Arsenal v West Ham 7th March 2020 - 15:00

Comments

• :doh: sorry not one of my strong points
  • edited March 2020
    Really simple game plan for this, needs to be about hitting the ball in behind this high Arsenal back like. If we go left or right, Bowen or Antonio have a chance of getting in behind the fullback with their pace & Antonio’s power. If we go central, Haller has a chance of winning the flick on. I’d back Antonio to brush off all four of their backline in any 50-50. 7 times out of 10 it won’t work, but on the 3 times it does we should be in at their 18 yard box & then we have to be clinical. Pepe, Auba, Ozil & Nketiah will cause us problems at the back, as will their gun-ho LB Saka. We need to be focused at the back but this side are certainly nothing to fear & if we can cause Liverpool problems, there is no reason we cannot cause Arsenal issues too. Lacazette likes a goal against us but luckily the other two regulars - Walcott & Welbeck - won’t be about.

If Soucek is fit enough to start, & in no way a risk, he has to come in for me for Noble. The Liverpool game was too much for Nobes in terms of speed & I expect today to be similar.

Our chances in this game for me all boil down to Antonio. If he is ‘on it’, he will give that defence sleepless nights for the next week. If him & Haller carry out the link up play they have shown this season, that will be the key to this game.
  • Amazingly, Antonio & Haller have only started 5 games together all season:

City - lost 0-5
    Palace - lost 2-1
    Southampton - won 0-1
    Brighton - drew 3-3
    Southampton - won 3-1
  • And that’s the form lukerz that will keep us up imo

• From Sky Sports match preview
  • That’s more relevant if we’ve had a lot of shots.
  • The Arsenal look dodgy at the back

For starters; David Luiz.

Sadly they've dropped Sokratis who was pants and brought in Mustafi.

Both of their LBs Tierney and Kolasinac are injured, both bizarrely with shoulder injuries so they've been playing LM Bukayo Saka.

Tierney faces a late fitness test but he's not played since he got injured away at the London Stadium in December. If he started and got injured against us again would that be a record?
  • Their defence is poor and the Emirates is hardly a bear pit, so I just hope we get at them and give it everything to win. They’re a slightly above average PL side these days, nothing more.

I’d also like to see Noble miss out, but he won’t so I think we just have to accept he’ll be in the side.
  • I agree about Noble, should be on the bench. Think they should bring him on in the second half if needed.
  • The last time Noble wasn't in the starting XI we lost at home to Leicester

Maybe this lot aren't quite ready for life without Mr. Shouty.
  • Tomas on the bench but quite an attacking line up again
  • Fornals will need to play a lot deeper in this one
  • Plenty of options on the bench👍🏻
  • Sokratis at RB instead of Bellerin, Pablo Mari on loan from Flamengo given his first Premier League start at CB with no sign of Mustafi. Saka at LB and 20yo Eddie Nketiah who was on loan at Leeds for the first half of the season is starting ahead of Lacazette.

Arteta is certainly mixing his players around.
  • Got to target the RB, who is a carthorse at CB let alone full-back
  • Cant say I've followed Arsenal much, but what it sounds like is Arteta is starting to see some progress

But looking at that team....they do look very weak...and they will give us a lot of opportunities

I see a weak midfield from both teams in terms of strength

Got to not let then have space, Aubameyang is there big danger, and Ceballos and Ozil cant be allowed to pick out runs
  • Need to try and do everything we can to get a point here
  • Bowen hits the post and then Cresswell wastes the corner kick
  • Fornals booked. Needs to be careful now.
  • Real chance there but Antonio’s final pass was behind Haller.
  • Oh no, Noble is taking corners again...
  • Oh no, Noble is taking corners again...

It was better than Cresswell’s attempt
  • Their defence is abysmal. Can’t believe we haven’t capitalised.

Unfortunately neither Haller nor Antonio seem to be able to control, pass or finish today.
  • You'd imagine we will go in to lose this having missed so many chances.
  • If the wizard of Oz can grant Antonio and Haller the wish of a footballlers first touch during half time we will walk this.
  • Looking better now that we are pressing whether we can keep that up for 90 minutes who knows
  • If the wizard of Oz can grant Antonio and Haller the wish of a footballlers first touch during half time we will walk this.

Or Moyes could stick Antonio out right and put Bowen up top...simples
  • Can we get the Arsenal ball boys for the Olympic stadium? Very efficient
  • Feels like Arsenal getting on top now, going to be :( if we concede considering how well we have done so far.