked up a lovely Turkey breast joint this morning from my Butcher,going to make my own stuffing balls and for Desert,a Bakewell Tart with Double Cream. ;thumbsup
  • Ooh! That sounds lush ;ok

I'm cooking for seven tomorrow. Nice slow roast leg of lamb with all the trimmings.
  • Woosie,I do love a slow Roast Leg of Lamb,my favourite Roast,loads of mint sauce on everything. ;thumbsup
  • Yes I too enjoy mint sauce especially on cabbage!

I usually stick slices of garlic and rosemary in my joint too ;ok
  • Does Rosemary mind?