Red Leicester away 22/01/20 Match Thread 19.30

Comments

• Without Randy tonight it would have been at least 6 or 7
  • Thank god i triple captained Mane this week, i honestly fancy a hat trick from him.
  • Yeold

I am afraid Liverpool will not risk their first team against us.

They will play their youth team and still beat us 6-0
  • Just sign some players for the love of God.
  • That was a hard watch

Granted we had a nice 30 minutes in the 2nd half, but that on the whole was shambolic

The first half...dont even know where to begin

This club is going backwards....and if we get relegated then I can see the club falling and falling, the LS isnt suited for the championship
  • The LS is not suited for football that is why we play there!!
  • Just sign some players for the love of God.

Who would want to join this circus? Another stroke of genius from our board to leave everything to the last minute. Pumped by Leicester with Liverpool up next; why would anyone want to play for a club on its knees?
  • We will drop into the bottom 3 on goal difference next Wednesday as I can’t see us keeping within 4 of Liverpool.
    Are they aware that we are in serious serious trouble because they certainly don’t play like it.
  • Remember Mr Moyes has said he wants to sign players for the long term! Going to be an interesting week or so. ;)
  • Against Liverpool our lot will look like passengers on a platform watching an express train screaming through.
  • Can't get upset anymore...we deserved nothing...this is the unfortunate life of a Hammers fan..we should have all been excellent surfers riding the waves wev'e had to...
  • I’m struggling to think of players I would be sad to leave if relegated. Would be nice to have a real fresh start. Maybe Zaba would get a another extension!
  • Oh dear, will watch the game later on record but clearly it will be a difficult watch, will probably pass on it.

The result and performance comments are pretty damning with questionable selection issues, Fornals should surely be ahead of Lanzini in the pecking order and Antonio is clearly a first team choice but not 100%, so with what we have, why oh why can we not play with two up top.

Haller IS a decent footballer and I think that Ajeti could only improve alongside him and I fail to see why they could not boost each other’s confidence and form a decent partnership.

I apologize for suggesting what is clearly a crazy idea and that obviously having a bloke on his own up top is the only way to go and I must come to terms with the fact that everyone who knows anything, surely knows that.

Humpth
  • Liverpool will be playing fast attacking football, whilst we'll be playing walking football.
  • I miss Arnie
  • I’m struggling to think of players I would be sad to leave if relegated. Would be nice to have a real fresh start. Maybe Zaba would get a another extension!

I'm pretty much there too. Rice aside, I wouldn't miss any of these players. Noble ain't going anywhere, but the rest will be off at the first sniff of an offer.
  • Blame the Board, blame the manager but the real issue is the players. Lanzini looks disinterested, apart from Antonio and Rice no one puts real effort in and some are far too slow (Zab and Noble). A couple of players are not going to change this; we are in a dog fight until the end of the season.
    We also need a captain who is energetic and vocal on the pitch; I did not see Noble gee anyone up today.
    Despite all this I will still be supporting the team in a years time
  • edited January 2020
    This is no suprise, our club in all honesty is in downfall, we replace a manager that just because he won the PL with a top squad our owners thought he's the right fit , only to see his true colours after a while, a winner years ago, but now so well past his sell by date IMO, they took too long with that decision IMO..they then replace him with a manager they saw not fit to take us to the next level but only to reappoint him at a later date to get us out the same kind of mess he found at his last tenure with us.
    Sorry to say, we are a IMO a joke of a club that many would like to see us fail, i sadly think we might just oblidge.
  • Angry and disappointed.

I'm getting to grips with the fact we will probably be playing in the Championship next season.

• I don’t think the players are to blame for being slow. It’s mismanagement, by the former manager and DoF, and the owners.
  • Stat from the Beeb: since October 2019 we’ve won the fewest points (11) and lost the most games (11) in the PL.
    Proof that over the last 4 months we’ve easily been the worst team in the PL and I can’t see that improving over the next month or two.
    Surely the board must be aware of this or have they been sleepwalking through this season, a bit like the players.
  • With the games we have coming up we are going to get absolutely destroyed in quite a few of them with this gutless bunch of players.

We will be very lucky to reach the 30 point mark. We have no chance of getting 40.

Can see us being a lower level championship team for quite a while but our owners will still make a lot of money till they sell.

At least Noble will be able to play for us for another 10 years.
  • It looks bleak and needs somebody like Tevez to bail us out, but I can't see anyone of that quality in the squad and hard to see why a top ranking player would join WHU.

We have a poor squad. Moyes can't play 3-5-2 because Zabaleta hasn't got the pace to play wing-back and there isn't enough creativity in the middle and pace up front.

He can't play 4-4-2, again because Zabaleto will be skinned by any winger and even Fredericks isn't that good. Masaraku is too inconsistent to play full-back or wing-back. And the lack of creativity in the middle and pace up front remains a problem.

Anderson and Lanzini have been poor this season. Lanzini today showed no pace or guile.

Glad I am not the manger as I have no idea what to do other than play 8-1-1 against Liverpool and hope that one of their players scores an own goal.
  • How on earth did we get to this?

Saw very little today to give me hope that we can get out of this mess.

• Eurghh!!! I hate them so much.
  • edited January 2020
    our squad for the Championship is looking pretty bleak, not sure if that is a squad that could push top half let alone playoffs.

Randolph

Fredericks Balbuena Ogbonna Cresswell

Holland Noble Cullen Snodgrass Diangana

Ajeti

What!.......They saved us don't you know :whistle:
  • i Cannot remember the last time we had a side where I actually don’t really like or get excited by any of the players .
    Antonio could be half decent if he wasn’t a headless chicken in front of goal but the rest wouldn’t get into many other first team squads.
  • To be fair to the owners, we did this way before they came along. I keep remembering a away game at Charlton (Selhurst Park) in the 80’s, Billy Bonds running around like a headless chicken while we cruised to a 4-1 thrashing. Set a young me up for a life of what was too come.
This discussion has been closed.