January Transfer Deadline Day

Comments

• Moose has just tweeted that Bowen has passed the medical and will sign this evening.
  • All quite on the Winston Reid front. Lots of talk that he was going to the MLS on loan, but I've heard nothing today.
  • Brilliant, I can go to bed early. 😜
  • Winston Reid should stay here forever and be my best friend
  • alderz said:

:wahoo:

• alderz said:

Winston Reid should stay here forever and be my best friend

Football friend
  • Jacob Steindberg says Bowen is asking for a release clause
  • heard somewhere it would be a summer move for reid
  • Neil Warnock is coming across as a nice guy on Sky.

The magic of Transfer Deadline Day :wahoo:
  • Neil Warnock is coming across as a nice guy on Sky.

The magic of Transfer Deadline Day :wahoo:

That’s because he said some nice things about us!
  • Jim White has gone all casual. No yellow tie :nonono:
  • My worry is that the noises almost imply he is not that keen to sign for us
  • Yeah, it's not exactly screaming 'show me where to sign', is it.

I guess the argument is that he's protecting his future, but it does seem to be dragging on and there do seem to be a lot of conditions.
  • Lukerz said:

My worry is that the noises almost imply he is not that keen to sign for us

Not necessarily. Seems to me he wants to join but doesn’t want to be in the championship next year. If we stay up he’s golden, but if we do he wants assurances. Don’t blame him tbh
  • Well Hull aren’t going up so I would take my chances if I was him.
  • Think he was always leaving hull and I say fair play if he signs, to join in a relegation battle shows me he’s keen to join but obviously protecting his own career Imo
  • Gabigol didn't want to sign for us as weren't a big enough club for him but if you listen to Tim Vickery he reckons he won't get a chance to come to the Premier League now as the big 6 aren't interested in signing players of his age and thought he should have come to West Ham in the hope of proving himself and moving on in a year of two.
  • You cannot have the rest of the team with a relegation clause and a new player without one will cause dressing room problems . Sounds like his agent trying to get bigger wages

No, plf. You must give the player the wages he asks for and agree to all the favourable clauses he wants. That way, you keep the existing players on side, you get a player who's not just here for the pay check and you strengthen your position in any future transfer negotiations.

:hmm:

Yeah I think I've got that right.

And then, as a bonus, the fans love you.

That's how it works :thumbsup:
  • All quite on the Winston Reid front. Lots of talk that he was going to the MLS on loan, but I've heard nothing today.

I think the US window closes end of February so still time for him to go.
  • Lukerz said:

Well Hull aren’t going up so I would take my chances if I was him.

Well, yeah, but he wants to be in the Premier League beyond May. Maybe staying at Hull means he’s got more chance of moving in the summer than getting relegated with us. Idk, all speculation, innit
  • Are you a football agent Mrs grey ? :lol:
  • I think someone mentioned his contract is up in the summer, meaning the club sweating more than us is Hull! no time now for medicals at other clubs so if he turns us down they lose him for nothing in the summer. He may not mind too much as this interest may have given him confidence he can move with a good signing on fee in the summer. Its a good deal for him and for Hull as we are quite rightly having to pay over the odds due to our desperation.
  • As long as he is in London or on a train to London?
  • According to transfermarkt, Hull have an option for a year extension
  • Hull have the option to extend his contract for another year at the end of the season, so he possibly has 18 months to run on his existing contract.
  • Medical in Leeds so he could still sign for them or another northern club. :whistle:
  • £25mil!!!!

For a player with 18 months left on his contract

This is why you move early and dont leave it till the last day (hour) of the window...completely robbed of any negotiating power