Michail Antonio signs

Comments

• 1st away goal too ;ok
  • Yeah... Not bad for a defender, I mean wing back, I mean midfielder, winger/striker! Does he play in goal too? It's about time he put in a shift as well, seems a bit lazy ;wink
  • ;carew

Although he was lucky not to get a 2nd yellow for that thump on Robles.

Hope he doesn't make that a part of his game ;pray
  • Tbh, before the goal I thought he was having one of his less impressive games.

He's fab.
  • Only done it to con you Grey ;lol
  • bazWHUusa said:

Yeah... Not bad for a defender, I mean wing back, I mean midfielder, winger/striker! Does he play in goal too? It's about time he put in a shift as well, seems a bit lazy ;wink

;lol
  • On goals on Sunday right now ;ok
  • His mum wouldn't let him sign for Spurs at 14 because of the commute and he had to do his homework. Asked how he felt about that - "I cried"

Asked how he felt when Dimi scored yesterday - "Outrageous feeling. Every win should be like that, don't want 3-0 want 3-2 from behind and last minute winners"

Great stuff
  • ;lol

That's ok for him but what about us older folks worried about our hearts?
  • What a buy he's been, can't blame him for the RB stuff.

Great 7m spent
  • HOTY runner up ;clap

• What a season this guy has had - bear in mind he wasn't given a chance for quite a while (wrongly IMO), and must have felt quite frustrated. He then got a look in, grabbed his chance with both hands and hasn't looked back

Brilliant, simply brilliant.
  • Baracks, for me, his attitude reminds me of my other favourite player of all time at West Ham, the great Billy Bonds - he bleeds claret and blue. ;clap
  • NEoldiron i had to agree
  • He plays the game like he is really enjoying himself.
  • edited May 2016
    I used to really enjoy the way Momo Diame ran at and frightened defences, occasionally, when he felt like it (or thought a big team was watching?).

Mikhail though, he is an altogther different kind of beast, on another level. He does it all the time for 90 minutes no stopping (well he does get a break after 45 minutes), from back to front and then back again.

The energy is amazing, no one is going to push him off the ball and he has real skill. One of the delights of the season (amongst many) is seeing him carry the ball all the way to their goal line riding challenges in the tightest of situations and to hold on to the ball.

He can do right back but would be so much more useful (and concerning to the opposition) up front.
  • Yeah,he's impressed me too.In any other year he would be signing of the season.Love his attitude & looking at some of the other players around him I'm actually fairly optimistic about us at the moment.I say fairly because I'm used to decades of failure & under achievement!
  • I know I have been shamelessly beating this guy's drum (for which I make no apology), but as the season has just ended, thought I'd just post a couple of stats of our attacking midfielder (right back) and Spurs attacking midfielder Dele Ali

Antonio - 31 appearances 9 goals
    Ali - 46 appearances 10 goals

I suspect Ali hasn't played too many of his games at r/b

Sure Ali also has a number of assists, but Michail will have too.
  • Alli 10, Antonio 4.

Not sure why you are comparing a winger to a midfielder though. ;hmm
  • There are a lot of things to like about him, one that I will pick out is he doesn't mind crossing and also uses both feet to cross.

After years of having wide men that either were scared to cross could never beat the first man or only could use one foot....

Added to that of course he can play 10 positions is hungry can score and has lots of pace, what's not to like...

I hope his goal celebrations take a back seat, have noticed a few times now teams mates stopping them and having a little word. I think AC was saying in the last game let's concentrate on winning.
  • It was almost scary to see how he improved his game. From looking really lost in the first, to improving his passing, and once the first flukey goal went in, he was unstoppable. I've not seen a better wide player in terms of all-round performance since.... um.... ;hmm
  • DB8 ;run
  • Mark Robson?
  • How was Devo's tackling? That's my point - others may be better in one or two departments than Antonio, but he can do it all, and that's very unusual for any wide man ;bowdown
  • Devo had a moustache

#toptrumps
  • What puzzles be about Antonio, is why Bilic took so long to give him a chance. It's strange that it took a RB's (Jenko) injury before starting him as he was surely bought as a wide forward. Or have I got that wrong ;hmm