IT’S BACK ON! Manchester City v West Ham Utd (19th February) - Match Thread

Comments

• You know Ogbona would end up knocking out Diop with that.
  • Well, someone needs to.
  • Might be best to play Noble in the next two games and leave Soucek and Bowen on the bench.

They could both get so demoralised playing and getting smashed with this rabble against City and Liverpool . It could ruin them completely and they will just become the same as the other West Ham players before they have had at least a chance of improving the team.

Just let Noble run around chasing shadows for the next 2 as he does in most games anyway and then bring them both back fresh for a couple of games we have a bit of a chance in.
  • Might be best to play Noble in the next two games and leave Soucek and Bowen on the bench.

They could both get so demoralised playing and getting smashed with this rabble against City and Liverpool . It could ruin them completely and they will just become the same as the other West Ham players before they have had at least a chance of improving the team.

Just let Noble run around chasing shadows for the next 2 as he does in most games anyway and then bring them both back fresh for a couple of games we have a bit of a chance in.

That’s unfair on noble
  • imagelost said:

Might be best to play Noble in the next two games and leave Soucek and Bowen on the bench.

That’s unfair on noble
    My older bother took me to West Ham in very early 70s to watch West Ham reserves , he slaughtered them ,,and bobby Moore was in the team,, “ a man who lifted the World Cup”

Respect
  • Just a heads up but the weather forecast for Sunday is predicting the worst storm since 1987 with 40-50mph winds. This could be fun...
  • Could be a 'leveller'! :lol:
  • Could be a 'leveller'! :lol:

So we only lose 4-0 then?
  • What!

I was thinking Man City may have a chance of a draw now. :biggrin:
  • We have to chase them down and press them. Sit deep and we're in trouble. Palace did them last year, there's hope.....admittedly perhaps not a lot!
  • 20-1 for a win, 10-1 for a draw. If the bad weather levels things up a bit these odds might be tempting.
  • I got 22-1 with b365 last week. Rude not to (though also stupid to)
  • edited February 2020
    COYI

Let’s do this today. Gonna change my mindset & be positive.

Easiest thing to do is play 5 at the back, with the two quick full-backs, & let Antonio & Bowen do their thing up top. Looking forward to seeing what the latter has to offer. Rice/Soucek/Noble in the middle (is what I suspect).

Season starts here.
  • McHammer said:

I got 22-1 with b365 last week. Rude not to (though also stupid to)

I done 25/1 with Bill Hill ..................... COYI
  • Bet365 must know something there only giving 16/1 :lol:
  • Game is off apparently
  • Is there a noun or phrase that describes our collective behaviour of madness that makes us poor Hammers fans chuck our money away because the odds are so great ? I know it is insane but I still do it !
  • Yep, game postponed due to weather is being reported by Sky.
  • edited February 2020
    I knew we wouldn't lose today! :biggrin: s'pose that means Stirling will be fit next time?
  • Our best performance of the season.
  • I hope it’s delayed for a while. Could really save us falling behind
  • edited February 2020
    I'm happy. More chance for Antonio to get fitter.

But gutted for the fans that have traveled.
  • Outcast :ok:

This could be a real blessing. Given City are still in all three cup competitions, this could be squeezed in now towards the back end of the season.

Just got to get Liverpool away out the way & allows us now 3 weeks between games to get the remaining injured players fit.
  • Damn. I’d prefer to get this Man City game and Liverpool out of the way. The last thing I would want is for this game to rescheduled during our decent run of games, affecting our flow.
  • In a 3 hour road closure on the M1at the moment. Now they call it off. 30 minutes earlier and all would be well. :weep:

COYI
  • I blame the board.
  • I blame Moyes cus he said wins that’s what I do :lol:
  • Probably meant wind that’s what I talk
  • edited February 2020
    "Win - that's what I do", if Carlsberg did most boring statement :whistle: :whistle:
This discussion has been closed.