TV and Films

Comments

• Cheers Colchester ;ok
  • Marvellous! No one mentioned West Ham Season Video 2013/14...lol

My top ten films is, in no particular order, and many more would be, these are films I`d watch with 5 mins left.....

ZULU
    MALTESE FALCON
    KELLYS HEROES
    ICE STATION ZEBRA
    CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER
    CAPRICORN ONE
    SONS OF KATIE ELDER
    bATTLE OF THE BULGE
    SCHOOL FOR SCOUNDRELS
    HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (Basil RATHBONE)
  • I'm so pleased to read this thread. I thought I was the only person in the country that didn't like mrs browns boys. ;ok
  • My drive to work every day is over the junction where numerous police cars get written off and John Candy ends up in a truck.

I am so jealous...
  • Couldn't get on with True Detectives.

Liked the first couple of episodes - excellent script, superb acting and good filming. But then the deep-rooted misogyny put me off. And the 2 characters were just deeply unlikeable.

;yercoat
    Quite right Mrs G but that is what made it such addictive viewing it was sort of painful to watch but captivating and along with the soundtrack which was outstanding had this menace about it......

However nothing will beat the Sopranos ;ok
  • Breaking Bad is pretty good, especially at the end. Annoys me a lot but my expectations were ruined by people saying it was better than The Wire. Not close imo.
    Also find Game of Thrones overhyped.

Vikings is a pretty good series. Very entertaining. Has some comparisons to Game of Thrones.

Lillyhammer on Netflix is good. Good drama, good characters and can be really amusing.

House of Cards had a great first series but got a little ridiculous in the second.
  • OOo I've got Netflix, might give Lillyhammer a go ;ok
  • Forgot about game of thrones. Love that personally ;ok
  • We've just been watching a documentary about Blackdder... ;lol stuff.

Just waiting for Dr Who to start.
  • Hamsterz - check out Leicestershire County Council plans for a zombie apocalypse!! Sounds like you should be heading up their department!!
  • ;nonono
    #dreamjob
  • Best Zombie movie/film = Shaun of the Dead.

I still love The Full Monty
  • Good shout tex ;ok
  • The inbetweeners
    Not The Nine O'clock News
    Room 101
    Mock the week
    Have I got News for you
  • Not The Nine O'clock News ;bowdown
  • 8 out of 10 cats does countdown ;ok
  • ;lol very funny that.
  • Here's the link for the zombie apocalypse plan and a copy of Hamsterz letter to Leicester council.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-13713798

;biggrin
  • Awesome. I feel they are not taking it seriously though. Who will laughing when a zombie is tucking into their brains though. Not them I suspect ;ok
  • All the Die Hard films ;bowdown
  • Agree ;thumbsup
  • Which ones your fav, mrs grey?

Mine is 3. The one with Samuel L Jackson and Jeremy Irons ;clap
  • Hated Die Hard 5.

Loved 1 and 3. ;bowdown

2 and 4 were decent. ;ok
  • Chariots of Fire. Awesome film, awesome soundtrack, great cast. ;ok

Original Die Hard for me, then started to go a bit downhill but Samuel L and Jeremy Irons bring some great hammy but v enjoyable acting. ;ok
  • The 3rd one's still my favourite, too ;thumbsup

Then ;hmm 4 I think. Hated 5. (In fact, until you mentioned it, I'd forgotten it existed ;lol )
  • There's a Die Hard 5????
  • The 3rd one's still my favourite, too ;thumbsup

It's taken a long, long, long....long time Mrs Grey, but we've found something we agree on ;whistle
  • Yep 3 is the best!
  • Happy Gilmore ;clap
  • Twist, yup - 5. You really don't want to bother.

As for agreeing, it seems we can only agree on something not football-related ;biggrin