Covid19: Support and Chat

Comments

• Hamstew said:

Same as. I'm wfh from home also. Although the temporary system they have put in place isn't working so IT are trying to fix it for all of us. I'm already getting annoyed by the sound of the washing machine and I wish the cat would make up it's mind on if he wants to stay in or out. I'm also struggling to keep my eyes off the fridge and treat cupboard.

I’ve already had far too much coffee....

• I've downloaded championship manager 2001/02. It's free
  • MIAHammer said:

Most airlines are offering refunds or allowing a date change. Check with the airline.

They’re offering a date change free of charge at the moment, a refund won’t happen unless the airline cancel the flight. Aer Fungus won’t even talk to you unless you’re due to fly within the next 72 hours and when you do get through they’re charging 5 Euro to speak with an advisor.
  • edited March 2020
    My wife insists on doing any painting as she says she's much better at it than I am.
    Who am I to argue with that? :biggrin:
  • Spain closes border, Govt says don't travel, Ryan air is flying so no compensation or rebook on a date in the future, hope they go bust
  • Spain closes border, Govt says don't travel, Ryan air is flying so no compensation or rebook on a date in the future, hope they go bust

Bit harsh on their employees :hmm:

Bit harsh on their employees :hmm:
    true whoops, maybe just the CEO has a shares meltdown then
  • Yes, Mrs E and I have been out shopping for essentials today

Updated health advice - Feed a cold / starve a fever / drown a virus

• I’ve already had far too much coffee....

Best move onto the gin then :thumbsup:
  • oh ok then...

• Hamstew said:

I've downloaded championship manager 2001/02. It's free

My Sims are very well fed and watered and are happy with their hobbies :biggrin:
  • I know we don’t say this often ........ well played. Chelsea!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-51942190
  • G Neville is also doing this.
  • That is excellent.
  • Just remember to switch back when you're eventually allowed back in the office...
  • Just discovered Gin and Diet coke is really nice #silverlining
  • Whenever we get to normal, I reckon that I am going to struggle with the 6.00am wake up call to catch the 6.50 train downtown, this lie in bed until 8.00am malarkey is working out just fine
  • They reckon that calling it Covid19 has nothing to do with the year but everything to do with the 19 pounds that will be gained by sitting around eating snacks all day.

I reckon they are right :whistle:
  • edited March 2020
    Shamelessly stolen,

I told my wife not to panic buy so why have I just found Andy Carroll in the kitchen.

Well it made me laugh :biggrin:
  • Tesco’s Beckton opened at 6am today. Got there at 6.05 just to try and do my weekly shop and the queue went around most of the car park - and it’s a very big car park! Fights at the front of the queue with people being accused of pushing in.

I gave up!
  • That video is heartbreaking.
    I'm afraid we live in this selfish me,me,me culture.
    My wife is a retired senior sister and still keeps in touch with colleagues she used to work with.They say a lot of companies are now giving out free food to nhs employees.
  • edited March 2020

Tesco’s Beckton opened at 6am today. Got there at 6.05 just to try and do my weekly shop and the queue went around most of the car park - and it’s a very big car park! Fights at the front of the queue with people being accused of pushing in.

I gave up!

Unfortunately it's better to go later in the day and just accept you'll have to take whatever's there. It's a hassle with the way people are behaving and increased risk by being in a crowd.

Try cash and carries as well. I've seen Sri Lankan, Pakistani and Turkish shops that have plenty. Food's not running out, people are just being stupid.
  • edited March 2020
    Agreed Outcast

I nipped to my Local NISA yesterday, plenty of stock on the shelves.

They were even baking, left with a Bakewell tart, Doritos and freshly baked rolls :biggrin:

The shop manager said she was keeping baskets of essential items aside for her regular older customers. And not allowing anyone to clear her shelves on their own, she stopped one woman from buying eight bags of pasta!
  • I have spoke to some people(on the phone)who do still not realise how this virus works?They will say it's okay to come round as "we are all fine" without realising that the incubation period could be up to fourteen days.
  • Tescos Leyton -no toilet roll

Little corner shop next to Leyton Midland Road station - toilet roll a-plenty.

Guess where I go for toilet roll?
  • mike said:

I have spoke to some people(on the phone)who do still not realise how this virus works?They will say it's okay to come round as "we are all fine" without realising that the incubation period could be up to fourteen days.

Crazy. You could give it to them or they could give it to you. It's just keeping the transmission going. :angry:
  • I have just received, at 11 45am, an email from Waitrose stating that as from today they will dedicate the first hour from opening to the elderly and vulnerable etc.
    I better get me skates on then

:run:

:doh: