WBA (H) 4th Rnd FA Cup 3pm Saturday 25 Jan - the return of the beard

Comments

• Good point, OCS (I know this is late, but I'm 8 hours out of GMT) But I still agree totally with Alderz. Just thought I'd exercise my right to vent positively ;)
  • I don’t think we will get points in any game we play currently and haven’t for a while.
    It is fine saying you think we can knick a point from games but watching West Ham play doesn’t often back that theory up.

There has not been a cohesion to the way West Ham play for a long time and we very rarely dominate teams unless like Bournemouth they are playing terribly. However that is only a couple of times a season.
    If a team is half decent and works hard we will often be thumped or at best lose to a late goal.

How can anyone be positive about the current West Ham side?

We are rudderless from the top down and there does not seem to be a plan on or off the pitch to move things forward.

I like many others have supported West Ham through all the bad times and the occasional good times but what is going on at a club that is the 18 th richest in the world is depressing and shameful to owners who promised lots but have done absolutely nothing to back up those promises.

It wouldn’t be so bad if the players seemed to try in games but there is no team spirit or excitement watching West Ham play.

It is fine and easy to say let’s all be positive but what exactly is there to be positive about?
    Especially as it looks with the games we have left and the poor squad we have that relegation is on the cards.

We really should as a club be doing far better and I myself would love to feel we were going to get something from games but i rarely think we are good enough to beat anyone.
  • I like many others have supported West Ham through all the bad times and the occasional good times

See, this is the part I struggle with. Personally, I don’t think it’s “support” to only ever spread negativity. If I was supportive to my girlfriend in the way you’re supportive of West Ham then I don’t think I’d have a girlfriend anymore.

Each to their own, but I believe that supporting is about more than throwing the towel in and slagging everything off.
  • edited January 2020
    IronHerb said:

No I didn't say that unless you have access to my posts IH , do you??? I just couldn't agree with Alderz saying that he felt we could "nick something for every game he had ever seen"...that I can't get my head around....Is that OK with u Iron Herb?...

Why the aggression jay?

Anyway.

"One part of your post does intrigue me, where you said that you feel we could nick something from any game, Iv'e been a fan longer than you, I know that because I'm older than you.. ;) I have felt that few and far between, mainly recently during Slav's 1st season, but apart from that, can't agree.."

So what are you saying?
    IH...Pls try to understand....

I said I have felt that few and far between, So what I am saying is that I NORMALLY feel we won't get anything from the game, whether that's b4 kick off, after 30 minutes or whatever, not never.
    I mentioned Slav's 1st season, as that season whoever we played I felt like Alderz stated he does in EVERY match we play, we were capable of beating anyone/nicking points. That is the statement what I just can't agree with him,that he feels like it in EVERY game he watches/we play, but I also said Good for him, I am happy he feels that way, just I and quite a few others ( not just on this site ) do not feel like that.
    I really do hope this clarifies what I said. :ok:
  • edited January 2020
    I personally feel Hutton's comments are pretty true & realistic of West Ham at the moment.
    People are allowed to vent their options however they feel.
    I am not sure any of us are in a position to judge how the next person feels about a club they support.
    The only time IMO it really matters re support is the paying supporters who go week in week out, the ones at the matches, on small sites like this I do not think that the next person who posts know's more than the next person or is more correct in their own beliefs/opinions than the previous poster.
    But as Alderz said, each to their own.
    And no, this is not directed at 1 particular person, before I'm asked to clarify. :ok:
  • Maybe there could be a separate thread for people with negative comments about matches, owners etc…? I feel the same as OCS, I usually come on hear to vent disappointment or joy (less joy in the last few seasons) as no one else really cares like I do within my family and friends. It makes me feel better as I know we all feel the same passion for our club. I had no idea the negative stuff got to people that much, so personally I will try my best not to post anything that I think might be negative which might upset people :ok:
  • Please post the positive comments . I am obviously missing all the good things when I watch West Ham at the moment.

Am I missing all the players giving 100 percent .

The clear leadership , guidance and plan that the board have after 10 years here and the brilliant transfer plans that David Gold has.

The fast attacking football that we play?

Our smooth passing mobile midfield that stops teams running straight through them.

Our defense that can stop making silly mistakes

Obviously I am missing all the creative good football we play and the fact that we are doing so well in the league.

I think I need to go to Spec savers.
  • I mean, if that was a response to me saying I think that giving up isn’t being supportive then I think you’ve missed my point.

You’re welcome to be as angry and negative as you want, but I’m not going to apologise for thinking that this team might shock us and nick a point against a team we should get beat by. If you want to be resigned to things being awful and always expecting the worst then have at it!
  • edited January 2020
    You can all post what you want as long as it stays with in site rules.

This thread is starting to drift over the line.

