Wolves (H, probably) Sometime over the weekend of 19-21 June

Comments

• will they need to show the games on a delay to bleep out the inevitable swearing
  • will they need to show the games on a delay to bleep out the inevitable swearing

:nonono: They've wired our houses for sound?
  • Yarmolenko, Wilshere and Fredericks all fit

• edited June 2020
    According to Talksport this is the remaining EPL fixture list.
    West ham to play wolves at 5pm on the 20th june.
    This is Talksport so don't forget so take this with a pinch of salt. :whistle:
    https://talksport.com/football/712081/which-premier-league-games-watch-fixtures-tv-radio-air-free/
  • Tottenham & Chelsea games @ 8.15 allegedly?
  • Sam Inkersole (football.london/Daily Mirror) says Ogbonna has a knee problem and Cresswell also has a knock but should be okay
  • Wish that was the other way round.
  • Beat Palace 2-1 today, Haller & Ngakia with the goals, according to Ex & Sam Inkersole.

Ham will be happy...
  • Wilshere got injured - again.
  • edited June 2020
    Sam Inkersole says Wilshere got through both friendlies "unscathed"

Also that Rice was captain against Palace and was the only player on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/fixtures-results/captain-rice-leaner-haller-4-18417845

Adam Smith at greenstreethammers.com reckons that looking at the line ups for our friendlies we could be switching to three at the back (as per Moyes 2017/18)

also Masuaku and Ngakia both scored this week which suggests they're getting further forward as wing backs. Ngakia, Fredericks and Johnson got 30 minutes each

https://greenstreethammers.com/2020/06/13/west-ham-flirting-new-formation/

ex on Twitter reckons we're still trying to get Ngakia to sign but the deadline will be 23 June.
  • According to this source, Wilshere did come off with a groin injury, so no one knows which source is more reliable.

http://westhamfans.org/content/guess-who-got-injured-against-palace

Hope Ogbonna will be able to play on Saturday; we'll need him.
  • edited June 2020
    Didn’t think this day would come, but time to select a match 11:

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Rice - Cresswell
    Soucek - Noble
    Bowen - Fornals - Antonio
    Haller

Randolph, Ogbonna, Ngakia, Zabaleta, Noble, Lanzini, Snodgrass, Anderson, Yarmolenko

I think, if Ogbonna is not fit (there seems to be a doubt), I’d be tempted to drop Rice into CB & bring Nobes into midfield.

I feel that 11 is our most balanced 11 on paper.
  • Yep, Fornals, Bowen and Soucek starting, and no 3 at the back. That's all I want to see.
  • Oh if we had signed Toure back in the day. What a player he is. I’m sure Creswell is looking forward to this one!
  • I'm getting mildly excited.
  • William Hill odds for Saturday.
    West Ham 5/2
    Draw 5/2
    Wolves 11/10
    Not very encouraging is it, but I am going for a draw, 5/2 is good odds.
  • Whats our 11 for Wolves ?

Have we got any injuries ?
  • A must win game
  • Ogbonna back in training after missing both friendlies

No other reported injuries which must be a record for us!
  • Lawro has us down for a 1-0 win, a bit worrying.
  • Rumours of Rice at CB on Saturday as Ogbonna not sharp enough to start.
  • Wolves have never lost a PL game in London following promotion to the PL.
  • The only players mentioned in Moyes' press conference this afternoon were Jared Bowen and Adama Traore so no clues about the starting line up

• edited June 2020
    Well. I posted this thread on 9th March so that probably makes this the longest open Match Thread run that we've had. :D

All we have to do now is win to extend my run. :#

Still, why not? 2-1 to the Hammers. B)

COYI
  • edited June 2020
    Impossible to predict this, as it does feel like a completely new season.

A point would be a reasonable return but, you know what, 3-1 Hammers.

Think Moyes will go with a back 3 to match Wolves:

Fabianski
    Diop - Ogbonna - Rice
    Fredericks - Soucek - Fornals - Cresswell
    Bowen - Antonio
    Haller
  • Several injury doubts according to Ex, but he won’t say who this early as it gives too much of an indication to the team.
  • I think Wolves will probably shred us 2 or 3 to the good. All over the pitch they have markedly better players. Defence is going to buckle fast imo.
  • Lawro has predicted a 1-0 win for Wolves - which is encouraging.
  • 2-1 to the coyi