Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• if i was going for an interview for job, id do my research and anyone with an ounce of nous would tell you he had to get the fans onside so sorry for not jumping on the bandwagon just yet, these are things he had to say imo. i welcome mr bilic to our club and wish him every success, and hope its a longer period than last time, just hope martinez at everton has a good season because surely he wouldnt again
  • Bilic_is_for_life_and_not_just_till_christmas
  • edited June 2015
    #beardworship
  • sorry for not jumping on the bandwagon just yet
    It's not a bandwagon.

It's a Party Bus.

Rav is looking after the music (mostly Blue at the moment, admittedly), Twist is on catering, Suze is interviewing those who want to join up and Ham is sorting costumes. I fear I may regret that last decision... ;hmm
  • Roll up roll up come and get your costumes
    Screenshot_2015-06-10-07-14-53
  • #OneLove ((((((BILIC)))))
  • if i was going for an interview for job, id do my research and anyone with an ounce of nous would tell you he had to get the fans onside so sorry for not jumping on the bandwagon just yet, these are things he had to say imo. i welcome mr bilic to our club and wish him every success, and hope its a longer period than last time, just hope martinez at everton has a good season because surely he wouldnt again
    Yeah, agree with that Cuz

My concern is that a lot of people who are most excited by Bilic's appointment are probably those who also thought that Zola was great.
  • edited June 2015
    Ok we got a manager, we need a backroom staff as everyone's done a runner, any rumours?

He had Nikola Jurcevic at Croatia, Lokomotiv and Besiktas as his assistant manager, good chance he'll follow.
  • I thought Zola was a great appointment.

I thought Allerdyce was a great appointment.

I think Bilic is a great appointment.

I will be excited and happy and board the party bus when a new manager is appointed*

I will enjoy myself.

I will be optimistic.

So nerr......

;wahoo coyi

*this does not include Grant.
  • Sorry Barracks but wasn't in the bit happy with the Zola appointment.

Chelsea
    No managerial experience
    After 10 years in the UK he still couldn't really speak the language
    Nice guy with no presence

I'm ecstatic about Bilic.

Haven't felt this way since Harry
  • Sweep ;ok See Suze, she'll sort you some tickets
  • Roll up roll up come and get your costumes
    Screenshot_2015-06-10-07-14-53
    I'll have the black & white one, bottom left please ;clown
  • Sweep ;ok See Suze, she'll sort you some tickets

• edited June 2015
    Suze - ;thumbsup
  • Cuz - it may be that anybody with a brain would try and get the fans on side, but not everybody does.

This appointment has a nice feel to it. Like we're all in this together.
  • So what do people think.

Was Bilic a no.1 choice or was he on standby if everybody else said 'no'? ;hmm
  • I don't think he was a 1st or 2nd choice or possibly 3rd. If I was a betting man I would say their 1st choice was Benitez and 2nd would've been moyes.

However that matters for nothing now as Bilic has the job and I hope he does well for us.

Looking forward to see who he brings in as his assistant roles and what transfers he can attract.
  • Vorse - interesting. ;ok

So:

Positives:
    Good in the transfer market
    Plays an energetic, passing style
    Good man-management skills

Negatives:
    Tactically weak
    Inflexible subs
    Not won anything
  • Luke ;ok here is another one from the Guardian.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/jun/09/slaven-bilic-west-ham-rock-star-manager

You get the impression the guy is a good coach and says the right things, but.....

I suppose if he had won cups and leagues he would be somewhere else by now...
  • edited June 2015
    We know it's a three-year project and said we would love to be in the top eight this season and do well in a cup competition.”
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2015/June/9-June/Joint-Chairman-thrilled-by-Bilic-appointment#9vwbUJOO0mZlfCPK.99

So there's his target for Yr 1.

I would love it too ;thumbsup
  • Get your wallet out then Dave.

No way is 8th achievable unless we strengthen considerably.
  • Agree with KHA - I think the Dave's really wanted Rafa or Moyes, probably the latter as first choice.

There may well have been other candidates but I reckon Slaven would have been the only willing to accept various caveats such as being binned if we were relegated, etc and also other parties having the greater say over transfers. So other than going to the likes of Mcleish, Slaven was probably last man standing.

• edited June 2015
    ;ok
  • So what do people think.

Was Bilic a no.1 choice or was he on standby if everybody else said 'no'? ;hmm
    I am convinced the DDs wanted Raffa and did all they could to get him, but as soon as the Real job became available they stood no chance.

I think Bilic was their next choice but they looked at other options just to be sure.
  • One thing I read about his time as Bestikas is they were rebuidling the stadium so he did n;t have any home games for something like 15 months they played all their home games quite far away.
This discussion has been closed.