Can we please stick to the football.

Thank you
  • Lawro says we will win 2-1.

Doooooooooooooooomed.
  • A bit of inspiration for those struggling with positive thoughts. West Ham haven't lost a home FA Cup match against a team from outside the Premier League since January 1997, they are unbeaten in 12 (W10 D2), winning the last eight in a row.
  • Im quite looking forward towards tomorrows game , be nice to see Slav back and hopefully see a win aswell :scarf:
  • I know I should not have posted that last comment..sorry
  • At least it was positive :biggrin:
  • A bit of inspiration for those struggling with positive thoughts. West Ham haven't lost a home FA Cup match against a team from outside the Premier League since January 1997, they are unbeaten in 12 (W10 D2), winning the last eight in a row.

:doh:

Here you go Whitehorse

:yercoat:
  • TEAM NEWS
    Antonio: "He made a big difference Wednesday, we're bringing him along gently"
    Ogbonna (Back): "We’re having a look, he fell heavily on his back"
    Snodgrass (Knee): "He has an inflamed tendon which I think will rule him out of the weekend"
    Masuaku (Knee): "Has fluid on his knee, which I think will rule him out of the weekend"
  • edited January 2020
    Have been thinking about this, although we have a weakened squad due to our injury list being nearly a starting 11, I personally would play as weak/young a team as possible.
    I would not risk losing further starting 11 players that have been playing recently WHERE POSSIBLE, even if we get smashed.

For me it's simple, PL survival takes a definite priority, last season Pelle was himself weak, we were in no danger & could have played a stronger team, but he choose not to, for this game I would not blame Moyes if he played a weak/youthful team to protect the few players we do have fit, even if it means debut's for quite a few youngsters.

I understand many might not agree & many will say how can we, we hardly have enough players left with all injuries & players out on loan, that is why I stated Where possible!...
    All IMO of course.
  • On one hand I agree with jay but my head is saying go strong for the win and the confidence it may bring to the squad because if we have got any fight to stay up, we will need it
  • Let’s be honest, this is all we have left to salvage our season.

If we go down, we go down in style. If we stay up, we may be able to rescue this season by what we do in this.

Strong team.
  • Moyes has to put out a team that could win the game. No need to play injured players (including Antonio) or doubtful players (Oggy) as we should have a team good enough to win anyway.

Fornals must play, as should Ajeti.

• edited January 2020
    Lukerz, I personally think surviving the drop is the most important thing to salvage, that would be the best outcome for me this season, today is IMO irrelevant to the bigger picture this season. IMO!.
  • Moyes has to put out a team that could win the game. No need to play injured players (including Antonio) or doubtful players (Oggy)

Antonio wasn't on Moyes's list of injured players yesterday

as we should have a team good enough to win anyway.

Fornals must play, as should Ajeti.

Both of them were in the starting line up that should have been good enough to win against Oxford Utd...
  • Has to be a strong team for me ,Get into the 5th round ,Anything could happen ,but the main point is it might make the players believe in themselfs a bit ,and really fight
    for there places ,The feel good factor is what we need back :scarf:
  • I'm torn

On one hand I think we need a win without first XI, as this team is desperately short of confidence

But on the other hand, this is only the 4th round...and im not sure it's worth the risk going for a full strength and picking up either injury leaving us depleted. Plus he fact going full strength doesnt guarantee a win

I would probably rest players, with the injuries we have and our brightest youth out on loan, I think we have to go pretty much full strength out of necessity more than anything...

Randolph
    Zaba Diop Balbuena Cresswell
    Fornals Noble Rice Masuaku
    Ajeti Haller
  • Champo - Moyes said Masuaku is injured
  • If Reid is fit enough for the bench then I'd like to see him get 10 or 15 mins at the end.
  • Official line ups ...
    West Ham United: Randolph, Zabaleta (c), Diop, Balbuena, Cresswell, Fornals, Sanchez, Rice, Lanzini, Ajeti, Haller
    Subs: Martin, Ogbonna, Cardoso, Ngakia, Noble, Kemp, Antonio

West Bromwich Albion: Bond, O'Shea, Ajayi, Hegazi, Townsend, Phillips, Krovinovic, Barry, Brunt (c), Edwards, Austin
    Subs: Al Habsi, Bartley, Livermore, Harper, Willock, Zohore, Tulloch

Referee: Stuart Attwell
  • Apart from Sanchez, that's a decent selection with what we have. This is a team doing well, and beating them can boost our confidence and give some momentum.
  • edited January 2020

This is a team doing well, and beating them can boost our confidence and give some momentum.

Er, what?

West Brom have not won a game in the league since December 14th, on Monday they lost at home to Stoke who are currently 20 places below them.

How is that doing well?
This discussion has been closed.