WBA (H) 4th Rnd FA Cup 3pm Saturday 25 Jan - the return of the beard

Comments

• edited January 2020

Jay

I do as you say understand that Noble is an improvement on Sanchez. My point though is that we were chasing the game and we needed to change things and get a bit more drive in the side. Mark will always try his heart out and I love him for always trying his best for the club but he just doesn't give you anything more than just somebody who tries hard .
    West Ham should have much better players than we have in this absolutely awful squad.

Hutton :ok: .....Sadly shows our lack of depth, or to decide to let our best youth players go on loan & have very liitle in reserve..
    I said b4 the game that PL survival is my main priority, but I very much doubt this performance would have boosted any little confidence we had...

It is a desperate/sad situation we are in, best to laugh about it, otherwise all our lives will be very dark grey.
  • Hutton - apart from Martin the other substituted were Cardoso (CB) Ngakia (FB) and Dan Kemp (???)
  • I bet we get a few more injuries after this game .

Can you imagine what Liverpool will do to this West Ham team . No matter who from our gutless squad plays.

Liverpool have pace, passion , skill , fight , a fantastic manager etc all we will be lucky to have is 11 men on the pitch.

It is frightening that it has got so bad
  • All is darkest before the dawn .and you have to hit rock bottom before start the climb up ……...Perhaps this is it :pray:
  • Jay

I agree with your thoughts.

I will try and be a bit more cheerful even though I find what the two David’s and Brady have done to this club makes my blood boil!!!
  • Thankfully Hammerhead won his mascot race otherwise the day really would have been a write off.
  • steve said:

All is darkest before the dawn .and you have to hit rock bottom before start the climb up ……...Perhaps this is it :pray:

Steve,

There is a wrecking ball/express train heading south from Merseyside to arrive on Wednesday evening which will make it even darker. Dawn will break on Thursday and we will have two days to bring in the 2/3 players we will need to stand any chance of staying up, but that is just MHO.
  • What on earth does David Moyes do?

You cannot blame him as he tried his best with what we have.

Sometimes you feel you can discuss how the manager should approach the next games and which players would be best to play etc but I honestly do not know what David can do to get a result in any of the games we have coming up.

The team is afflicted with the West Ham disease.
    Most of our players cannot play anywhere near their true potential or just become injured so they don't have to play in such an awful team.

We should have had a few targets in mind in the transfer window and been willing to pay good money for them . Not many clubs want to loan out decent players but for some reason all we seem to ever want is loan players.
  • Hope the players read the media reports. We’ve been described as feeble, woeful and worse so maybe they might try to wake up before it’s too late.
  • edited January 2020
    Luckily my 7 year old doesn't seem to care that we are pants. He even said sorry to me that we lost.
  • Why does Moyes persist with Lanzini, a waste of time and space. Useless.
  • Because moyes isn’t the man either
  • edited January 2020
    Slav had to go, but what a neat team he has built there. Loved that CM that dictated play
  • I seriously don't think we would be in this mess if Fabianski hadn't been injured so much this season and if we had got a box to box midfielder with pace to drive the team on from midfield. Isn't that the exact type of player we have been crying out for during the last year or two. Don't worry we will continue to try to loan a player and then end up with our third or fourth option come midnight on the 31st. Argentine full back linked and we are reported to have offered half the asking price but that is the West Ham way!
  • Just got in what to say about that performance. The fact it took till the 90th min to have a shot on target against a championship side playing with 10 for the last 20 mins says a lot. Some abysmal performances balbulena was as bad as seen anyone play in a long time , Lanzini should have gone off instead of Fornals . I can’t remember a game with so much bad passing simple balls given away time and again. Zab and rice were probably our best attacking players , Ajeti worked hard and made a few things happen . Haller was doing his best sulky anekla impression . We were lucky not to concede more the squad looks bereft of confidence and Moyes has little option but to send the same players out time after time
  • It really is a mis-match squad. I think this one may have less pace than the last Moyes inherited (the explosiveness of Arnie - Lanzini had enough to get away before injury). Obiang was a really solid option also, always rated him. Its easy to identify random transfer targets, but who really wants to join even with buckets of cash thrown at them. Moyes needs a 1-2 special players or he stands no chance with this lot. Hopefully Anderson and Antonio can get full fitness and stay that way - maybe just enough
  • Fed up.....enough said
  • Today has made my mind up on whether or not to renew my season ticket for next season. I’ve said it before on this forum that I put a lot of time, effort, and money into supporting this team and that endeavour isn’t reciprocrated by the “players”. I’m feeling pretty miffed by it all.
  • Don't blame you mate. Went today and was pathetic. I won't be going back until someone at the club makes the effort the fans do.
  • Just watching MOTD Newcastle v Oxford.
    Marcus Browne for Oxford looked really good, just the sort of player we could do with right now - too bad Pelle let him go.
  • I mean....he actually plays for Boro and they obviously thought he wasnt going to get enough football at them...hence the loan

