Slaven Bilic named as West Ham Manager (09.06.15)

Comments

• edited June 2015
    I love Bilic more than......... Lollipops..
  • Just noticed Suze's avi on another thread ;lol
  • Slaven setting the bar high:
    They were a little bit unlucky last year with the number of injuries in a crucial stage of the season, but the manager has done a good job and is leaving me a good team. I definitely think the team can improve, as I said, last year they had some brilliant games, especially in the first half of the season. It will be my job to improve it and make it better.
  • p3CN7Y6EY2TUJ

#mightybeard
  • edited June 2015
    No, I believe that actually is Suze... ;hmm
  • ;biggrin ;wave
  • Cottee hails Slav arrival

Cottee, who played alongside Bilic for a season back in 1996 has no doubts that Bilic is the right man for the job...

Cottee said: “I'm delighted he is at West Ham. As an ex team-mate of mine I am absolutely thrilled and I think he will take the Club forward.

“He did a good a good job for Croatia. He doesn't have any Premier League experience but neither did Mourinho or Wenger – you need to be given a chance.

“The most important thing is that he played for the club and he knows what it means to be a West Ham player. He knows what the fans want and had a great rapport during his short time at the Club.

“He knows what style they are wanting to see when they spend their hard earned money to come and watch the team.

“He will want them to play entertaining football but at the same time get results. You have got to get the balance right and it is a big task for Slaven.

“It is a massive season for the club with the move to the Olympic Stadium next year.

“The squad did well last season and other players need to fit into the system. The squad is capable of finishing in the top ten.”

;wahoo
  • Nice one Tone. ;ok
  • p3CN7Y6EY2TUJ

#mightybeard
    ;clap
  • edited June 2015
    Thank you Twist.

I'm very pleased with it given I was clean shaven this morning.
  • Oh no 64, I'll keep it tidy.

sir_ian can run the lawn mower over it tomorrow before I leave for work.
  • Our manager is cooler than Chelsea's
    Fact!
  • edited June 2015
    ;lol you want it all ways, twist.

#cakecookiegate3

#haveyourcakecookieandeatittoo
    Fixed it for yah Mrs G ;thumbsup
  • aint he though Hammeypoos...

• I am Slaven. Worship my beard.
  • Tony Cottee ;scarf

“The most important thing is that he played for the club and he knows what it means to be a West Ham player. He knows what the fans want and had a great rapport during his short time at the Club.

“He knows what style they are wanting to see when they spend their hard earned money to come and watch the team.

Well said Tony, you used to be part of that.

;clap
  • AThumbCut_140905-081016-picsay
    Everyone is getting involved
  • Oh suits you sir ;thumbsup
  • Too much time on your hands. You need to get a proper job!

;lol ;hug
  • Best. Clown. Ever ;bowdown
  • Screenshot_2015-06-09-20-54-29
    I wonder if anyone in the marketing department will have the cahones to ask will he wear the west ham xmas onesie for the Xmas catalogue ;lol
  • He outta be renamed Egor looking at that photo ;lol
  • @WestHam_Central: Mark Noble: "The appointment of Slaven Bilic is exciting for everyone. The lads can't wait to see what he's about." http://t.co/kXGTSmGybh
  • 300Poster
    Meaning of Slaven

Etymology: Derived from Slavic "Slav" meaning "Glory"
    Origin: Croatian

No idea what "Bilic" means though. Hopefully not "Ignominious Europa League exit at hands of Faroe Islands champions followed by relegation".

This discussion has been closed.