IT’S BACK ON! Manchester City v West Ham Utd (19th February) - Match Thread

Comments

• Oh well, the next game is against Liverpool! I am sure Moyes would use the intervening time to increase fitness of players as most seem to have no legs after 60 minutes, and also develop tactical awareness. Live in hope.
  • Meanwhile, I'm in the weird position of hoping for the Blunts to win, and I'm sure I'm not alone. :wahoo: :biggrin:
  • Second best result this season (after Chelsea).
  • Maybe will give time for Moyes to work out his best XI

He likes a back 5, does Rice play in the middle or at the back given Souceks arrival and the poor form of our CBs?

Does he drop Noble, or Snodgrass who is one of our few in form players

Does Bowen automatically start in place of Haller

Where does Anderson fit in

Fab
    Frederick's Diop Ogbonna Rice Cresswell
    Snodgrass Noble Soucek
    Bowen Antonio
  • edited February 2020
    imagine Antonio shooting in this weather, would probably see his shot sail over the Etihad and up into the upper atmosphere.
  • imagine Antonio shooting in this weather, would probably see his shot sail over the Etihad and up into the upper atmosphere.

It’d be like one of those plastic balls we all had as kids in the 90s
  • I wonder what this means for our winter break? We haven’t announced our plans yet, so I’m guessing the players will have part of the coming week off, then maybe warm weather training before the Liverpool game
  • Howe is better than Moyes
  • edited February 2020

:doh:
  • Watching the Sheffield match, how is the weather in Manchester so much worse? Soft northern jessies (the manc ones).
  • Other side of the Pennines. Can get v different weather
  • Blunts score :wahoo:
  • How low have we become to cheer a blunts goal :nonono:
  • The weather in Manchester is bright sunshine, with a touch of wind.
  • Although this morning was heavy rain and very windy.
  • blunts score ,blunts score :whistle:
  • edited February 2020
    Whoever made the decision to cancel the match made it much too early by the looks.
    We should get the three points as a forfeit
  • Pretty sure if it had gone ahead an Ogbonna clearance would have met a massive gust of wing that swung it back into an own goal.
  • Whoever made the decision to cancel the match made it much too early by the looks.
    We should get the three points as a forfeit

No. They made it far too late. Majority of Hammers on their way at 11am, except for Preston who was still in bed :lol:
  • Hahaha. When Herbie rung I was indeed in bed but when I looked out of the window, the trees were bent at a 45 degree angle and it was bucketing it down.
  • Good stiff upper lip training
  • I did end up playing and my team ended up losing 9-1 because someone turned up 25 minutes late and then when he turned up was so bad it was somehow worse than playing with a man down. So hopefully I've absorbed all the goals Man City will score and we'll get a point from this game.
  • I did end up playing and my team ended up losing 9-1 because someone turned up 25 minutes late and then when he turned up was so bad it was somehow worse than playing with a man down. So hopefully I've absorbed all the goals Man City will score and we'll get a point from this game.

Can't confirm whether that person was Carlos Sanchez.
  • Yeah, but was Roberto in goal? :whistle:

Can't confirm whether that person was Carlos Sanchez.
    25 minutes late does match his M.O.
  • Quite right too. Winter break, init.
  • :ok:

If the purpose of a break is to allow the players time off then they should definitely leave it. Yeah they’ve not played, but I would rather they had a few days away from training to maybe get some time with family and friends to get into a good headspace
  • 3 weeks shove last game. Feels like our torture and must have being out on hold.
  • Sorry what? 😉
This discussion has been closed.