Dont think he would've solved our problems
  • Hamstew said:

Don't blame you mate. Went today and was pathetic. I won't be going back until someone at the club makes the effort the fans do.

TBH, I'm not sure that they played that good to be called pathetic :angry:
  • Watching yesterday’s game it was like they were trying to lose maybe it’s part of Moyes master plan :wahoo:
  • I'm normally an armchair viewer, but made the trip over from Ireland, with fairly low expectations, but even those were too high. A day summed up by being passed by David Sullivan' Rolls Royce on the way to the stadium, and the 85th minute advert on the big screen that said "Stomach or digestive troubles?" Judging from the pain and anguish of the regular fans around me, the answer was a resounding "yes". A sad day and probably the beginning of a tough week.
  • Football is supposed to make you forget your woes and bring you enjoyment .
    When I started watching West Ham I always felt we could give any team a good game and the effort expended by the players made you love them whatever .
    Over the years I have watched , Moore , Bonds , Brooking , Devonshire , Cole , Holland , Parker, and the likes of Clyde Best. They epitomized what a West Ham player was they had skill but they also had a fight and determination that made you love them.

Today’s current squad are paid much more than any of the players mentioned but none of them other than Mark Noble show the desire and passion that is required to be loved by West Ham fans or to be honest a Premier league footballer.

The majority of West Ham players . (None of the problems are David Moyes fault) should be ashamed of the way they perform and the effort they put in.

This club needs a new long term plan and a good clear out of players so that it can actually start to look forward with some hope.

The way the club is going now it is just dying slowly week after week.
  • Hutton

I have never once relied on West Ham to make me forget my woes or to fuel my happy place.

I have family, friends and gin for that :biggrin:

It’s true a win makes you feel great and a loss not so much. But if I hung my mental health on West Ham I’d have been wearing one of those jackets that do up at the back decades ago.

Today’s ‘happy place fuel’ Argos with be delivering my new vacuum cleaner within the next 3 hours. :wahoo:
  • Hamstew said:

Luckily my 7 year old doesn't seem to care that we are pants. He even said sorry to me that we lost.

Proper supporter your boy. :clap: :clap:
  • edited January 2020
    Hello

I’ve moved the comments about the owners into its own thread.

Please PM if I’ve missed some.

/over and out
  • Regardless of the result, but how sad how many of our players are playing like they have never played before.
    Balbuena, what happened, every ball he gave away.
    Haller- A sulk deluxe, don't like him TBH, he just gives a bad attitude across, whether that'sjust him I don't know, but he just comes over as one of those French dudes...
    Sanchez- Oh dear, that's a poor excuse as a footballer, and whoever saw fit to buy him, they need to get out of the game NOW.
    Lanzini- my favorite player, but wow his performances this season in general have been shocking.
    We are in general showing all signs of lacking confidence & Liverpool to play next, TBH I have already conceded that we will be going down, some will argue, but let's all be honest if yesterday & most of the season is anything to go by, we are 1 of the 3 worst teams in th PL.
This discussion has been closed.