January Transfer Deadline Day

Comments

• At 15.47 BBC saying "Bowen's move to West Ham off?".

Who be a West Ham fan - bad for your ticker.
  • Apologies Ham. I actually had some work to do briefly, then had to wait for a pharmacist to get back from Costa, then pick my boy up from the childminder and get him up to speed with the Bowen deal.

May be off grid for a bit again as I've got to do his dinner soon, then his bedtime. Hope to be back for 7ish.

This is the last Transfer Deadline Day my other half is allowed to go out on.

Can't your son have dinner tomorrow instead?
  • edited January 2020
    Pengeman

At 15.47 BBC saying "Bowen's move to West Ham off ?".
    Fixed it for ya.

I think that question mark needs to be emphasised, otherwise it looks like a statement.
    :ok:
  • He wants to go to Newcastle, yesterday he preferred Crystal Palace. Let's just sign him or ELSE!
  • Give him what he wants...even if its £60k

Jesus Yarmolenko is on almost £120k
  • Buy him for 20 mil ny on and pay him not what the going rate his sounds about right
  • We tried to get signings in etc..
  • Give him the money.
  • Pengeman said:

At 14.58 Shy Sports Transfer News says "BOWEN TO WEST HAM STALLS
    The Deadline Day deal for Jarrod Bowen to join West Ham has stalled – over personal terms.
    The Hull City attacking midfielder has been offered a 5 and a half year deal – with a £20m fee agreed between the clubs.
    Bowen had been asking for around £60k-a-week.
    His medical is continuing and there’s still a hope that a deal on wages can be agreed".

Fingers crossed. Hope all will be resolved in good time.

West Ham want a clause in his contract that if we are relegated he will take a cut in salary. He’s not happy with this.

• But apparently all our other players have it.
  • Don't give him the money
  • If they’d sorted our squad out properly in the summer we probably wouldn’t have been in a relegation fight anyway.
  • He probably believes it ain’t his fault there in this position :lol:
  • Cuz1 said:

He probably believes it ain’t his fault there in this position :lol:

Of course it’s his fault, we’re blaming everyone else

• edited January 2020
    So need the player to stop us going down wont pay him if we do increasing the chance to go down, stick to selling the mags diddy Dave
  • Report is he is on £9k a week and if we were to get relegated his salary with us would drop to £21K a week!
  • ExWHUEmployee says "Bowen stalled over his contract and not wanting a relegation wages drop of 50 percent (which all players have) but he is on way to ground and the club are still hopeful of getting it done".

But such clauses are common and apparently all EPL players have them. I guess Bowen thinks that his bonanza could be be short-lived if WHU go down. If WHU give in to Bowen's demand then all other players would be very upset, if the worst happens.

One way of resolving this deadlock may be to offer Bowen some kind of bonus for goals scored or bonus after X number of games, as our need is desperate and we need someone to score goals as Haller and AJeti have been firing blanks.
  • It’s transfer deadline day or as they say at West Ham it’s Friday
  • What a great incentive for a player to sign for you in January.
    If we get relegated you take a pay cut. Why sign for a side that is so poor and clearly doesn’t think it is going to stay in the premier league when you can probably get a decent properly run club? No wonder the move stalled.
  • Apparently Sanchez has joined Granada on loan.
  • Boy's asleep.

So, what have I missed? Bowen confirmed? Right back in talks? Sanchez to Barca?
  • Hamstew said:

Apparently Sanchez has joined Granada on loan.

:kanye: JeanLucPicardWhat
  • Ex now reporting that the club are unsure whether the Bowen deal will be completed.

Irons.
  • If it comes to the pre prepared statement "We tried but we just couldn't get the deals over the line" I will not be responsible for my actions or words!
  • You cannot have the rest of the team with a relegation clause and a new player without one will cause dressing room problems . Sounds like his agent trying to get bigger wages
  • Bowen agrees Hammers terms

David Burns
    BBC Radio Humberside
    Jarrod Bowen has agreed personal terms on his move from Hull to West Ham.

That is a £20m-plus deal.
  • alderz said:

:wahoo:

:wahoo:
  • Sounds promising