Arsenal v West Ham 7th March 2020 - 15:00

Comments

• Why does Moyes always wait so long to make subs? Some quality players on the bench, especially Anderson, whose pace could make a massive difference now.
  • Game has been there for the taking. Their defence is an absolute shambles. Why has Moyes made no changes before the 80th minute? Why not get Anderson up against Sokratis? Even Lanzini would get joy against this Arsenal midfield and centre-backs.
  • Great another VAR goes against us
  • That’s a we should have given the pen so we will give that one
  • It was very similar to the Liverpool third goal. A shot not going in, a lucky deflection from that shot, they square it and score.
  • What a poor result this is going to be given now bad they are
  • That’s what happens when you don’t put your chances away. Very disappointing but still time.
  • edited March 2020
    We had our chances today, wasted opportunity so far, 7 mins + additional time to redeem ourselves..
    Too many wasted chances IMO...
  • Why have we put Soucek on and not Anderson? We're 1-0 down.
  • Why have we put Soucek on and not Anderson? We're 1-0 down.

He'll be there for flick ons, I suspect
  • We've absolutely bottled it
  • I haven’t seen us create this many chances against arsenal away in decades
  • I think a Pellegrini side wins this game
  • Referee has been awful
  • Lukerz said:

I think a Pellegrini side wins this game

As he so often did away at big teams?
  • Arsenal were as bad as this at our place but we still managed to mess it up. How many games have we lost in the last 10 minutes.
  • Lukerz said:

No way IMO , For once I'll stick up for Moyes, u cannot blame him for players who find it easier to miss the goal than score,but that's your opinion Luke, fair enough
  • hope this doesn't dent the confidence.
  • Lukerz said:

Yeh when he was Man City boss!..Life is too short to stress...This is life as a Hammer fan.
  • edited March 2020
    14 shots. 6 on target. 0 goals.

Can't blame Moyes for this defeat, IMO.
  • No, we've been the better side. We've just finished and made the final pass really poorly.

But I do blame Moyes for not making substitutions earlier. Some fresh legs and pace around the 65 minute mark could have made a difference.
  • Life is too short to stress...This is life as a Hammer fan.

I know, I had grey hair at 6 :biggrin:
  • We are totally dependent on what other teams do because we are incapable of putting any kind of a run together. Stats may show we get 43% of our attempts on target but only about 1% result in a goal.
  • 14 shots. 6 on target. 0 goals.

Can't blame Moyes for this defeat, IMO.

He got it right until he got too scared to make a substitution. Players like Bowen were tiring and we had players on the bench who could've worked with the space. Players were missing chances so he should've looked at players who might've made something of them.
  • Brighton the only team to get anything, and only then a point. Not the worst situation for us but a big chance to give ourselves a few points cushion blown.

Still in big trouble and games are starting to run out.
  • How on earth did it take until 87 mins to get an attacking player on the pitch?

Surely you take Noble off for Lanzini or Anderson & you do that around the 70th minute Mark?