Arsenal v West Ham 7th March 2020 - 15:00

1235»

Comments

• Mesut Ozil.… his eyes are offside :quaver:
  • edited March 2020
    mike said:

The truth is we had six chances to score yesterday and we got zilch.
    It's no good going on that we were the better team.
    If you don't take your chances you will get punished and that's what happened yesterday.

True but in my opinion playing good football even if you do not win shows you are capable of doing it. I would rather see us put a commanding performance in against Arsenal and get 0 points than hoof it all day and pray for 1 point.

I think one of the worst things to be is to be "Lucky" in football. Its a complete under representation of where you are as a team, the lucky teams usually get found out sooner or later and are the ones that end up freefalling because luck isn't forever.

Our last 3 performances haven't being luck they have been some decent football. A few of our performances before that we were for the most part being played off the park and not competing at a premier league level. That is when you need to worry most.
  • edited March 2020
    It is clear that we are improving now our players are back form injury and getting some match fitness, we played well yesterday but were masters of our own downfall which we cannot afford but the game that annoyed me and annoys me still, was our previous game against Arsenal, they were there for the taking and we did not seem interested.

How they ended up doing the double over us this year is beyond me.
  • All about the final touch and finishing of Antonio and Haller yesterday but the performance leaves us with hope. The problem is we are running of games and opportunities to take points as we had yesterday cant be squandered.

The picture at present regard who is likely to go down will change match by match now and luckily no one around picked up three points yesterday.
  • good performance yesterday. three in a row 4 if you count Brighton so live in hope if we carry on we will start to pick up points and put a decent run together. problem for me is it is the hope that kills you!!! still stand by what I have said before if we can hold our form think we will pull away from the bottom 3. Matt Le tissier said after watching us for the past 2 games does not see us getting relegated. There is that hope again! I am now going to pray to our football god B Moore that we can keep our good form going. I agree with chicago how they have done the double over us is mind boggling.
  • I don't think I've seen any comments on this thread about how good Bowen is - talk about a breath of fresh air!
    He really put in a shift and he's so eager for the ball and not afraid to do something positive with it. Is this how he performed at Hull?
    :scarf:
  • I also have been very impressed with Bowen but he seems to always take the shot on himself when there might be better options, still the best goalscorers tend to have a single-minded/selfish streak.
  • Most of our players seem scared to shoot so I'd encourage this personally
  • Its refreshing to see a player not named Antonio who is direct and happy to attack a defender 1 vs 1....wish Anderson would take note hes been far too restrained

With Bowen and Antonio on the pitch we have outlets and genuine threat which will open up the opposition

Soucek coming back early should also be a big plus as he gives us strength in an area we lack
  • edited March 2020

I also have been very impressed with Bowen but he seems to always take the shot on himself when there might be better options, still the best goalscorers tend to have a single-minded/selfish streak.

He's had 6 shots in total, 5 of which were on target, 1 of which was a goal and 1 of which was touched onto the post. Not really excessive.
  • So who is going to do the next match thread, I'd offer but one is my longest running sequence :weep:
  • IronHerb said:

I also have been very impressed with Bowen but he seems to always take the shot on himself when there might be better options, still the best goalscorers tend to have a single-minded/selfish streak.

He's had 6 shots in total, 5 of which were on target, 1 of which was a goal and 1 of which was touched onto the post. Not really excessive.
    And a couple of these he could've slipped in one of our attackers who were in a far more likely position to score. You can't just base it off stats like that
  • IronHerb said:

And a couple of these he could've slipped in one of our attackers who were in a far more likely position to score. You can't just base it off stats like that
    Judging by Saturday they wouldn't have scored :wink:
  • The three biggest misses all involved Antonio.
    The first one, Haller was at fault for overrunning; he should have taken into account Luiz's position and held back so that Antonio's cross would have bypassed Luiz and reached him, you could see by Antonio's reaction what he thought of Haller.

The other two were just poor finishing; the one almost on the goal line and the other heading straight at Leno.
    All in all very frustrating. :angry:
  • IronHerb said:

And you can say that for every striker there has ever been
  • IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

And you can say that for every striker there has ever been
    Yes I would say that for any striker who shoots when he has a teammate in a better position than him (POMO - Position of Maximum Opportunity).
  • So many missed opportunities but I think the last few games have shown how far we’ve come from the dismal performance in the mid part of the season. In our last 3 games we have beaten Southampton and (IMHO) have been unlucky to lose to Liverpool and Arsenal.
    We are still in big trouble but at least we’re starting to show some fight.