IT’S BACK ON! Manchester City v West Ham Utd (19th February) - Match Thread

Comments

• Opinions, alderz.

I think Rice has been comfortably our best player. Yes, he's given it away a few times, but look at what he's playing with. Soucek, Snodgrass and Noble absolutely anonymous.
  • Lukerz said:

So we win 4-0 playing a 4-4-1-1 & then change to a back five & haven’t won since.

This is what baffles me. Yeah, Bournemouth were really bad at that moment, but surely the manager must see how poor we’ve been in a 5-3-1-1
  • Alan Smith with Commentator's Quote of the Season:

"If you can't win the league you want to finish second"
  • Does Noble never get tired of pointing.
  • Has that paint dried yet?
  • We are making up the numbers.
  • It's a shame that you know every ounce of talent from Bowen is about to be sucked right out of him over the next few months.
  • Bowen thinks we have players who actually make runs in behind.
  • Bowen thought he was back in the Championship then. He passed the ball forward thinking a man would run onto it.

Welcome to West Ham Jarrod
  • It's a shame that you know every ounce of talent from Bowen is about to be sucked right out of him over the next few months.

Can't blame him for the move really. He'll earn somewhere near £800,000 between signing last month and leaving in June.
  • #winningiswhatido
  • We normally lose by 4 or 5 to City, so I consider 2-0 a win :whistle:
  • Dull. Bed time.
  • City won that at a canter. Do they really think they can survive by only losing games 2-0. We desperately need to be more adventurous but I don’t think we have it in us.
  • I think Moyes will think that 2-0 is a good result. Get ready for a similar line up against Liverpool.
  • Embarrassed to be a fan :weep:
  • But a far worse result.
  • Lost again an it was not an unexpected result. The WHU formation was for defending and the hope that we might nick a breakaway goal. That requires pace and precision passing. We had little of both. Both goals from bad defending. Fredericks was not aware what was going on around him and Masuraku was caught napping for the second goal. OK we kept City down to two goals but hardly posed any threat and never looked like scoring. The games are running out and and the next one at Liverpool is very tough. Moyes needs to change formation for the next game. Zabaleta can't play wing-back and Bowen needs to play. We had over nearly £100m of players that did not start the game, a terrible incitement of recent player recruitment.
  • What a horrible watch that was.I know there’s a massive gulf between the two sides but that was purely an exercise in trying to keep the score down from us.Alan Smith summed it up perfectly “It’s not really a contest is it?”
    Half empty stadium, no atmosphere and like he said,no contest.I just wanted it to end.
    Awful.
  • Moyes is well chuffed with that

Was damage limitation from the start
  • Why do I put myself through it ?
    It's gruelling, it's absolute misery -
    I really must stop myself reading the match threads :whistle:
  • Hamstew said:

I think Moyes will think that 2-0 is a good result. Get ready for a similar line up against Liverpool.

To be fair losing 2-0 is a good result against them :lol:

• Hamstew said:

I think Moyes will think that 2-0 is a good result. Get ready for a similar line up against Liverpool.

Yup. Reckon these two games are all about protecting the goal difference and targeting the Southampton, Watford, Burnley, Norwich, Newcastle and Villa games for points.

May pay off, but it's a huge risk.
  • First time this season we’ve not had a shot on target and 3 was the fewest attempts this season. Comes to something when we can’t even shoot wide.
  • The problem that I get so sick and tired of pointing out was so totally in evidence tonight.
    We spend good money on new players a forward and midfield player both decent players.
    We play Man City in a game we are not going to win so we could try and get them to play together so that when we play a so called lesser team they know each other a bit.

I know says the manager lets play Noble again in midfield and leave out our expensive striker and give our new midfield star 10 minutes which is totally pointless when the game is already lost .How are we ever going to progress at all if we continue playing a player so poor he would never get into any other championship let alone premier league team.

This club is pathetic.
  • OCS the trouble is we rarely beat those sides.
  • edited February 2020
    And this

"36 points left to play for, so far Moyes has picked up 5 from 21 available."

• edited February 2020

OCS the trouble is we rarely beat those sides.

Absolutely agree. The Brighton game alone is proof that we can't gamble on winning the 'easier' games, but I think that's Moyes' plan.
  • Rice has got to be made captain; at least he is verbal on the pitch. Noble should be on the bench and we have got to work out how we get more out of Haller. Antonio puts a lot of effort in but no finishing skills. we still dont seem fit or strong; we lose out in one on ones most of the time and some of our passing is very poor.
    I still think we will stay up.
This discussion has been closed.