Liverpool vs West Ham (away) 24th Feb 2020 - 20:00

1234568»

Comments

• This was like watching West Ham play under the Billic era. Full of nail biting moments and playing with heart. Despite losing, I enjoyed the journey and it was nice to actually enjoy watching West Ham play for a change.

On a side note, I'm glad Moyes brought Fornals on rather than Lanizini.
  • Shout out to the away fans as well. Peacefully protested the owners, some brilliant banners, never stopped supporting the team and sang for 90 minutes. Very proud to be a Hammer.
  • edited February 2020
    From the BBC match comments, cruel but funny.
    "Fabianski couldn't catch coronavirus on a cruise ship"

On another note, thought Ngakia looked useful, but he went AWOL for Mane's goal leaving him completely unmarked.
  • A terrific performance by everyone and I look forward to the last 11 games now without having been cut adrift over the last few weeks which I had expected to happen.

Hamstew;
    I still love him but Noble was poor again imo. Needs to be dropped.

I don't want to have to face this but it has become a truth. He still has a role to play but we need to be setting our team up to play without him as it will happen sooner rather than later.

I have nothing but respect and love for the guy and he is still one of our best passers with the vision to pick out a telling, defence splitting ball.
  • Watched the highlights again a few times and for their first goal when the ball went out to the right before being crossed in Noble was standing next to the ref just pointing.
    For their third he just turned his back and deflected it perfectly for them and time and again he was just bypassed
  • alderz said:

Great ball from Deccers btw, and a lovely finish

Honestly that boy could play anywhere. Left back, right back, centre back, on the wing, in the middle.
    He usually has to.
  • What a shame. Probably our best performance of the season but it fell on the day Fab has a stinker.

Lots of positives. Ngakia was terrific, Soucek sh
    owed what he can do, Rice was back to his best and Ogbonna, my HOTY, was again impressive.

The atmosphere was great and the anti Board demonstration was serious but good humoured with balloons, banners and lots of guys dressed in clowns wigs. :clown:

All we need now is to carry that performance into the Southampton game.

COYI
  • I just wish , after those mistakes, that they understand that's winning is what Moyes does
  • edited February 2020
    It really is getting boring now all these "winning - it's what I do" comments.
    It's about as funny as coronavirus - can we not give it a rest now.
    I'm pretty certain that Moyes regrets ever saying it.
    :scarf:
  • Lots of positives but if we cant hold a lead we wont survive

Granted liverpool are THAT good but it doesnt matter as we make these errors against EVERY and ANY OPPONENT
  • On the plus side only two teams have scored more than one goal in the league at Anfield this season, Everton were the other and they lost 5-2.
  • Declan Rice talking to Sky Sports:
    "We kept our shape well. Tonight was about getting up the pitch. I think Liverpool were probably a little bit surprised by the chances we created. Southampton is a massive game for us, there are positives to take from the last two games."

Sorry Deccers, what positives did you take from the Citeh game? :hmm:
  • Declan Rice talking to Sky Sports:
    "We kept our shape well. Tonight was about getting up the pitch. I think Liverpool were probably a little bit surprised by the chances we created. Southampton is a massive game for us, there are positives to take from the last two games."

Sorry Deccers, what positives did you take from the Citeh game? :hmm:

Zabaleta retired?
  • He put in a good performance in front of his future employers? :hmm:
  • Bubbles, I will be delighted & not bored at all if we keep winning. :whistle:
  • I regret that he ever said it cus clearly it is not what it says on the tin 🥫
  • edited February 2020
    Not if you ignore the context and the preceding sentence, no. That's how fake news happens, of course.
  • But it's always easier to ridicule someone if you don't care about accuracy.
  • I love Nobes but games like yesterday’s highlight all his flaws. He was out of his depth. The game was just too high skilled against that level of opposition.
  • Which bit of the interview did I miss ?
  • The bit where he preceded his oft-quoted remark with a reference to win % of managers who have managed for over a certain number of games. It was quite specific.
  • I just hope we get the 3 points against Southampton. I fear a loss at home will mentally set the team back too far.
  • A loss or draw against the saints will be the end for us imo.
  • Bit like saying benny was a prolific scorer for us, imo moyes since Everton as done nothing to suggest he’s a good manager Who can reach the Everton heights again I think his stint at Man U was a step up to far for him
  • Was he your first or second choice Cuz? :lol:
  • I’m baffled as to why the board deemed he wasn’t the man to take us forward so appoint another only to sack him and reappoint that same person who isn’t the man, confused u better believe I am
  • I think it was more Gold that wanted him back.
  • Cuz1 said:

Bit like saying benny was a prolific scorer for us, imo moyes since Everton as done nothing to suggest he’s a good manager Who can reach the Everton heights again I think his stint at Man U was a step up to far for him

Not really.

It’d be like the club after us saying “Benni is a prolific striker”. His record is prolific. But context assumes maybe out of date
  • For a change, I watched the match before reading any comments, and enjoyed it more. Couldn't slate anyone: Fab let in a howler, but made several key saves as well; Nobes was involved twice in our second goal and covered Rice when he roamed at will. The others played as a team, and I don't get this need to single out 'failures'; the team wins or loses as a unit. Picking on one player endlessly until they are dropped (and then picking on another player etc etc) seems pretty pointless.
    All my friends, football and non-football, reckoned the Hammers were brilliant. So did I.
This discussion has been closed.