TV and Films

Comments

• Nobody seems to have watched anything worth commenting on since last year, but here are two.

The Vast Of Night. Set in a small town in New Mexico in the Cold War 1950s and filmed like an episode of The Twilight Zone . Has a US military experiment gone wrong, is there a Commie plot or are alien abductions taking place?

No violence, sex, bad language, horror or gore. The only U certificate film I have seen for years and the best film I have seen this year.

Driven, a comedy-drama about the John DeLorean/ FBI entrapment case, is rather fine too.
  • When they see us is a great watch and extremely heartbreaking at the same time. Also watch the Oprah Winfrey meets the cast/real life victims program. Unbelievable stuff really.
  • Black Earth Rising on Netflix :bowdown:
  • Gomorrah is quite a good watch if you don't mind a bit of violence and subtitles.

Also the Jinx is very good. It came out a few years ago but still brilliant to watch.
  • Love island
  • :fishslap:
  • Hamstew said:

Love island

can we get a ban please ?
  • #obvs to highbrow for you lot
  • Hamstew said:

#obvs to highbrow for you lot

:scary:
  • Stranger Things 3 :) just the last episode alone was worth watching
  • I’m on episode 7 at the min enjoying it
  • edited July 2019
    Not quite finished S2 yet.

But looking forward to S3. I might save it for when I'm travelling.
  • I'll watch it when love island ends
  • Stews love for love island intrigues me. Should I watch it? Or should I stick rusty needles in my eyes?
  • Stews love for love island intrigues me. Should I watch it? Or should I stick rusty needles in my eyes?

I was always taught never to take advice off clowns.
  • Just found Black Mirror on Netflix.

Amazing, Charlie Brooker is a very clever writer.
  • There ddoes seem to a deluge of rubbish on every channel, some start of well then tail off and and many have poor endings, where are all the good script writers, and why so many have sex, dugs, swearing and abuse in them....??
    Currrently watching "Manifest" on NOW Tv...started well but going offf a bit
    The Rookie, up and down
    SWAT- us pumping iron series, ok
    Knightfall- I enjoyed that, series one, cant get 2 unless pay for it

Thats All Folkes
  • Need to watch Amazon Primes new "The Boys" superhero thing
  • Finished watching series 2 of the OA and then found out they have cancelled series 3 :weep:
  • Man in the High Castle season 4 superb !
  • So much decent TV out

The Mandalorian
    The Expanse season 4 (coming December)
    Rick and Morty
    Jack Ryan season 2
    Picard (coming January)
  • Just started Man in the High Castle season 4 also watching season 4 Mr Robot . Finished Jack Ryan and looking forward the Expanse
  • I recently binged on all three series of Top Boy.
    Gritty, urban,painful to watch but absolutely reveals a side of life that many of us live alongside but know little or nothing about.
    Highly recommended.
  • I watched those last month Slacker good series a hard watch at times
  • Kano (Sully) is also from East Ham. I went to the same school as him.

The last season really developed massively. Having more episodes made it less explosive and unrealistic and really let it hit on more of the social issues.
  • Which school Outcast?I’m also and old East Ham boy.
  • Langdon. He started making his name in the grime scene while still there/just after finishing and actually gave my year's leaving speech.
  • Langdon. He started making his name in the grime scene while still there/just after finishing and actually gave my year's leaving speech.

My old school.Just a little bit earlier than you!It was East Ham Grammar back then.