CAN WE MAKE LIVE MATCHES BETTER?

Hey, guys. I am a big fan of the Premier League. I really appreciate the platform because it is a good place where we can share our experience and fan stories about favorite football teams on it.

I am also a PhD student at Loughborough University and really need your help. I'm trying to make stadium experiences better, but first I need to know what you think of live football at the moment. I know we’re in lockdown and we can't watch matches like we used to, but if you can find 5 minutes to take my survey it will mean the world to me in this difficult time. I really appreciate it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuEfDveH5HYiqJ9Oa14hg05Fn7UUxoSDl-h5fuOVqiDiiPsg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Administrator Edit:

Are there any exclusion criteria?
For ethical reasons, the following people cannot participate in the study:

· Under 18’s
· Over 65’s
· People who haven’t watched a Premier League match in a stadium during the past 12 months.

Comments

• I have just amended slightly your request, to show that your survey is focusing on certain groups only.
  • So why don't you count if your over 65? Sounds like care home syndrome.
    mikeswhts
  • I'm guessing because he's decided to define his area of research as The purpose of the study is to identify young fans’ unmet experience in the Premier League ...
  • I scrape in to qualify by a single year, yet wouldn't call myself a YOUNG fan

But I am flattered :lol:
    MrsGreymikeHammerwombat
  • IronHerb said:

So why don't you count if your over 65? Sounds like care home syndrome.

Because it's not PC to be racist,homophobic etc(Which i agree with) but it's perfectly okay to be Ageist.

• Can we infer that you're American?
  • edited May 17
    mike said:

IronHerb said:

So why don't you count if your over 65? Sounds like care home syndrome.

Because it's not PC to be racist,homophobic etc(Which i agree with) but it's perfectly okay to be Ageist.

It's not OK to be ageist.

But surveys are done of particular categories of people all the time. it doesn't mean those not surveyed are being discriminated against

If he'd been trying to gather data on disabled fans' experiences, he would have excluded non-disabled people from the survey. And so on.
    HamstewMoojor
  • edited May 18
    I get that, but it is curious that he is casting such a wide net by targeting under 65s yet claims to be after the opinions of young fans, IMO, “young” lacks specificity but in many contexts, typically relates to under 25s, or 30s.

Good luck to him, but unfortunately I am out of scope as I have not actually attended a match in the past 12 months.
    MrsGrey
  • You ain't missed much chicago. ;)
  • edited May 20
    I really appreciate your opinions and advice. Your feedback is important to me. It makes my survey better.

I need to explain the reason why I exclude 65+ years old. It's nothing about ageist or racist. My research project is about improving fan experience in the Premier League via technology means like virtual reality or augmented reality. In this case, the extent to accept technology needs to be considered. Based on some research, compared with senior citizens, young people prefer to use new technology. For example, smartphones are necessary stuff for young people in their daily life. They spend a large amount of time on it every day.

Could you take the survey and give your feedback? I need to get enough responses.
    If you have any advice, please leave your comment below. I am so happy to discuss this with you. Appreciate it.

• I'm a senior citizen young man and have never heard of this smartphone you talk about.
    Computers,internet,social media what are these things? :whistle:
    Kuchinghammer
  • I'm an oldie too, and have worked with IT all of my adult life :hmm:
    mike