The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• edited May 2020
    I can't help thinking of Glen Johnson who got a start because Scott Minto was injured and then left at the end of the season
  • I felt the same thing but I seemed to recall Johnson left due to relegation rather than let go. As far as the gamble goes however he is the big win scenario in as much as if he doesn't make it we have wasted a couple of million pounds in wages, if he ends up a genuine back up level full back that would be a bargain as I am sure we have been paying Zaba a lot more, if he ends up being a first team regular that feasibly we could have paid 10-15m for on top of wages then that's a big win, whilst the jackpot is Johnson, an International full back who we keep or sell on for a big profit. In my view worth a gamble.
  • we're going to be in a heap of trouble if we go into next season with our current roster of players. We have been nothing short of dreadful this season.
  • we're going to be in a heap of trouble if we go into next season with our current roster of players. We have been nothing short of dreadful this season.

All the pundits seem to think that apart from making Soucek permanent Moyes is looking to strengthen the first team from the U23s with players like Ben Johnson, Grady Diangana and Xande Silva.

All the pundits seem to think that apart from making Soucek permanent Moyes is looking to strengthen the first team from the U23s with players like Ben Johnson, Grady Diangana and Xande Silva.
    Johnson for Zabaleta makes sense. Diangana as another options makes sense especially after his performances at West Brom. Soucek jury is still out on. Silva not seen enough. Young blood will help the squad next season but imo i dont see it helping us enough. But who knows we may not even be in the premier league come next season so might not matter.
  • Lanzini, admittedly after a longish lay-off due to injury, and Anderson badly under-performed this season imo, which meant that we didn't get the attacking benefits expected from our unbalanced squad.

Soucek is a decent addition as is Bowen, but I'd really like to see us have a season where we're at least equal to (if not greater than) the sum of our parts, as, whether it's down to injury or lack of form, we've not really done that since Slav's first season.
  • Gonzalo Montiel's agent Marcelo Carracedo told Radio Del Plata...

"There are many teams interested in Gonzalo, some of them are Valencia, Roma and Torino."

"There are many concerns for Gonzalo and many clubs interested in him, although I do not think that an offer will come from West Ham."

Sounds like our RB options are Fredericks and Ben Johnson unless we pay Ngakia the £20k pw he's asking

And we're being linked with Jonjo Shelvey again...
  • Why ASLEF did you spoil a perfectly good post with that last line.
  • Don't shoot the messenger...
  • Have we had any players leave ? i.e Sanchez ? or ahve we committed to signing everyone until the official end of the season ?
    Also when is the official transfer window open ?
  • Sanchez and Zab have had contracts extended until end of the season I believe.
  • The transfer window was meant to open today but I can't seem to find a date

Sanchez's contract expires 30 June. There was a rumour that Fenerbahce were interested in Yarmalenko but his agent says he's not interested in going to Turkey
  • And why do we need Sanchez until the end of the season
  • To make the other players think they are awesome at football when they see him.
  • I can’t find the likes or is it me
  • edited June 2020
    Not you. Some fancy features are temporarily unavailable until the bells and whistles part of the site is restored....
  • transfer20.com (who) reckon we're looking to sign Chelsea's CM/DM Tiemoue Bakayoko

Signed from Monaco in 2017, hasn't played for Chelsea since the 2018 FA Cup final, spent the next season on loan at AC Milan and this season on loan back at Monaco
  • Telegraph says two Bundesliga teams are after Ngakia

Zabaleta has signed an extension until the end of the season
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/june/12-june/moorhouse-middag-and-de-graaf-depart-west-ham-united

Looks like both the senior teams are going to be busy recruiting new players this summer? This leaves the Womens team with just fifteen players from looking at the official website! :#
  • Sead Haksabanovic has signed a permanent deal with IFK Norrkoping, the club he's been on loan with since January 2019.
  • https://www.claretandhugh.info/report-hammers-line-up-diop-replacement/

I know how some people think about the source of this information but should we be considering accepting £40 million for Diop?
  • If he wants to go ,what choice do we have ..But hope he stays :pray:
  • Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham and Chelsea are all interested in Spanish goalkeeper Pau Lopez. Roma will sell the 25-year-old for £36m. (Estadio Deportivo - in Spanish)
  • Cant see us spending £30m on anyone at the moment, especially a keeper.
  • We've been linked with 19yo AM Dion McGhee, leaving Man U on a free at the end of the month along with Watford, Rangers and Derby County
  • NGAKIA ATTRACTS BUNDESLIGA INTEREST

Schalke are one of two German clubs interested in signing West Ham right-back Jeremy Ngakia.

The 19-year-old is out of contract at the end of the month and is set to leave the club after failing to agree terms on a new deal.
  • Manchester United's English midfielder Dion McGhee, 19, is wanted by West Ham, Rangers and AZ Alkmaar. (Manchester Evening News)
  • Why would any young player want to come to us?
  • to gain game time in the championship
This discussion has been closed.