West Ham vs Liverpool, 29th January, 19:45

Comments

• IMO not sure Lanzini needs being singled out for the 1st half there...IMO he was no better or worse than most..

I’m just not sure what he’s done, at all? Haller has been anonymous, but also that’s expected when the team don’t get out of their half. Lanzini has been on the ball a fair amount and offered nothing.

Noble & Snodgrass have had a poor half too
  • I just don’t get that that was not ruled handball by Firmino in the build up. It hits his arm, & you can’t score a goal from handball, & it leads to a penalty.
  • I thought it was debatable that it hit his hand. Didn’t seem conclusive imo
  • It didn’t lead directly to a goal and it’s Liverpool.
  • half chance for Lanzini on the penalty spot. Scuffed
  • We get into promoting positions and then go back and back and back. And then get hit on a counter from our own corner.
  • DAMAGE CONTROL NOW
  • How many times do we concede a goal from our own corner. Been doing it for years. Farcical.
  • That’s 2 so it really is game over. Let’s hope they ease off now to keep it below 4.
  • School boy error. Don’t let the ball bounce!

• we had a shot on target
  • To be fair to Lanzini he absolutely bust a gut to try and get back there
  • Floodgates
  • Big chance for Ogbonna
  • Sounds like we are just bottling chances
  • Lanzini=scapegoat IMO, not his preffered position, but regardless come on Fornals.
  • Lanzini has been rubbish, it’s not about him being a scapegoat he is just clearly massively out of form. I can’t understand how he starts ahead of Fornals, but with 20 minutes ago I’m not sure why we’re staying with 5 at the back
  • I felt bad for Lanzini when he came off, with those ironic cheers. Even though I agree with the substitution.
  • Rice should have scored
  • IMO lanzini was no worse than others, he played in a position that isn't his choice, Moyes a manager for how long sees fit to play him before Foranls, good enough for me.
  • Fornals wasteful there :whistle:
  • never gonna score :(
  • I’m not sure what Lanzini has done to impress you so much, jay, but I’m glad someone other than Moyes can see something worthwhile in his performances
  • Alderz, thanks for ur comment, I just feel there are many players who are not on top form, Haller, Noble, Snodgrass, but to make it just about Lanzini, IMO no chance.
  • Haller doesn’t do enough for me
  • Not seen a single comment that Lanzini is the only issue? As I said at halftime, Noble and Snodgrass were poor, Haller isolated.

Lanzini is out of form, my saying so isn’t making him a scapegoat.
  • And let's be real Fornals has been perhaps even more useless than Lanzini since coming on.
  • edited January 2020
    Haller only sees a teammate at half time
  • He’s not done a lot, no. But again, that doesn’t mean Lanzini is playing well. Both things are true, IMO.

My feeling is that, on recent form, Fornals is more deserving of a start, as Lanzini needs to be taken out of the firing line for a minute.
  • edited January 2020
    Alderz, if not u, many choose to slate Lanzini, if he'd just did what Fornals did with that effort, u can only imagine...just my opinion tho Alderz.
This discussion has been closed.