The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• West Ham will refuse any offer made by Chelsea for England midfielder Declan Rice, 21. (Goal)
  • WEST HAM TO BLOCK CHELSEA ON RICE

West Ham will reject any advances from Chelsea for midfielder Declan Rice, according to Goal.

Chelsea released the 21-year-old England international as a youngster but are said to want to bring him back to Stamford Bridge when the window re-opens.

But the Hammers have no intention of dealing with their fierce London rivals and will snub any offer made by the Blues.
  • edited April 2020
    Until their offer is the biggest! Money talks and I personally think he'd like to go back there. He will go in time and we would be foolish to take £50m from one club , if Chelsea offered £60m ( for example)
  • Are Chelski really our "fierce London rivals" ? I thought that "honour" was reserved for the Spuds.
  • edited April 2020
    I thought our "fierce London rivals" were M...…. although I'm not sure south of the river counts as London (black cabs are reluctant to go there "at this time of night").

We've just signed Northern Ireland U16 CB/CM Michael Forbes from Dungannon Swifts

Yesterday was his 16th birthday, he's over 6ft tall and he wears Edgar Davids-style glasses
  • Right from the beginning when we were thames ironworks it has been millwall who have been and always will be our biggest rivals.
  • edited April 2020
    The Telegraph reckons that Moyes will only let Rice go to Chelsea if Ross Barkley comes here as a part-ex deal...except Barkley doesn't want to leave Chelsea.

I think we should have a whip round and get Ross a "thank you" card
  • My guess is Moyes knew that and that’s why he said it.
  • The Telegraph reckons that Moyes will only let Rice go to Chelsea if Ross Barkley comes here as a part-ex deal...except Barkley doesn't want to leave Chelsea.

I think we should have a whip round and get Ross a "thank you" card

Be wise to get a get well soon card at the same time for when he’s injured :lol:
  • Chelsea are ready to sell Michy Batshuayi this summer with West Ham keen on his signature, according to reports. (The Sun)
  • Michy Batshuayi............No Thanks.
  • Atletico Madrid midfielder Hector Herrera, 30, was one of West Ham's main targets in the January transfer window and they could still try to sign him in the summer. (Independent)
  • Newcastle and West Ham are among a number of Premier League clubs to have enquired about Real Madrid and Serbia striker Luka Jovic, 22. (90min)
  • Newcastle, Everton, West Ham and Leicester are all monitoring the situation of Manchester United and England midfielder Jesse Lingard, 27. (90min)
  • The Express

West Ham are considering offloading their £45m club-record signing Sebastien Haller after just one season at the London Stadium.
  • edited May 2020

West Ham are considering offloading their £45m club-record signing Sebastien Haller after just one season at the London Stadium.

Southampton will be happy; played two, scored two.

Further down the article it says
    They could sell Haller to fund the purchase of Michy Batshuayi, who is out to leave London rivals, Chelsea, this summer.

Chelsea want £40million for Batshuayi who has been a Hammers target for the last couple of summers.
    :hmm:
  • 40 Mil :nonono:
  • Can't afford anyone at the moment unless Jovic is a loan deal and then we would need to pair him with Haller. Can't see why we would sell Haller to try to buy Batshuayi who isn't keen to join us. Do we really want Lingard?

Keep safe everyone. :pray:
  • Agree, agree, no. :biggrin:
  • Oh, and a big agree for the last point. :ok:
  • Newcastle, Everton, West Ham and Leicester are all monitoring the situation of Manchester United and England midfielder Jesse Lingard, 27. (90min)

Absolute toilet of a player.
  • Daily Mail:

Jack Wilshere has insisted that he has 'unfinished business at West Ham' and said he is determined to show manager David Moyes and the Hammers faithful what he can do.
  • Well as he’s likely to be playing, if at all, behind closed doors he’s not going to show many fans.
  • I can't see many big transfers outside the top six with the financial implications of COVID 19 lockdown.
  • Agreed. Newspapers searching for content and clubs/agents probably happy to keep dripping information as well. I can't take any of this news seriously right now. Even if we're in such a bad position that we need to sell lots of players, other teams won't necessarily be in a good enough position to buy them for much either. Everything can change by the time the transfer window starts (whenever that will be).
  • West Ham will allow English midfielder Nathan Holland, 21, to leave for £1m this summer, with Sheffield Wednesday interested. (Football Insider)
  • Corriere dello Sport lists Felipe Anderson as one of six players Napoli are looking at.
  • Daily Mirror

Chelsea will make a move for West Ham's Declan Rice if they lose N'Golo Kante this summer.
  • edited May 2020

Daily Mirror

Chelsea will make a move for West Ham's Declan Rice if they lose N'Golo Kante this summer.

Diario Madridista reports that given Kante's age (29) and his recent injury record (just 23 starts out of 42 this season) Real Madrid are unlikely to meet Chelsea's asking price (between €80m and €90m) or match his current salary (€17m a year).

https://diariomadridista.okdiario.com/fichajes/fichaje-kante-real-madrid-imposible-39462

Instead Real are looking at Napoli's Fabián Ruiz (24 yo, Spanish international) and Rennes's Eduardo Camavinga (17yo, French U21) as alternatives with Marca claiming that Real would have signed Camavinga already if it weren't for the Coronavirus.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2020/05/08/5eb5c9be46163fc88e8b4636.html

I don't see Rice going to Chelsea unless Kante leaves and I don't see Kante going anywhere
  • HAMMERS REACH MONTIEL AGREEMENT

West Ham have reached a pre-contract agreement with River Plate right-back Gonzalo Montiel, reports Estadio Deportivo.

The 23-year-old is open to moving to the London Stadium, all that remains now is for the Argentine to secure his work permit.
This discussion has been closed.