West Ham Vs Brighton 6 point battle (1 Feb match thread)

Comments

• Shocking that

To be comfortable and throw it all away

That could be the difference between going down and staying up

Nothing Moyes can do when these players dont even act like professional athletes

Shocking
  • Stupid mistakes. Onwards and upwards!
  • We deserve everything we get IMO, toothless...this is the reality, Luke, sorry mate, but if u only felt we are going down now then u are late to the party!!!.
    Life is this, up's and down's, let's hope we can just pull it off....but really, IMO we deserve championship football next year.
  • I can’t see us getting out of the bottom three again this season. We could be adrift after our next two games and the ones after that aren’t any easier.
  • Lukerz said:

Great bringing Moyes back. Should have spent the £20m on Bowen on a decent manager

How can you blame Moyes for this. Some shocking defending led to their goals.
  • Lukerz
    "Great bringing Moyes back. Should have spent the £20m on Bowen on a decent manager"

How on earth can you blame Moyes for the mistakes by Fab and Diop/Ogbonna.
  • Just seen their second again, I never want to see it again :weep:
  • Still trying to work out how the ball stopped if it didn't hit something and if it did hit something how could it not have been his arm? is the VAR operator rewriting physics?

This aside we had our chances and shouldn't have allowed them to come back with two comical goals.
  • edited February 2020

I can’t see us getting out of the bottom three again this season. We could be adrift after our next two games and the ones after that aren’t any easier.

Southampton, Wolves, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea. Disaster
  • Is that now 19 points dropped from a winning position.
  • So we change the shape and throw away a lead gifting two goals, #wininngiswhatidont
  • edited February 2020
    Moyes changed the shape and made those substitutions. He has to take part of the blame.

Moyes is not the answer imo.
  • He was never my choice either first or second time around
  • When Antonio went off we no longer posed any threat of pace and aggression.

The 2 new guys must be thinking that they at least get to spend a couple of well-paid months in London before they move to a team that can play football.

Can someone tell me what's the point of Haller in this formation?

What do they practise in training?

Anyone really think that Jarrod Bowen will make a difference?
  • Forget all the changed the shape rubbish. Professional footballers at any level shouldn’t make the kind of mistakes our clowns make.
    You may get the odd one in a game but we make half a dozen every game.
  • Terrible result, not Moyes at fault. No manager can account for individual mistakes, Fab has to take the blame for their first, ogbonna and diop for their second. If those defenders can't stop making stupid mistakes then we will go down and that would be absolutely disastrous for us.

Still have hope that we will stay up, I'll not give up till it's mathematically impossible. Defense needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and someone has to take control, be a leader.
  • What a disappointing end to the game. We needed three points and the game was in the bag before defenders went to sleep. Antonio was the star player and his injury forced Moyes' hand. But as soon as he went off the rest of the team fell apart. The first lesson for any centre-back is to clear the line, but Ogbonna, Diop and Fabianski gave a goal away. May be a point is better than nothing but still very disappointing.

WHU in the bottom three now and the next two games are against MAN C and Liverpool. The outlook does not look good and we still need 6 wins.
  • Forget all the changed the shape rubbish. Professional footballers at any level shouldn’t make the kind of mistakes our clowns make.
    You may get the odd one in a game but we make half a dozen every game.

It’s not rubbish.
  • I've always been a glass half full type of person and supporter. This morning I was convinced we would stay up. After that result, and looking at the next six games, I can't see how we will get out of the drop zone. Still.....this IS West Ham and we are just as likely to beat City and get a bore draw against Liverpool.......Nurse !!!
  • edited February 2020
    In previous relegation battles I’ve always thought, up until it was mathematically impossible, that we would have enough fight, determination and bothered to keep us up.

Even in the Grant season I never lost hope.

After that game and result....hope has left the building.

:(
  • We had a month to get another forward and only managed one at the last minute. If Bowen was eligible to play he would have replaced Antonio and helped to maintain pressure on the Brighton back line. After Antonio left, there was no pressure on the Brighton and they came streaming forward. I have not watched MOTD for a long while and won't be doing so tonight either.
  • This is the first time this season I am genuinely angry at the club, it’s a new level of pathetic
  • We go down and we are down for a long time imo. In that stadium :weep:
  • Not sure if I am more sad :weep: or angry :angry:
  • I've come out the other side now. I don't care gonna enjoy my Saturday evening with my family. Not gonna let them planks ruin it.
  • Every club goes through a bad spell but ours has lasted since September. There’s absolutely no excuse for some of the stupid errors our defence commits.
    Bournemouth climb out of the bottom three by winning two consecutive home games. We’ve won one, against Bournemouth in the last 4 months.
  • Hamstew said:

I can’t see us getting out of the bottom three again this season. We could be adrift after our next two games and the ones after that aren’t any easier.

Have you watched the premier league this season? These certainly aren’t unbeatable teams. The top 6 teams other than Liverpool and Man City are nowhere near the levels they were in previous seasons. Tough? Yes. Disaster? No.
  • edited February 2020
    Adam said:

Hamstew said:

Have you watched the premier league this season? These certainly aren’t unbeatable teams. The top 6 teams other than Liverpool and Man City are nowhere near the levels they were in previous seasons. Tough? Yes. Disaster? No.
    Lol have you seen us this season? Disaster yes imo.
  • If we can pick up 3 points against this Disaster team .might just make it :whistle:
  • edited February 2020
    I agree Ham.

We just dont have it in us.
This discussion has been closed.